IndiaDivine.org

advice on being vegan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 8/18/01 12:45:46 AM Central Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

Wow, what a fascinating website. . .thank you! I had no idea there were so

many vegan-seeming foods that really aren't. . .like marshmallows (?? is

that because they're made with refined sugar?)and french fries (sigh. . .I

love french fries!). . .I have a lot to learn about veganism and the VRG

will be a big help.

I don't know how you guys do it... as of right now I am only a vegetarian, and I don't know how I could survive being a vegan! I'm sure sounding like those people who say they "couldn't live without meat," but I'm seriously wondering how you do it. Everything has animal products in it, it seems, whether it be cake, french fries, or even marshmallows! How do you find replacements for those foods? Are there special vegan stores, or can you find these vegan products anywhere? I'm very interested in become vegan, I just can't seem to find the place to start! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

--christina *

if missing you could blacken the stars

there'd be no midnight show

if missing you could make it rain

the seas would overflow

if missing you could make it hot

there would be deserts all around

if missing you could silence noise

the earth would have no sound

It is really a long learning process, at least for me! At first when I

became vegan, not knowing good replacements, I jsut did without and

consequently was very very HUNGRY!! LOL!! But you will learn. Being on a

list like this will really help you. Ask questions when you dont know or

arent sure. No one here ever just KNEW, they had to learn too :)

Jo-Ann

In a message dated 8/17/2001 11:32:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time, CharismaticGddss writes:

Everything has animal products in it, it seems, whether it be cake, french fries, or even marshmallows! How do you find replacements for those foods? Are there special vegan stores, or can you find these vegan products anywhere?

Not all french fries are not vegan. It is extremely easy to make a vegan cake, I just use a regular recipe and substitute soy margarine for the butter and 1/4 cup soft silken tofu for each egg. It really is not that hard at all. As for marshmallows, I do miss them, but they have gelatin in them which I think is absolultely disgusting!

Sara

Colin's Ap Mama

We haven't inherited the earth, we are only borrowing it from our children.

Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

I'm right there with you Christina. . .I'm starting to feel like nothing is safe!

"Change your life, simply by changing your mind"

-

CharismaticGddss

Friday, August 17, 2001 11:30 PM

advice on being vegan

In a message dated 8/18/01 12:45:46 AM Central Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

Wow, what a fascinating website. . .thank you! I had no idea there were so many vegan-seeming foods that really aren't. . .like marshmallows (?? is that because they're made with refined sugar?)and french fries (sigh. . .I love french fries!). . .I have a lot to learn about veganism and the VRG will be a big help.I don't know how you guys do it... as of right now I am only a vegetarian, and I don't know how I could survive being a vegan! I'm sure sounding like those people who say they "couldn't live without meat," but I'm seriously wondering how you do it. Everything has animal products in it, it seems, whether it be cake, french fries, or even marshmallows! How do you find replacements for those foods? Are there special vegan stores, or can you find these vegan products anywhere? I'm very interested in become vegan, I just can't seem to find the place to start! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

--christina * if missing you could blacken the stars there'd be no midnight show if missing you could make it rain the seas would overflow if missing you could make it hot there would be deserts all around if missing you could silence noise the earth would have no sound

In a message dated 8/18/01 2:12:44 PM Central Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

I'm right there with you Christina. . .I'm starting to feel like nothing is safe!

oh i know, it seems everything has some kind of animal product in it!

--christina *

if missing you could blacken the stars

there'd be no midnight show

if missing you could make it rain

the seas would overflow

if missing you could make it hot

there would be deserts all around

if missing you could silence noise

the earth would have no sound

they have vegan marshmallows, that are made without gelatin

In a message dated 8/18/01 8:00:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, colinsapmama writes:

As for marshmallows, I do miss them, but they have gelatin in them which I think is absolultely disgusting!

Nah, the majority of things don't. You just have to wean yourself off of too much processed food and get back to eating natural human food--fruits, vegetables, grain, legumes, etc. etc. Oh and think of all of the wonderful spices you can use to season those foods. How wonderful--that's what I say. The key is to look past conditioning and bad habits that wellmeaning humans and not-so-well meaning multi-national food corporations have subjected you to. You will feel better for it when you make the change. Trust me.

Alan

-

CharismaticGddss

Saturday, August 18, 2001 10:18 PM

Re: advice on being vegan

In a message dated 8/18/01 2:12:44 PM Central Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes: oh i know, it seems everything has some kind of animal product in it!

--christina * if missing you could blacken the stars there'd be no midnight show if missing you could make it rain the seas would overflow if missing you could make it hot there would be deserts all around if missing you could silence noise the earth would have no sound

No they don't, the only company who made them stopped

Change your thinking, change your life

-

Chicke2581

Sunday, August 19, 2001 12:38 AM

Re: advice on being vegan

they have vegan marshmallows, that are made without gelatin In a message dated 8/18/01 8:00:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, colinsapmama writes:

As for marshmallows, I do miss them, but they have gelatin in them which I think is absolultely disgusting!

oh sorry i didn't know that, my friends are vegan and they still use marshmallows so i just assumed they were the vegan kind and still around, my bad...

In a message dated 8/19/01 12:59:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

No they don't, the only company who made them stopped