IndiaDivine.org

vatican

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello!

I'm not Catholic, but teaching folks to not eat meat, egg and all animal food, is not Biblical. I agree with you, as I'm a vegan, that eating animal products is not the best for our health or body, and that the way animals are treated today is an abomination in God's eyes and mine. However, the 6th Commandment is "You shall not MURDER", not "kill". There is a huge difference. :-) If there's a spider in my bed, it's dead! LOL Also, God gave man permission to eat certain animals ~ He labeled them as *edible* (inedible flesh foods inlcude pork, and no scavengers ex: certain fish, birds, etc,) As well, God originally created mankind to be vegans .. (Gen. 1:29). Man wasn't even given permission to eat edible meats until after the Flood. Until then, man had been vegans.... Today's meats (the ones that we are permitted to eat) are nowhere near what they were!

thousands of years ago.....even a couple hundred years ago in fact, and are very unhealthy for us to eat today..in fact, eating animal products can be quite dangerous, if not fatal. I have a dear friend who ate fish in an upscale restaraunt and was rushed to emergency and almost died because the fish was so contaminated. This was unheard of a couple hundred years ago, much less a few thousand years ago in Jesus' day. Going vegetarian or vegan is a personal choice but not a Biblical mandate. I hope this helps clarify this for you Shiva :-))

In Him,

Rev. Fern

In a message dated 1/10/01 12:52:07 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

Vatican should set example of the teachings of Christ 'Thou Shall not Kill" and tell members of its church to shun meat, egg and all animal food products.