IndiaDivine.org

dessert?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I'm having my dad and his wife over for dinner tomorrow night... both are extremely new to the word "vegan" and have never been too excited to try the wonderful vegan foods I've made or brought over for them.

I think them coming over for dinner is a pretty big step, so I want to impress them with a great vegan menu. I've think i've got most of it down.... thanks to the wonderful recipes gathered on this site, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a truly incredible, presentable dessert.

thanks everyone, kellyPost your free ad now! Canada Personals

Guest guest

>>> I've think i've got most of it down.... thanks to the wonderful recipes gathered on this site, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a truly incredible, presentable dessert.thanks everyone, kelly

This time of year Strawberry Shortcake sounds totally awesome! Use your favorite vegan drop biscuit recipe, adding some whole wheat flour for added nuttyness. . .you could add a tad bit more sweetener too. Bake until just done and set aside (can be done the day ahead). Then wash your strawberries and divide into two sets --- leaving one set whole and mashing the other. Then gently stir the strawberries together and add sweetener. Serve over the top of the biscuits and top with soy cream (SILK or homemade. . .). YUM!

Guest guest

i have a recipe for vegan chocolate cake -- everyone swears it's the best cake they've ever eaten ... it is fine as-is or can be topped with mango slices, strawberries, raspberries - whatever you think goes with chocolate ... for a 'mexican twist' dust with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar (either raw cane or icing sugar or whatever you like)

Six Minute Chocolate Cake

for a 9 inch round or 8 inch square pan

preheat oven to 375 F

1 1/2 c. unbleached flour

1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (i use dutch cocoa it's very dark)

1 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

1 c. sugar

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1 c. cold water or brewed coffee

2 t. pure vanilla extract

2 T. vinegar

Sift together dry ingredients (including sugar) into ungreased pan - in a 2 cup measuring cup, measure and mix oil, water or coffee and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into the baking pan and mix batter with a fork or small whisk. When the batter is smooth, add the vinegar and stir quickly. There will be pale swirls in the batter where the baking soda and vinegar are reacting. Stir just until the vinegar is evenly distributed throughout the batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

-

kelly twomey

May 23, 2003 12:10 PM

dessert?

Hi everyone,

I'm having my dad and his wife over for dinner tomorrow night... both are extremely new to the word "vegan" and have never been too excited to try the wonderful vegan foods I've made or brought over for them.

I think them coming over for dinner is a pretty big step, so I want to impress them with a great vegan menu. I've think i've got most of it down.... thanks to the wonderful recipes gathered on this site, but i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a truly incredible, presentable dessert.

thanks everyone, kelly

Post your free ad now! Canada Personals