IndiaDivine.org

Rolled Tofu Lasagna

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ROLLED TOFU LASAGNATofu 'Ricotta' Filling:1 lb. firm tofu, drained, squeezed and crumbled1/3 cup olive oil1 tsp. salt1 tsp. garlic powder1 tsp. onion powder1 tsp. dry basil1 tsp. dry oreganoMix tofu and all other ingredients in bowl; toss well. Adjust seasonings totaste. Makes about 3 cups filling.NOTE: Olive oil is necessary for the proper "mouth feel". The amount ofoil can be reduced or you may substitute another oil, however, olive oil inthe amount given gives the best flavor and texture.Lasagna:8 lasagna noodles (about 2 inches wide and 12 - 14 inches long)1 recipe Tofu "Ricotta" Filling1 cup shredded soy mozzarella cheese4 cups marinara saucePreheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring large pot of water to a boil; addnoodles. Boil according to package directions until just softened but stillfirm. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Lay noodlesout on clean dish towels.Divide tofu mixture among noodles and spread evenly over noodles. Sprinkleeach noodle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Roll each noodle in "jellyroll"fashion, being careful to keep filling in place. Pour 2 cups marinara saucein bottom of 9x13 inch baking pan. Arrange pinwheels in pan. Pourremaining sauce over pinwheels. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Remove cover;sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 10minutes. Makes 8 servings of 1 roll each.NOTE: Use tofu "ricotta" filling to stuff pasta shells, manicotti,rigatoni, or cannelloni. Mix in some chopped spinach and grated freshparmesan cheese for a different flavor.***The best manicotti shells: Make "crepes". . .and roll the filling inthem. Add marinara sauce and bake. Really tender and yummy.http://www.Christian-Vegan-Cooking

, " Good Friend " <bmlehman@m...> wrote:

> ROLLED TOFU LASAGNA

I haven't found a good soy cheese that melts yet. I'm to the point

where I leave them out of a recipe and adapt. In this recipe I would

substitute with more tofu and a bit more flavorings (maybe some

Bill's Best Chick'nish and more onion/garlic powders.).

LaDonna

Do you know where to get something called " brewer's yeast " , should be found in

the health stores or in wellsorted grocery stores. Try many brands, I have

noticed that the different in quality is big. Brewer's yeast usually taste bad,

really bad, but i think its really nice having it as a cheese substitute when

gratinating. Its very healty to! but it dont have to be " real " brewing yeast,

fakes can be just as good or better. Read the back to see which is most

nutritious.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2001 20:39:37 -0000

bmlehman wrote:

, " Good Friend " <bmlehman@m...> wrote:

> ROLLED TOFU LASAGNA

I haven't found a good soy cheese that melts yet. I'm to the point

where I leave them out of a recipe and adapt. In this recipe I would

substitute with more tofu and a bit more flavorings (maybe some

Bill's Best Chick'nish and more onion/garlic powders.).

LaDonna