I am unsure of any sites like that, but there are some great recipes

on www.vegweb.com in which people who have tried them rate them and

give their thoughts on them as well.

Nikki :)

, " Cari ODea " <my_lil_monkeys

wrote:

>

> I am trying to see if there are any sites that have like a personal

> experiences or taste guide type thing for vegan or vegetarian foods.

I

> would just like some ideas before I buy stuff-thanks

>b

• 9 months later...

I believe Khepre has a contact ib Hawaii for the coconuts... try glaser

farms in coconut grove Fl for tropical organic fruits..Also keep in mind to

leave room to not be perfect... we are also breathing in fresh air and some

more stuff... Appreciate what's taking place now

> " lydyybuggin76 " <lydyybuggin76

>

>

> Question...

>Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:58:57 -0000

>

>Greetings ALL,

>

>I have searched HIGH and LOW, but have been completely unable to find

>Organic Coconuts. (young) Does an Organic variety exist? I tried to see

>if my guy at Whole Foods could hunt down a case for me to purchase, but

>he was unable to do so. I try dilligently to purchase strictly Organic

>produce, but sometimes fall short. Specifically, Durian, Young Thai

>Coconut and those cool little Bananas from the Asian Market. Please

>advise...

>

>Thanks kindly,

>Lydia

>

I just saw this and maybe I missed something. I buy some things from Stan at Glaser Farms too. Produce that is not available to me where I live . But Why would you not buy from Khepre whenever possible. We need to support each other. That's why this group was originally formed. Khepre sells coconuts as a favor to the community he makes very little money off of the sales.So why wouldn't

you buy coconuts from him instead of Stan in Florida.??

Mark,

Thanks! I had previously ordered from Glaser Farms, but failed to

inquire about produce. They do have a wonderful selection and

friendly staff! I was surprised that Diamond Organics didn't have

them, either.

FYI...If anyone has been looking into Matt Amsden's Rawvolution

catered meal boxes, you should give it a try! I am LOVING these!

Check it out rawvolution.com. The boxes are $125 and ship from their

new location in NY. However, when Mojo opens, Rawvolution may become

an afterthought...

My two cents ;),

Lydia

, " Mark Blake " <blakensons wrote:

>

> I believe Khepre has a contact ib Hawaii for the coconuts... try

glaser

> farms in coconut grove Fl for tropical organic fruits..Also keep in

mind to

> leave room to not be perfect... we are also breathing in fresh air

and some

> more stuff... Appreciate what's taking place now

>

>

> > " lydyybuggin76 " <lydyybuggin76

> >

> >

> > Question...

> >Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:58:57 -0000

> >

> >Greetings ALL,

> >

> >I have searched HIGH and LOW, but have been completely unable to

find

> >Organic Coconuts. (young) Does an Organic variety exist? I tried

to see

> >if my guy at Whole Foods could hunt down a case for me to

purchase, but

> >he was unable to do so. I try dilligently to purchase strictly

Organic

> >produce, but sometimes fall short. Specifically, Durian, Young Thai

> >Coconut and those cool little Bananas from the Asian Market. Please

> >advise...

> >

> >Thanks kindly,

> >Lydia

> >

>

In a message dated 1/4/2007 1:38:42 PM Eastern Standard Time, blakensons writes:

maybe I missed something".......... it was recommended to contact Khepre for coconut.... Glaser was suggested for organic produce

Senbeb Natural food is also another source of Organic Produce, they will order for you and they had a weekly buying coop. The fee was $30.00 a year to join. They are African owned.

" maybe I missed something " .......... it was recommended to contact Khepre

for coconut.... Glaser was suggested for organic produce

>Namaska7

>

>

>Re: Re: Question...

>Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:18:27 EST

>

>I just saw this and maybe I missed something. I buy some things from Stan

>at

>Glaser Farms too. Produce that is not available to me where I live . But

>Why

>would you not buy from Khepre whenever possible. We need to support each

>other. That's why this group was originally formed. Khepre sells coconuts

>as a

>favor to the community he makes very little money off of the sales.So why

>wouldn't

> you buy coconuts from him instead of Stan in Florida.??

Greetings every1,

The only way I know to obtain green coconuts

(with the green protective skin still intact!) for a costly price is to find a

supplier in south florida.

Firstly, if the green skin is still intact I consider it a wild coconut. Anything

else where its been shaven or otherwise, it has probably been tampered with. Last

fall I ordered a palate (about 35 cases) of wild coconuts that was driven up

here from florida.

I have not done it since then mainly because of storage. There are

roughly 10 coconuts per case so I could probably handle about 10-15 cases in a

2-3 week span, depending how much I would be using them for the

restaurant. After about 2-3 weeks they will start to go bad. So I

am interested in starting a co-op with the green coconuts once the restaurant

opens for anyone that is interested. Right now I have too much on my

plate to organize it properly. I have not tried to obtain green coconuts from

glaser farms and don’t have any information into their pricing or

quantity, etc. There is a raw food community in Hawaii that I ordered jackfruit and

macadamia nuts but not coconuts. They have coconuts but it would be too

expensive the shipping from Hawaii

as they would have to ship via FedEx express shipping. If you like the

bottled flash frozen Spring

Garden variety that I

believe is the next best option, costly yes, but provides convenience of not

having to deal with shell and opening them, etc. I personally don’t

prefer vitacoco and other brands that are now entering the market, as we all

know their water is pasteurized. As I really think on this it would be

really nice to have them regularly rolling in as we move forward to the spring

season in a few months. Thx to mark & Lynda for the support.

No, I am not selling or making the green husk variety available, not yet at

least, but I can get you the spring garden water either individually or by the

case… respect & powers, khepere

Greetings Family,

I get an update every so often from a group in California that distributes organic young coconuts and durian to several places in California, but they are willing to ship to the east coast wholesale to folks with trucks who can pick up at airports. The problem is I can't find an old email with their webaddress. I'll keep looking, but if anyone is familiar with this company please offer their name and address.

Sorry I can't be of more help

one love

pam

PS- since moving to Phila, I haven't had any luck finding young coconuts, let alone organic green coconuts.

If anyone has info for this area that would be awesome (I called Arnold's way, and they didn't have any either)

khepere

Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:58 AM

RE: Re: Question...

Greetings every1,

The only way I know to obtain green coconuts

(with the green protective skin still intact!) for a costly price is to find a

supplier in south florida.

Firstly, if the green skin is still intact I consider it a wild coconut. Anything

else where its been shaven or otherwise, it has probably been tampered with. Last

fall I ordered a palate (about 35 cases) of wild coconuts that was driven up

here from florida.

I have not done it since then mainly because of storage. There are

roughly 10 coconuts per case so I could probably handle about 10-15 cases in a

2-3 week span, depending how much I would be using them for the

restaurant. After about 2-3 weeks they will start to go bad. So I

am interested in starting a co-op with the green coconuts once the restaurant

opens for anyone that is interested. Right now I have too much on my

plate to organize it properly. I have not tried to obtain green coconuts from

glaser farms and don’t have any information into their pricing or

quantity, etc. There is a raw food community in Hawaii that I ordered jackfruit and

macadamia nuts but not coconuts. They have coconuts but it would be too

expensive the shipping from Hawaii

as they would have to ship via FedEx express shipping. If you like the

bottled flash frozen Spring

Garden variety that I

believe is the next best option, costly yes, but provides convenience of not

having to deal with shell and opening them, etc. I personally don’t

prefer vitacoco and other brands that are now entering the market, as we all

know their water is pasteurized. As I really think on this it would be

really nice to have them regularly rolling in as we move forward to the spring

season in a few months. Thx to mark & Lynda for the support.

No, I am not selling or making the green husk variety available, not yet at

least, but I can get you the spring garden water either individually or by the

case… respect & powers, khepere

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Hello :

I looked a few months ago for the rawfoods store in Ithaca and could not find any young coconuts that are organic and affordable. I would appreciate knowing the name of the distributor who will ship to the East Coast. Alberts Organics sells regular young coconuts at wholesale for 6 for $10.00. I finally decided to purchase alot of the organic produce from Wegmans which is a supermarket that started in Rochester, NY. They have a large organic movement in their store and have their own brand of organic goods which they sell cheaply (I buy the pasta they sell at 4 for $5.00 for my daughter) They sell organic Mangos usually at 3 for $5.00 and organic avocados at 3 for $5.00.. There produce is nice quality and beats the price of alot of distributors because they buy in very large quantities. I think they have a Wegmans in Arlington or Fairfax (or will) and one somewhere not far from Philadelphia, in New Jersey.

Also I was wonderfing about the green coconuts from Florida. Do you use a machete' to get into them? Are you going to be shipping goods from your restaurant? Blessings, Ashtarra

atzzill Jan 4, 2007 8:05 PM Re: Re: Question...

Greetings Family,I get an update every so often from a group in California that distributes organic young coconuts and durian to several places in California, but they are willing to ship to the east coast wholesale to folks with trucks who can pick up at airports. The problem is I can't find an old email with their webaddress. I'll keep looking, but if anyone is familiar with this company please offer their name and address. Sorry I can't be of more helpone lovepamPS- since moving to Phila, I haven't had any luck finding young coconuts, let alone organic green coconuts.If anyone has info for this area that would be awesome (I called Arnold's way, and they didn't have any either)

khepere (AT) comcast (DOT) netTo: Sent: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:58 AMRE: Re: Question...

Greetings every1,

The only way I know to obtain green coconuts (with the green protective skin still intact!) for a costly price is to find a supplier in south florida. Firstly, if the green skin is still intact I consider it a wild coconut. Anything else where its been shaven or otherwise, it has probably been tampered with. Last fall I ordered a palate (about 35 cases) of wild coconuts that was driven up here from florida. I have not done it since then mainly because of storage. There are roughly 10 coconuts per case so I could probably handle about 10-15 cases in a 2-3 week span, depending how much I would be using them for the restaurant. After about 2-3 weeks they will start to go bad. So I am interested in starting a co-op with the green coconuts once the restaurant opens for anyone that is interested. Right now I have too much on my plate to organize it properly. I have not tried to obtain green coconuts from glaser farms and don’t have any information into their pricing or quantity, etc. There is a raw food community in Hawaii that I ordered jackfruit and macadamia nuts but not coconuts. They have coconuts but it would be too expensive the shipping from Hawaii as they would have to ship via FedEx express shipping. If you like the bottled flash frozen Spring Garden variety that I believe is the next best option, costly yes, but provides convenience of not having to deal with shell and opening them, etc. I personally don’t prefer vitacoco and other brands that are now entering the market, as we all know their water is pasteurized. As I really think on this it would be really nice to have them regularly rolling in as we move forward to the spring season in a few months. Thx to mark & Lynda for the support. No, I am not selling or making the green husk variety available, not yet at least, but I can get you the spring garden water either individually or by the case… respect & powers, khepere

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

CONTACT DR.NATURAL AT 718-783-3465 / HE CAN ANSWER ALL OF THOSE QUESTIONS.

ashtarra brissette <arcadiapress To: Subject: Re: Re: Question...Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:27:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello :

I looked a few months ago for the rawfoods store in Ithaca and could not find any young coconuts that are organic and affordable. I would appreciate knowing the name of the distributor who will ship to the East Coast. Alberts Organics sells regular young coconuts at wholesale for 6 for $10.00. I finally decided to purchase alot of the organic produce from Wegmans which is a supermarket that started in Rochester, NY. They have a large organic movement in their store and have their own brand of organic goods which they sell cheaply (I buy the pasta they sell at 4 for $5.00 for my daughter) They sell organic Mangos usually at 3 for $5.00 and organic avocados at 3 for $5.00.. There produce is nice quality and beats the price of alot of distributors because they buy in very large quantities. I think they have a Wegmans in Arlington or Fairfax (or will) and one somewhere not far from Philadelphia, in New Jersey.

Also I was wonderfing about the green coconuts from Florida. Do you use a machete' to get into them? Are you going to be shipping goods from your restaurant? Blessings, Ashtarra

atzzill (AT) aol (DOT) com Jan 4, 2007 8:05 PM Re: Re: Question...

Greetings Family,I get an update every so often from a group in California that distributes organic young coconuts and durian to several places in California, but they are willing to ship to the east coast wholesale to folks with trucks who can pick up at airports. The problem is I can't find an old email with their webaddress. I'll keep looking, but if anyone is familiar with this company please offer their name and address. Sorry I can't be of more helpone lovepamPS- since moving to Phila, I haven't had any luck finding young coconuts, let alone organic green coconuts.If anyone has info for this area that would be awesome (I called Arnold's way, and they didn't have any either)

khepere (AT) comcast (DOT) netTo: Sent: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:58 AMRE: Re: Question...

Greetings every1,

The only way I know to obtain green coconuts (with the green protective skin still intact!) for a costly price is to find a supplier in south florida. Firstly, if the green skin is still intact I consider it a wild coconut. Anything else where its been shaven or otherwise, it has probably been tampered with. Last fall I ordered a palate (about 35 cases) of wild coconuts that was driven up here from florida. I have not done it since then mainly because of storage. There are roughly 10 coconuts per case so I could probably handle about 10-15 cases in a 2-3 week span, depending how much I would be using them for the restaurant. After about 2-3 weeks they will start to go bad. So I am interested in starting a co-op with the green coconuts once the restaurant opens for anyone that is interested. Right now I have too much on my plate to organize it properly. I have not tried to obtain green coconuts from glaser farms and don’t have any information into their pricing or quantity, etc. There is a raw food community in Hawaii that I ordered jackfruit and macadamia nuts but not coconuts. They have coconuts but it would be too expensive the shipping from Hawaii as they would have to ship via FedEx express shipping. If you like the bottled flash frozen Spring Garden variety that I believe is the next best option, costly yes, but provides convenience of not having to deal with shell and opening them, etc. I personally don’t prefer vitacoco and other brands that are now entering the market, as we all know their water is pasteurized. As I really think on this it would be really nice to have them regularly rolling in as we move forward to the spring season in a few months. Thx to mark & Lynda for the support. No, I am not selling or making the green husk variety available, not yet at least, but I can get you the spring garden water either individually or by the case… respect & powers, khepere

Get FREE Web site and company branded e-mail from Microsoft Office Live

UPDATE-

Glaser Farms has the Green Coconuts in stock! They are Organic, and

sell for $3 each. They don't really sell them 'by the case' per se,

so the more you buy- the price remains the same. I just ordered some

today...

Lydia

, " lydyybuggin76 " <lydyybuggin76

wrote:

>

> Mark,

>

> Thanks! I had previously ordered from Glaser Farms, but failed to

> inquire about produce. They do have a wonderful selection and

> friendly staff! I was surprised that Diamond Organics didn't have

> them, either.

> FYI...If anyone has been looking into Matt Amsden's Rawvolution

> catered meal boxes, you should give it a try! I am LOVING these!

> Check it out rawvolution.com. The boxes are $125 and ship from

their

> new location in NY. However, when Mojo opens, Rawvolution may

become

> an afterthought...

>

> My two cents ;),

> Lydia

>

> , " Mark Blake " <blakensons@> wrote:

> >

> > I believe Khepre has a contact ib Hawaii for the coconuts... try

> glaser

> > farms in coconut grove Fl for tropical organic fruits..Also keep

in

> mind to

> > leave room to not be perfect... we are also breathing in fresh

air

> and some

> > more stuff... Appreciate what's taking place now

> >

> >

> > > " lydyybuggin76 " <lydyybuggin76@>

> > >

> > >

> > > Question...

> > >Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:58:57 -0000

> > >

> > >Greetings ALL,

> > >

> > >I have searched HIGH and LOW, but have been completely unable to

> find

> > >Organic Coconuts. (young) Does an Organic variety exist? I tried

> to see

> > >if my guy at Whole Foods could hunt down a case for me to

> purchase, but

> > >he was unable to do so. I try dilligently to purchase strictly

> Organic

> > >produce, but sometimes fall short. Specifically, Durian, Young

Thai

> > >Coconut and those cool little Bananas from the Asian Market.

Please

> > >advise...

> > >

> > >Thanks kindly,

> > >Lydia

> > >

> >

>

• 9 months later...

Tofurkey slices, bean dips/hummus, muujadara in a pita/wrap,

tofu " eggless " salad sandwich, meatless sloppy joe in a wrap, etc.

Beans dips make good 'glue' to keep crumbly stuff in, so sometimes i'll

do something half bean and half crumbled tofu, mexican style.

Tina

> hi :)

> im karen and im wondering what i can put in a sandwhich for a

> good lunch?

> Karen

>

• 4 months later...
Guest guest

I found a distributor for green coconuts who will make a bulk shipment to the Washington, DC/Maryland area once or twice a month. Since I am also in California once or twice a month, I might be able to get a shipment there as well, but it depends on how many people are interested and the quantity people would want on a bimonthly or monthly basis. Please shoot me an email and let me know the quantity monthly (for once and twice a month) and your location that so we can see how this will work. Currently the retail price is per coconut is $3 which includes travel expenses but for a bulk shipment to those areas mentioned, we might get a better price. Also, if there are people in other cities/areas, let me know that too. Another shipment to another state could be coordinated if there is enough volume/interest. This person has over 25,000 coconut trees but has usually sold them to manufacturers while holding onto a few green ones for the family's personal consumption and

has agreed to sell them young.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Are these organic and/or non GMO coconuts? Glaser farm in Fl may also be a source, if there is a large enough order

From: katdivine87Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:05:57 -0700 Re: Question...

I found a distributor for green coconuts who will make a bulk shipment to the Washington, DC/Maryland area once or twice a month. Since I am also in California once or twice a month, I might be able to get a shipment there as well, but it depends on how many people are interested and the quantity people would want on a bimonthly or monthly basis. Please shoot me an email and let me know the quantity monthly (for once and twice a month) and your location that so we can see how this will work. Currently the retail price is per coconut is $3 which includes travel expenses but for a bulk shipment to those areas mentioned, we might get a better price. Also, if there are people in other cities/areas, let me know that too. Another shipment to another state could be coordinated if there is enough volume/interest. This person has over 25,000 coconut trees but has usually sold them to manufacturers while holding onto a few green ones for the family's personal consumption and has agreed to sell them young.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn more.