IndiaDivine.org

Radio Program

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am currently listening to the radio show from San Diego re: ethical food production. They have a gentleman on representing veganism who I think is setting back our cause years by words. He is an hysteric conversational bully. The man isn't having discussion but is screaming his opposition to animals as food. Good grief. I hope my family and friends aren't hearing this. He sounds exactly like what they suspect I must be.

In case you didn't hear the show, apparently you can hear his radio shows at www.goveganradio.com. Many thanks to the one who tipped us off to this radio show. Maybe this station will have another show like this, but invite guests who can discuss and inform. Or maybe not; the "CNN'ng of news" whereby we have scream fests and extremist, outrageous argument is probably more profitable.

Eric

Guest guest

Hi Eric, I'm the one who posted about the show. I didn't realize they were having Bob Linden as a guest, I had heard it was going to be someone else. I'm about to write to them to thank them for having the show, and to give them the names of several people in town who could speak in a less emotional and off-putting manner in the future. One of them is Jane Cartmill, who works with San Diego Animal Advocates; I've heard her on the radio before and she can politely, calmly, and convincingly deal with even confrontational callers.

I'm also going to mention to KPBS that there are also "emotional and off-putting" omnivores, such as that man who called in and proudly and unfeelingly kept saying how he wouldn't even care if there was a picture of the animal on the package of meat, he would never feel any qualms about eating it. I thought he sort of had the same manner of presentation as did Bob, just on the other side of the fence. Mostly I'm hoping that KPBS did NOT know what kind of guest they were having represent vegans! Don't get me wrong, I know Bob, and he's a really fun, nice, and well-meaning guy, but he's used to talking on his own radio show to his "own audience", and perhaps he isn't used to talking to omnivores - he was really talking *at* them today, rather than *with* them, don't you think?

By the way, in case you missed it, at the same time (same bat channel, etc!) on Friday they are going to have a program on fast food, animals, and health. Maybe this time they'll call Jane Cartmill!

Carol

Guest guest

Personally, I did not listen to the show, but I can never understand

how a person can say something so undelievably awful about another

sentient being. To me at this point in my life it feels like my

family is being threatened, thats why I've always chosen to take

action over sitting home and not doing anything.

Alexandra Jadovski,

Co-Founder, Executive Producer

Children of the Millennium,

www.childrenofthemillennium.org

, calicokten@a... wrote:

> I'm also going to mention to KPBS that there are also " emotional

and

> off-putting " omnivores, such as that man who called in and proudly

and

> unfeelingly kept saying how he wouldn't even care if there was a

picture of

> the animal on the package of meat, he would never feel any qualms

about

> eating it. I thought he sort of had the same manner of

presentation as did

> Bob, just on the other side of the fence.

Guest guest

Thanks for the note. You hit it right on the head! On all accounts.

Thanks for the tip on Friday's show. I just put it on my calendar.

The best!

Eric

-

calicokten

Wednesday, July 10, 2002 8:44 PM

Re: Radio Program

Hi Eric, I'm the one who posted about the show. I didn't realize they were having Bob Linden as a guest, I had heard it was going to be someone else. I'm about to write to them to thank them for having the show, and to give them the names of several people in town who could speak in a less emotional and off-putting manner in the future. One of them is Jane Cartmill, who works with San Diego Animal Advocates; I've heard her on the radio before and she can politely, calmly, and convincingly deal with even confrontational callers. I'm also going to mention to KPBS that there are also "emotional and off-putting" omnivores, such as that man who called in and proudly and unfeelingly kept saying how he wouldn't even care if there was a picture of the animal on the package of meat, he would never feel any qualms about eating it. I thought he sort of had the same manner of presentation as did Bob, just on the other side of the fence. Mostly I'm hoping that KPBS did NOT know what kind of guest they were having represent vegans! Don't get me wrong, I know Bob, and he's a really fun, nice, and well-meaning guy, but he's used to talking on his own radio show to his "own audience", and perhaps he isn't used to talking to omnivores - he was really talking *at* them today, rather than *with* them, don't you think? By the way, in case you missed it, at the same time (same bat channel, etc!) on Friday they are going to have a program on fast food, animals, and health. Maybe this time they'll call Jane Cartmill! Carol