IndiaDivine.org

Dragonfly's Secret Grilled Tofu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

1 lb (ours come 19 oz) of extra firm, regular tofu

3 T tamari or shoyu

1 T rice vinegar

2 T rice syrup or maple syrup (maple is divine)

2 t freshly grated ginger

3 t freshly chopped garlic

Mix the marinade. This way I am going to explain to slice the tofu is important for the grilling part. Lay the tofu on one of the big sides. Cut from one corner to the other, making a triangle. Put the tofu pieces down on the sides you just cut so the points of the triangles are up. Cutting through that point, slice each piece in four, forming eight triangles. Dip one side of each triangle in the marinade and place on the other side in the marinade, so both sides are coated. The longer you soak it, the better it gets. I think 24 hrs is about right, but turn it several times. Grill on that BBQ out back like I do, with cobs of corn and foiled wrapped potatoes for a vegan style supper. The triangle shape is important because it is easier to get it off and on the grill that way. Rectangles fall through, these don't.

This has received raves by non-vegans and ohhhs and ahhhs by vegans who miss rich smoky flavors.

__ IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here