IndiaDivine.org

Key Lime Pie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If anyone has a recipe for a killer vegan key lime pie please let me know. Thanks and best to all, JP

:) I don't know if this recipe will qualify as "killer vegan key lime pie", JP, but it is very delicious! I make it both as a pie or as a parfait. This recipe comes from a lovely, new cookbook by Barbara Kerr called "Taste of Health". It is a vegetarian (100%. . .therefore vegan), gourmet cookbook available at Barnes and Noble or her website (www.tasteofhealth.net). The recipes have been developed by Barbara and are tasty, well planned, and attractive. I had the opportunity to attend a cooking class presented by the author this past summer. This was one of the recipes she demonstrated:

KEY LIME COCONUT PARFAIT (or Pie)

1 cup lime juice

2 teaspoons coconut extract

2 boxes (12.3 ounces each) Mori Nu Lite firm, silken tofu

2 packages (3.85 ounces each) Mori Nu Mates, vanilla low-fat pudding mix

1/2 teaspoon lime zest (optional)

Shredded, unsweetened, toasted coconut

Lime slices

Blend lime juice, coconut extract and tofu until smooth and creamy. Add pudding mix and, if desired, lime zest. Continue blending until smooth. Be patient. You will need to stop your blender several times to stir down the mixture. The sugars will dissolve and it will become completely smooth. Pour into a pie shell or into elegant wine or parfait glasses to serve. Garnish the top of each glass with coconut and a slice of lime.

Serves: 6

Calories per serving: 97 (excluding crust)

:) LaDonna

~Pray for Peace~

http://www.Christian-Vegan-Cooking