IndiaDivine.org

this list

Rate this topic

Guest guest

thank you elicia, i agree to your statement.

i don´t understand why the moderator of this list hasn´t wiped " citizens concerns " off the list.

aurelia

Some people think they´re luckylike they thought of heaven first.Some people been holdin´ back their love so longi think they´re about to burst...

some people only waste so long until they waste away.

Neal Morse/Spock´s Beard

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----Von: Elicia Raymond <eliciaAn: Datum: Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2000 14:08Betreff: this listWhen I first joined this list, I was excited about learning new vegan recipes. In fact, the description of the list is as follows: " A place to exchange vegan and vegetarian recipes and links. This is not a list on which to discuss animal abuse. This list is for those who have eliminated animal products from their diet and daily lives. Only positive things will be discussed here. This list is safe for kids. No profanity or unsuitable material allowed. " So far, there have been few recipes and I have seen a lot of political and animal abuse propaganda. While i think that it is important to discuss these topics, it doesn't seem appropriate to discuss these things on this particular list. There are other lists that do focus on these issues. ---Elicia-------------------------- eGroups Sponsor -------------------------~-~>eGroups eLertsIt's Easy. It's Fun. Best of All, it's Free!>'>http://click./1/9698/1/_/423093/_/972994114/---_->

• 3 weeks later...

When I first joined this list, I was excited about learning new vegan

recipes. In fact, the description of the list is as follows:

" A place to exchange vegan and vegetarian recipes and links. This is

not a list on which to discuss animal abuse. This list is for those

who have eliminated animal products from their diet and daily lives.

Only positive things will be discussed here. This list is safe for

kids. No profanity or unsuitable material allowed. "

So far, there have been few recipes and I have seen a lot of

political and animal abuse propaganda. While i think that it is

important to discuss these topics, it doesn't seem appropriate to

discuss these things on this particular list. There are other lists

that do focus on these issues.

---Elicia

Elicia, I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I was going to unsub today, because I can discuss animal abuse ANYWHERE. I thought recipies were going to be traded. I am a life long --( 43 year ) vegetarian, and am tired of the same old stuff to eat. I thought I might get a few ideas from this list and instead I am getting political views and animal abuse. Maeve

-

Elicia Raymond

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 7:08 AM

this list

When I first joined this list, I was excited about learning new vegan recipes. In fact, the description of the list is as follows:"A place to exchange vegan and vegetarian recipes and links. This is not a list on which to discuss animal abuse. This list is for those who have eliminated animal products from their diet and daily lives. Only positive things will be discussed here. This list is safe for kids. No profanity or unsuitable material allowed."So far, there have been few recipes and I have seen a lot of political and animal abuse propaganda. While i think that it is important to discuss these topics, it doesn't seem appropriate to discuss these things on this particular list. There are other lists that do focus on these issues. ---Elicia

In a message dated 10/31/00 7:23:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,

elicia writes:

<< So far, there have been few recipes and I have seen a lot of

political and animal abuse propaganda. While i think that it is

important to discuss these topics, it doesn't seem appropriate to

discuss these things on this particular list. There are other lists

that do focus on these issues. >>

No one on here was discussing that, obviously the list owner has chosen to

keep the " citizens concern " person on the list. I never accept the citizens

concerns to my groups anymore after discovering what they are about. And it

too bothers me that they are allowed to spam this list. They try to join

every vegan list possible. It gets annoying. =)

In a message dated 10/31/00 8:24:06 AM Eastern Standard Time,

dschlagg writes:

<< Elicia, I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I was going to unsub

today, because I can discuss animal abuse ANYWHERE. I thought recipies were

going to be traded. I am a life long --( 43 year ) vegetarian, and am tired

of the same old stuff to eat. I thought I might get a few ideas from this

list and instead I am getting political views and animal abuse. Maeve >>

You guys PLEASE don't leave! Just email the list owner and express your

concern.

If anyone is interested in more vegan groups, I have a few too. A vegan mom

group and a pregnant vegan one. No citizens concerns either.

In a message dated 10/31/00 9:03:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,

aurelia999 writes:

<< i don´t understand why the moderator of this list hasn´t wiped " citizens

concerns " off the list >>

I wiped them off mine the first time they posted, because at first I had no

idea who it was (new to all this) and then once I saw them " post " I was

like... " Uh huh...bye! "

I am 43 yr old too, Maeve.....and I need new ideas, sounds like you are a "seasoned" vegetarian and I am in transition....HELP!! If you are up for it contact me privately

Jill

norths

-

Paul Schlaggel

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 5:17 AM

Re: this list

Elicia, I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I was going to unsub today, because I can discuss animal abuse ANYWHERE. I thought recipies were going to be traded. I am a life long --( 43 year ) vegetarian, and am tired of the same old stuff to eat. I thought I might get a few ideas from this list and instead I am getting political views and animal abuse. Maeve

-

Elicia Raymond

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 7:08 AM

this list

When I first joined this list, I was excited about learning new vegan recipes. In fact, the description of the list is as follows:"A place to exchange vegan and vegetarian recipes and links. This is not a list on which to discuss animal abuse. This list is for those who have eliminated animal products from their diet and daily lives. Only positive things will be discussed here. This list is safe for kids. No profanity or unsuitable material allowed."So far, there have been few recipes and I have seen a lot of political and animal abuse propaganda. While i think that it is important to discuss these topics, it doesn't seem appropriate to discuss these things on this particular list. There are other lists that do focus on these issues. ---Elicia

Hi, Thanks for the pep talk. It irked me because I really searched for a group that only discussed food--not all that other stuff. Tomorrow morning, I'm sending a recipe--rebel that I am LOL. Maeve

-

GeekGoddessMama

Tuesday, October 31, 2000 2:42 PM

Re: this list

In a message dated 10/31/00 8:24:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, dschlagg writes:<< Elicia, I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I was going to unsub today, because I can discuss animal abuse ANYWHERE. I thought recipies were going to be traded. I am a life long --( 43 year ) vegetarian, and am tired of the same old stuff to eat. I thought I might get a few ideas from this list and instead I am getting political views and animal abuse. Maeve >>You guys PLEASE don't leave! Just email the list owner and express your concern.If anyone is interested in more vegan groups, I have a few too. A vegan mom group and a pregnant vegan one. No citizens concerns either.