IndiaDivine.org

on the cheap

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For our family of 5 we spend $150.00. I have 2 little ones in diapers so that takes up around $20-$25 a week there. I dont buy a lot of pre packaged stuff, BUT dh doesnt take his lunch either (usually doesnt anyways), he buys out. I would love to see it lower, but I dont see how. this figure is also inclusive of cleaning products and stuff like that as well.

hth!!

Jo-Ann

Vegan-Talk!!

Vegan-Talk

I went shopping today. As I mentioned before, I shop only for me. I spent about $70. The only processed food I got was some soy milk(2.69) and fortified cereal(3.29). All the rest was spent on fresh veggies, fruit, etc. So, I think that anyone spending $150 or less for a whole family, especially a family of five is doing extremely well.

Alan

-

LamourDelaVie

Monday, September 03, 2001 8:37 PM

re: on the Cheap

For our family of 5 we spend $150.00. I have 2 little ones in diapers so that takes up around $20-$25 a week there. I dont buy a lot of pre packaged stuff, BUT dh doesnt take his lunch either (usually doesnt anyways), he buys out. I would love to see it lower, but I dont see how. this figure is also inclusive of cleaning products and stuff like that as well. hth!! Jo-Ann Vegan-Talk!! Vegan-Talk

In a message dated 9/3/2001 6:39:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LamourDelaVie writes:

For our family of 5 we spend $150.00. I have 2 little ones in diapers so that takes up around $20-$25 a week there. I dont buy a lot of pre packaged stuff, BUT dh doesnt take his lunch either (usually doesnt anyways), he buys out. I would love to see it lower, but I dont see how. this figure is also inclusive of cleaning products and stuff like that as well.

WOW!! That is great. We spend about $100 a week on groceries for our little family of three. We use cloth diapers and cloth wipes so all of that is food! We do use quite a few convenience products though.

Sara

Colin's Ap Mama

A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf.

Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

In a message dated 9/5/01 3:42:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

WOW!! That is great. We spend about $100 a week on groceries for our little family of three. We use cloth diapers and cloth wipes so all of that is food! We do use quite a few convenience products though.

Sara

Colin's Ap Mama

A baby will only spoil if you leave it on the shelf.

Come see us at http://members.tripod.com/colinsapmama/

That seems pretty good to me too. If I could do the cloth diaper thing it would be a great savings. maybe I should consider it. do you think it is too late to invest into it at this point? My DD is 8 months and the 2 1/2 year old son is just on the verge of training. Is the investment worth it for me, in your opinion?

For the love of life,

Jo-Ann

Vegan-Talk!!

Vegan-Talk

In a message dated 9/5/2001 11:26:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, LamourDelaVie writes:

That seems pretty good to me too. If I could do the cloth diaper thing it would be a great savings. maybe I should consider it. do you think it is too late to invest into it at this point? My DD is 8 months and the 2 1/2 year old son is just on the verge of training. Is the investment worth it for me, in your opinion?

It is definitely worth it, both monetarily and environmentally! I switched to cloth when my son was eight months old and I am so happy that I did! We did it mainly because of all of the articles I read about the junk that goes into the disposables, I read that it can cause fertility problems. If you want to know more, then you can email me off list, I can give you tips on how to do it cheaply.

Sara Colin's AP Mama

"Mother's milk and mother's arms have always been available, patiently waiting for the passing of man's foolhardy arrogance, which tried to convince us that his inventions were superior to nature."

From "The Family Bed"