IndiaDivine.org

Flax, Canola, and Corndogs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It was my understanding that flax oil is not recommended for men....don't remember why, seems like it had something to do with the prostrate. Anyway, the whole canola oil is deadly story seems like a load of BS to me.

Here's a recipe to keep this post in good grace. :) My wife and son wanted corndogs so I adapted the following recipe to be vegan and used smart dogs instead of hot dogs...it's pretty good.

Corndog BatterIngredients:1 cup all purpose flour2/3 cup yellow cornmeal2 tablespoons sugar1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder1/2 teaspoon salt2 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening1 substitute for 1 egg3/4 cup soy milk8 smartdogsvegetable oil for deep frying8 wooden skewersPreparation:1. Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder & salt in a mixing bowl.Add shortening & blend until mixture is crumbly. Add egg substitute & soy milk; mix lightly.

2. Pat dogs dry. Coat each one as evenly as possible with batter.3. Heat oil to 375. Add batter coated dogs & cook until golden brown. About4 to 5 minutes. Serve at once, with or without inserting skewers throughbottom.

-

JP JP

Thursday, June 21, 2001 5:39 AM

Re: Digest Number 303

It's actually pretty simple to get your omega 3 fats without using canola oil, ie rape seed. Use flax seeds or flax oil. I grind up flax seeds and throw them in my cereal, in my salads in with my breading mixture for tofu and seitan. Flax seeds have a very light, nutty flavor and are much better for you then rape seed.Be Good, JPhttp://www.geocities.com/spongesage_______________Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com