IndiaDivine.org

New with a question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi there --

I've been doing the program for about 4 months, and have decided to try to do it

as a

newbie vegetarian. My question (which I'm sure you've heard numerous times) is

how do

you get enough protein without eating too much soy (more than 1 serving/day) and

without eating too many calories for your body (meaning, if you're getting it

all from nuts

and beans, won't you gain weight?).

I'm trying a vegetarian diet (I have never eated red meat) to reduce my ever

increasing

cholesterol. My doctor wants me to go on medication, but I'd like to avoid meds.

I already

don't eat high fat foods, saturated and trans fat (or sugar, although I'm still

not off

artificial sweetners). Anyway, I know that vegetarian diets helps with

cholesterol, so I

thought I'd try it out.

Thanks for your help.

Lynn

Guest guest

Hi Lynn,Welcome.  Can  you say a little more about where you are in the program?  You said you've been doing it for 4 months.  How's your breakfast? What do you have?  Why don't we start there?  Radiant Recovery is about healing and abundance.  In the beginning we add more food to what we already eat.  People find they gain pounds at first and when we heal our bodies and stabilize our biochemistry, weight issued resolve themselves.  When we try to do all the steps at once or go too fast, we often crash, burn and need to start all over again.  I apologize if  you are posting a lot elsewhere in the community and are familiar already with the 4 parts of breakfast.  Your specific question about proteins... we have a list of protein counts in the Files section of this if you would like to consult it.  Whey protein powder is a great source.  The one formulated by Kathleen is called Restore and is the best tasting whey protein isolate I have found.  There is also a good article in the resources section of the Radiant Recovery website.  You can browse around there to find it.  Again, Welcome!LucindaOn Apr 25, 2007, at 10:53 AM, lynn39will wrote:Hi there --I've been doing the program for about 4 months, and have decided to try to do it as anewbie vegetarian. My question (which I'm sure you've heard numerous times) is how doyou get enough protein without eating too much soy (more than 1 serving/day) andwithout eating too many calories for your body (meaning, if you're getting it all from nutsand beans, won't you gain weight?).I'm trying a vegetarian diet (I have never eated red meat) to reduce my ever increasingcholesterol. My doctor wants me to go on medication, but I'd like to avoid meds. I alreadydon't eat high fat foods, saturated and trans fat (or sugar, although I'm still not offartificial sweetners). Anyway, I know that vegetarian diets helps with cholesterol, so Ithought I'd try it out.Thanks for your help.Lynn