Not Enough.

Vatican should set example of the teachings of Christ 'Thou Shall not Kill "

and tell members of its church to shun meat, egg and all animal food

products.

shiva

Chennai

INDIA

How about you follow the rules and post recipes and other vegan food related

questions and information... this isn't an animal rights list.

thanks, Jeff

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

• 2 years later...

Dear All/Juanita,

I'll be out of town that day but I'd like to say a.) sorry you are sick Juanita and I pray for a speedy recovery and b.) anyone WOULD WOULD LIKE TO STEP IN AT THE LAST SECOND AND HOST A POTLUCK THIS WEEKEND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO ! JUST POST TO:

Dave

wrote:

Any of you are welcome at our Contra Costa one here in Walnut Creek. I have 6 more spaces left. Yes, it's walking distance from both the Walnut Creek & Pleasant Hill BART stations. In fact, one person from Santa Clara is coming up now, using BART. I'll put the details below Dave's message.

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:19:14 -0800 (PST) Dave Pearl <tantraguy2002 writes:

Dear All/Juanita, I'll be out of town that day but I'd like to say a.) sorry you are sick Juanita and I pray for a speedy recovery and b.) anyone WOULD WOULD LIKE TO STEP IN AT THE LAST SECOND AND HOST A POTLUCK THIS WEEKEND PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO ! JUST POST TO: Dave

----- Forwarded Message -----

Dianne K Seaborg <dhermit

Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:34:24 -0800

JANUARY CCV POTLUCK WITH EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

NOTE: We are at The Keys this month, but not in the clubhouse.

We will be in Diane Harrison's condo, which is somewhat spatially challenged. Since our turnouts have not been huge recently, it shouldn't be a problem, but an RSVP to Diane would be helpful, so we know whether to have more chairs on hand. Don't let that stop you from deciding to join us at the last minute though!

POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES:

Hottubbing: bring a swimsuit and towel if this interests you

Games: Diane has Scrabble, Boggle, Set, and Upwords. If you have some favorites, please bring them

Videos: Diane has tons of Star Trek or Babylon 5 tapes, plus some movies

FOR ALLERGY SUFFERERS: a number of bicycles live at this domicile (just seeing if you're paying attention :-).

Now on to the details and directions:

CONTRA COSTA VEGETARIANS' VEGAN POTLUCK!

(Vegan = no animal products of any kind;ie, no meat, fish, eggs, dairy, honey, etc.)

SATURDAY, JANUARY 18TH, 20036:00 P.M.: GATHER; 6:30 P.M.: EAT

The Keys Condominiums, Building 420, Unit #103N. Civic Dr in Walnut Creekhome of Diane E Harrison: 925-938-3856; dianeliz

PLEASE BRING:–one dish (per attendee) to feed 6-8 people--an autographed copy of your recipe to place byyour dish for others to read/copy/inquire about--your own reusable plate, cup, silverware, napkin(and don't forget a serving spoon)–a swimsuit & towel if you wish to go swimming and/or hottubbingafterward

Directions: going north or south on Highway 680, take the North Main Stexit and go south on North Main St to Parkside Dr; turn left on toParkside, which dead ends at North Civic Dr in a few blocks; turn left onto North Civic; you then have two choices for where to park and enter building 420.

If you are unfamiliar with the Keys, you might prefer to enter the complex at the 2nd (middle) driveway and park there in any spot marked with a "V" for "veg" (okay, so they probably mean "visitor" :-); walk to building 420 (just to right of waterfall, other side of tennis court from clubhouse), look for Diane Harrison's name, and dial that code. Someone will answer and buzz the door open. Go through lobby and go through door to ground floor units. (Do not get on elevator.) Diane's condo is at the end of the hall on right, #103.

If you have been to the Keys before and feel comfortable with the layout, you can enter the complex at the northernmost (3rd) driveway; go left at the end of the parking lot and go clockwise around the building as if you are heading toward the clubhouse, but park before you get there; park in any spot marked "V" (for visitor); walk into the complex just prior to car wash (look for Diane's "vegan potluck" sign); enter the open back door into building 420; Unit 103 is on left with wreath. (After dark, you can park at carwash.)

Hope to see you there!

• 9 months later...

Hi Terri,

what kinds of things are you eating? If you don't mind me asking that is.

It could be that you don't have enough protein or fat in your meals.

I know at the moment i'm guilty of eating too much in the way of carbs. I think that we do (as a group) tend to eat too much carbs and not enough protein and i think its the protein and fat that makes you feel full.

I read that if you imagine a plate of food as a clock - 12 - 4 should be protein, 4 - 6/7 should be carbs and the rest should be veg. This wasn't specific to veggies/vegans but to all people.

If i think i might be lacking in protein after a meal i have a soya shake to make up for it. I try to snack on dried fruit, nuts and seeds if i need to snack. (Something that i know Woodenbowl (another member on this list) does daily and that has had an amazing effect on her life in so many ways! I won't go into it because its not my place to say but maybe she's like to share it with the group?)

Anyway, i think grazing between meals on healthy foods is a great idea. People always say you shouldn't snack between meals but talking to a nutritionist, she told me that we need to replace vitamins and minerals every 3 hours (every 1 and a half hours if we are drinking or if we smoke) and said that snacking on nuts and seeds is very good for us.

Anyway, thats enough of a rant. Does anyone else snack?

Laura x wrote: