IndiaDivine.org

RECIPE: Easy Crockpot Chili

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I made this at 3:30 in the morning (i steamed the rice for the chili at 330 anyway) when i couldn't sleep. :) It's nice having lunch ready at 10:30 and supper for the rest of the day when I have to go to work. I printed it up from a google search i did for "vegan crockpot chili". can't remember the website i pulled it from though. i forgot to bookmark it. You can also cook this on high, but add a 1/2 c. of water or so to keep everything from drying & burning. And I'm betting this will also freeze well, at least i'm going to put it in some el cheapo microwave containers & stick them in the deep freeze. I also used my own custom chili spice mixture to season it rather than using the seasonings mentioned in this recipe, so feel free to play with the seasonings.Megan

============================================================================Vegetarian Crock Pot Chili

1 onion 2 small zucchini 1 small garlic clove 8 oz. mushrooms 1 can olives (any size, sliced in half) 1 large can crushed tomatoes 1 can each, red kidneys, garbanzo beans, white kidneys, black beans (If you use dried beans, you must soak and cook them first). 2 1/2 prepared brown rice (rice soaks up the extra moisture that comes from crock pot cooking and makes a complete protein with the beans) 1/8 tsp. powdered red pepper 1 tsp. cumin 2 tsp. oregano (or substitute your favorite chili seasonings) Chop vegetables and lay on bottom of crock pot. Add tomatoes, seasonings, beans, and rice. Do not mix together. Turn crock pot to low and let cook 6-8 hours (I just let mine cook away until I get home from work and I've never had any problem with it cooking longer than the average time for comparable recipes in crock pot books). When you get home, stir mixture and return lid while you set table.

This sounds really good, Megan. I just love my crockpot.

I always cook the chili and the rice separately, but we serve

the chili over a hot scoop of rice in a bowl.

Can you share with us your own chili seasoning blend?

I like to try different spice mixes. TIA! :)

~ PT ~

I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.

~ " Forrest Gump "

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~>

, " Megan Milligan "

<yasminduran@c...>

wrote:

I also used my own custom chili spice mixture to season it rather

than using the

seasonings mentioned in this recipe, so feel free to play with the

seasonings.

>

> Megan