IndiaDivine.org

Autumn

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Autumn,

I had to reply, because I love your name, it is the same as my 8 month old baby girls :)

No, I really want to offer my 2 cents as well. I have only been vegan since March and I must say that is gets easier! Just make notes of what brands are vegan, and which arent. I even have gone as far as to write out meal plans for me and the kids (dh not vegan) to give me ideas of what to cook and buy that is vegan. Pancakes are vegan if you make them with self rising flour, sugar, water and vanilla! Maple syrup~the real thing, is vegan! YUMM!

Make home made veggie pizza! Saute all veggies in garlic and olive oil, sea salt and pepper first until tender, add to the top of a pizza and WOW, I really never thought that I would like pizza as much with out the cheese, but this way, I really really do!

Dinner, well, I do a lot of pasta and veggies, I want to break out of that mold myself and could use some great ideas as well.

A nice lunch could be a roll with some of those sauteed veggies on it...served hot or cold!

Dont be afraid to grill stuff too, zucchini, portobellos, temphe!

I know it is hard when you are reading the list of ingredients and there are so many things that you cant have, but when you do come across something that is okay, make a note of it and you will find your list growing in no time!

For instance, a lot of Duncin Heinz is vegan! The chocolate cake is and I think that some of their frostings are as well. But be sure to still glance over the ingredient list as the formula may and likely will fluctuate from time to time!

It will be easier, I just know it will. It has gotten easier for me and I am still really new too! Remember, I starved for the first week or two! LOL!

Now I still need to loose those few pesky pounds!!

Good luck,

Jo-Ann