IndiaDivine.org

RAW: RICE CRACKERS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

RICE CRACKERS   Posted on EatingFromGodsGarden

1 cup brown rice, soaked and sprouted  1 cup walnuts, soaked overnight  1 tbsp. slippery elm powder filtered water for soaking rice and walnuts

Believe it or not, brown rice, if it's not too old, does sprout. I have taken pictures of it because no one wants to believe me. I learned the secret one hot, humid, summer day in New York when some previously soaked rice, much to my surprise, sprouted. I surmised from this that rice, in order to sprout, needs to have some warmth. 

1) Soak one cup of brown rice for 24-36 hours, changing the soak water 2-3 times. Then rinse and let sprout for 2-3 days, rinsing 2 times per day. Sink water is OK for the rinsing. 

2) When the rice is ready, put the rice and the drained, rinsed walnuts into a bowl and mix them. Then put the mixture through the Champion (or Green Power) juicer, with the blank in place. The reason you mix the rice and walnuts together in the bowl first is because, as you put the mixture through the machine, the walnuts, which have more moisture, will help to grind the rice, which has less moisture. This way, you don't have to add any additional water. 

3) Once the mixture comes out of the Champion (or Green Power), add in the slippery elm powder and mix well. With your hands, form into round, flat cookie shapes, and dehydrate at 95¡ F for approximately 20 hours. 

Makes approximately 12 crackers. When thoroughly dry, this stores very well at room temperature in a cotton or muslin bag. It lasts a long time.

Nutrition From a Biblical Perspective~Ladies Only

EatingFromGodsGarden

God makes the sun shine every day ~ even though it is sometimes hidden behind the clouds. Corrie ten Boom