Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

In a message dated 4/30/01 3:10:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

writes:

<< One more suggestion, buy a really HUGE vegetarian cookbook, and let your

kids pick something out that they want to eat, and help make. That way they

feel like they are part of the decision, and not just stuck with it! Get one

with lots of pictures so the young ones can participate too!

Monica >>

Can you recommend a great cookbook????

Thanks,

Jo-Ann

Guest guest

Hi Jo-Ann, I have Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, by Deborah Madison. It has about 1500 recipes in it, and weighs a ton! =0) Not all the recipes are vegan, but most are. I am not sure how much it runs, mine was actually a gift. If it is too much, I would be glad to share some of the recipes with you! The soups are great so far! But, she describes the different types of uncommon vegetables, and what can be done with them. She also explains about tofu, miso, etc... Even what type of wine to use with different meals! So, it's been ideal for me, since I am a brand-new vegan. The author was the head chef at The Greens restaurant in San Francisco, so she has lots of creative dishes, as well as quick and simple ones. Many of these meals are fancy enough for holiday dinners! My hubby is not a vegetarian, so it's important to me to make meals that look fabulous so he doesn't moan and groan so much. In fact, I don't think he has realized yet that I am working eggs and dairy out of breakfast and dinner...... shhhhhh! I am still on the prowl for a veggie cookbook for kids, so let me know if you find one! God Bless! Monica www.avpetconnection.com - LamourDelaVie Re:Cook books Can you recommend a great cookbook????Thanks,Jo-Ann Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com