IndiaDivine.org

vegan personals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, as if I haven't bored or offended everyone enough with my blatherings, here is another. A few months back I started a vegan personals newsgroup. Yeah I know it sounds lame, but I have heard many people say that they have never even met another vegan either at all or where they live, so I figured that this might help things. But as of yet there are only ten members. Also, I think aside from the welcome posts I sent, there have only been two others both from the same person and no replies. Needless to say it would be great to get as many people in there as possible. I understand that many of you are probably married or in a serious relationship with someone, but if you happen to know any other vegans and could possibly e-mail the info. to them that would be great. So, let me know if you have any questions, and the info. is below.

Thanks,

Alan

Post message:

vegan-personals

Subscribe:

vegan-personals-

Un:

vegan-personals-

List owner:

vegan-personals-owner

I would love to join a vegan personals newsgroup! I'm very single, and don't know ANYONE besides me who is vegan or even anything close to it!

"Change your life, simply by changing your mind"

-

Alan McClure

Saturday, August 18, 2001 10:40 AM

vegan personals

Well, as if I haven't bored or offended everyone enough with my blatherings, here is another. A few months back I started a vegan personals newsgroup. Yeah I know it sounds lame, but I have heard many people say that they have never even met another vegan either at all or where they live, so I figured that this might help things. But as of yet there are only ten members. Also, I think aside from the welcome posts I sent, there have only been two others both from the same person and no replies. Needless to say it would be great to get as many people in there as possible. I understand that many of you are probably married or in a serious relationship with someone, but if you happen to know any other vegans and could possibly e-mail the info. to them that would be great. So, let me know if you have any questions, and the info. is below.

Thanks,

Alan

Post message:

vegan-personals

Subscribe:

vegan-personals-

Un:

vegan-personals-

List owner:

vegan-personals-owner

well then, just send an e-mail to

vegan-personals-

and then follow the directions. If you want to post a message after you have joined send it to

vegan-personals

I'm glad someone else finds the group useful.

Alan

-

Elizabeth W.

Saturday, August 18, 2001 2:25 PM

Re: vegan personals

I would love to join a vegan personals newsgroup! I'm very single, and don't know ANYONE besides me who is vegan or even anything close to it!

"Change your life, simply by changing your mind"

-

Alan McClure

Saturday, August 18, 2001 10:40 AM

vegan personals

Thanks,

Alan

Post message:

vegan-personals

Subscribe:

vegan-personals-

Un:

vegan-personals-

List owner:

vegan-personals-owner

Thanks!

Alan

-

colinsapmama

Saturday, August 18, 2001 3:17 PM

I am actually going to a vegan ice cream social tomorrow, I am married but I would be happy to pass on the information for you. Sara Colin's Ap Mama A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf. Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

Vegan ice cream social? Isn't that sort of a contradiction in terms?

Where does one find out about these things?

Change your thinking, change your life

-

colinsapmama

Saturday, August 18, 2001 1:17 PM

I am actually going to a vegan ice cream social tomorrow, I am married but I would be happy to pass on the information for you. Sara Colin's Ap Mama A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf. Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

Unfortunately unless you live in very large cities in California possibly New York and maybe in Great Britain, you may not be likely to find them at all. But let us hope that you will. I have no idea however how to find info. about them. My guess is that a local health food store or restaurant may be the best place.

Alan

-

Elizabeth W.

Saturday, August 18, 2001 8:01 PM

Where does one find out about these things?

-

colinsapmama

Saturday, August 18, 2001 1:17 PM

In a message dated 8/18/2001 5:49:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

I am in a group called Vegans in Motion. One of our members owns a vegan health food store where he makes his own vegan ice cream, no dairy or refined sugar and it tastes delicious!

Sara

Colin's Ap Mama

We haven't inherited the earth, we are only borrowing it from our children.

Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

Oh no fair. . .I want some!!! One place near my home in northern CA is now experimenting with soy ice cream. . .I tried some and it was really good. . .do you happen to know where I might find something like that in southern CA?? Also, where do you find these vegan groups??

-

colinsapmama

Sunday, August 19, 2001 5:55 AM

In a message dated 8/18/2001 5:49:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

Vegan ice cream social? Isn't that sort of a contradiction in terms? I am in a group called Vegans in Motion. One of our members owns a vegan health food store where he makes his own vegan ice cream, no dairy or refined sugar and it tastes delicious! Sara Colin's Ap Mama We haven't inherited the earth, we are only borrowing it from our children. Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

In a message dated 8/19/2001 10:00:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

Oh no fair. . .I want some!!! One place near my home in northern CA is now experimenting with soy ice cream. . .I tried some and it was really good. . .do you happen to know where I might find something like that in southern CA?? Also, where do you find these vegan groups??

I found the vegan group that I am in because they had flyers all over. I love soy ice cream!! The one with the best flavor is Tofutti, but it is high in fat and contains hydrogenated oils, Soy Delicious is good and it is fairly low in fat. The book Vegan Vittles has a recipe for vegan ice cream, if you are interested I can try to post it. You might be able to find a vegan group in your area, check out the Health food stores and vegetarian restaurants, they may be able to point you in the direction. If you can't find one then start one, you may be surprised at how many other vegans are in your area, I was because I am in Michigan.

Sara

Colin's Ap Mama

A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf.

In a message dated 8/19/2001 5:07:17 PM Pacific Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

What exactly is wrong with hydrogenated oils? I've heard of Tofutti, but not Soy Delicious. . .I'll have to look for it. I haven't seen any Vegetarian restaurants here, but I'll try the health food stores. You're right, coming from Michigan that is amazing. . .is it a large group that you are in??

I am not exactly sure why they are bad, I just remember hearing that they are bad, I am sure that someone else on here will know the exact reason.

There are actually quite a few groups here in Michigan, some are animal rights groups while others are just social vegan/vegetarian groups. I was in a different one that had over thirty members, but they moved the potlucks too far away. The one that I just joined has about twenty five members, there weren't that many at the ice cream social though.

Sara

Colin's Ap Mama

A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf.

What exactly is wrong with hydrogenated oils? I've heard of Tofutti, but not Soy Delicious. . .I'll have to look for it. I haven't seen any Vegetarian restaurants here, but I'll try the health food stores. You're right, coming from Michigan that is amazing. . .is it a large group that you are in??

-

colinsapmama

Sunday, August 19, 2001 2:29 PM

In a message dated 8/19/2001 10:00:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, elizabeth1204 writes:

Oh no fair. . .I want some!!! One place near my home in northern CA is now experimenting with soy ice cream. . .I tried some and it was really good. . .do you happen to know where I might find something like that in southern CA?? Also, where do you find these vegan groups?? I found the vegan group that I am in because they had flyers all over. I love soy ice cream!! The one with the best flavor is Tofutti, but it is high in fat and contains hydrogenated oils, Soy Delicious is good and it is fairly low in fat. The book Vegan Vittles has a recipe for vegan ice cream, if you are interested I can try to post it. You might be able to find a vegan group in your area, check out the Health food stores and vegetarian restaurants, they may be able to point you in the direction. If you can't find one then start one, you may be surprised at how many other vegans are in your area, I was because I am in Michigan. Sara Colin's Ap Mama A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf. Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

Hydrogenated oil is a plant oil used in place of lard or butter that has been processed in a special way so that it becomes a solid rather than remaining liquid(Crisco or other vegetable shortening is an example of this). This process increases the saturated fat content in the oil considerably and so creates a product that is arguably worse for you than butter, but at least equally bad in terms of the artery clogging effects it has on your system.

-

Elizabeth W.

Sunday, August 19, 2001 7:19 PM

-

colinsapmama

Sunday, August 19, 2001 2:29 PM

Oh no fair. . .I want some!!! One place near my home in northern CA is now experimenting with soy ice cream. . .I tried some and it was really good. . .do you happen to know where I might find something like that in southern CA?? Also, where do you find these vegan groups?? I found the vegan group that I am in because they had flyers all over. I love soy ice cream!! The one with the best flavor is Tofutti, but it is high in fat and contains hydrogenated oils, Soy Delicious is good and it is fairly low in fat. The book Vegan Vittles has a recipe for vegan ice cream, if you are interested I can try to post it. You might be able to find a vegan group in your area, check out the Health food stores and vegetarian restaurants, they may be able to point you in the direction. If you can't find one then start one, you may be surprised at how many other vegans are in your area, I was because I am in Michigan. Sara Colin's Ap Mama A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf. Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/