IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 476

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Glad to hear there is an animal rights list (BAARN) for those who are interested. I'm a vegetarian for different reasons, and I joined this list because I want to learn more about food/restaurants/health and maybe talk with or get together with other vegetarians for social stuff like the vegy singles thing listed here. Is there a separate list for people like me?

I'm not sure what the focus of this list is. Is the potluck listed in this digest vegetarian? What about this Elks Lodge thing? It doesn't look vegy to me. Why is it posted here? wrote:

Message: 6Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:51:28 -0800 (PST)Cocteau Zikova CNetwork 2004 Spring Festival GalaCNetwork 2004 Spring Festival GalaÍåÇø»ªÈ˹²¶Èдº¼Ñ½ÚTIME:Jan 18th, SundayOff stage program: 3:30pm -6:00 pmOn stage program: 6:30pm- 9:30 pmDance: 9:30-MidnightWHERE:Palo Alto Elks Lodge, 4249 El Camino Real, Palo Alto,CA 94306PRICE (Dinner Included):With reservation$20 for regular admission$15 for senior (above 65)/Child(under 12) At the door$25 for regular admission$20 for Senior/ChildFree for kids under 3Tickets are going fast, Reserve Tickets now Media Sponsor: KTSF 26Welcoming a new spring,

celebrating the year ofMonkey, on behalf of CNetwork, we are here to wish youa very happy new year.This year, CNetwork continuing on its tradition forthe Bay Area Chinese community, having gathered fromthe previous years¡¯ experiences, would like tocelebrate the new year with YOU by bringing anexciting program on this special and joyful occasion.CNetworkдºÂ“šgÍí•þÍí•þÌØÑûKTSF26̨ЄÖ÷²¥Ö÷³Ö£¬³ýÁ˃ºÍ¯¹Ä¿£¬‘ò„¡Æ¬”࣬ës¼¼Ä§Ðg£¬ÖÐÎ÷Î赸£¬Íí²ÍºóÓÖÎè»áºÍ×îкØËêƬµÈ¡£ŒÃ•r߀ÓйúÄÚ”zÓ°Õ¹Ó[£¬ÀÏÄê×ÉÔƒ£¬ÒâÏë²»µ½µÄª„Æ·£¬ØSÊ¢µÄÍí²Í£¬×ŒÄúµÄÈ«¼ÒÔÚšg•ЦÕZÖÐÓ­½ÓÐÂÄêµÄµ½í¡£Proud to announce our MCsMs. Pei-Chun Liao ÁÎÅà¾ý - KTSF 26 News Anchor! Mr. Guangyu Xu - Most popular MC in Bayarea! Our off-stage activities start from 3:30pm. You don¡¯twant to miss it! We will provide fun games for kids, and everyone whocomes early gets a free twisted color balloon by ClownBobby!Games

and lantern riddles are also waiting for you towin the prizes and challenge.Want to take a good quality family picture to keephappy memories? Experts will be onsite to providephotography services. More activities: Beautiful China photography show;Brush painting and calligraphy; senior consultingservice¡­more info...Message: 8Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:56:02 -0000"phibec95117" Attention Vegy Singles: "1st SBVS Singles Mid-Month DMD Night" on Friday!By popular request, SBVS is proud to announce the..."1st SBVS Singles Mid-Month DMD (Dinner, Music & Dancing) Night,"this Friday, January 16th,2004, from 7:00 PM -????All vegy singles are cordially invited to join us for dinner, musicand dancing in Campbell, CA. Dinner will be at 7:00 PM at the ShebeleEthiopian Restaurant, 422 East Campbell Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008.Although Shebele is not a

vegetarian restaurant, it does offer severalvegetarian/vegan dishes that range in price from $7.25-$9.95. Forfurther information about Shebele, call (408)378-3131.After dinner, we will stroll over to The Kings Head Pub, located at201 Orchard City Drive, Campbell, CA 95008, to hear the diverse musicof "TYT" (Today, Yesterday & Tomorrow) and kick-up our feet a bit. The band is scheduled to start at 9:30 PM--so we'll try to get thereno later than 9:00 PM to get good seats. There is no cover charge forthe evening's entertainment, and both alcoholic and non-alcoholicbeverages will be available (as well as limited vegy food). Forfurther information about The Kings Head, call (408)871-2499.If interested in attending the "1st SBVS Singles Mid-Month DMD Night,"please RSVP NO LATER than FRIDAY, JANUARY 16th, by 4:00 PM, by calling(408)410-2186 and leaving your name and number in your party so thatdinner reservations can be

held for you/your party.See you this Friday for the "1st SBVS Singles Mid-Month DMD Night"!Phil B.__________------

Hi, Veg Grrrl! Thanks for your message.

There are many different reasons to be vegetarian and many different

types of vegetarians on this list. There are some who are into animal rights

and others who are vegetarian for social or health reasons. This list is a list

for all of us, and I hope that you will find it useful, informative, and fun!

If there are events you would like to see the group do, please send send out a

message.

The potluck tomorrow night is indeed vegetarian, and I hope you will

join myself, Lizzy, and the rest of the gang there. The Elks Lodge event is not

exclusively vegetarian, but there will be a vegetarian option there. The person

who posted it is a member of the list, and list members are encouraged to post

their events, but should specify whether or not they are vegetarian.

Take care,

Shoshana (A list moderator)

>Glad to hear there is an animal rights list (BAARN) for those who are

interested. I'm a vegetarian for different reasons, and I joined this list

because I want to learn more about food/restaurants/health and maybe talk with

or get together with other vegetarians for social stuff like the vegy singles

thing listed here. Is there a separate list for people like me?

>I'm not sure what the focus of this list is. Is the potluck listed in this

digest vegetarian? What about this Elks Lodge thing? It doesn't look vegy to

me. Why is it posted here?

* Shoshana Bella Billik * shoshana *

* http://www.billik.com/shoshana/ * sbillik *