IndiaDivine.org

DISCLAIMER: Muffins That Taste Like Donuts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MY BAD! i didn't realize until after it posted that this recipe calls for egg & milk. Substitute with appropriate amount of egg substitute & non-dairy Milk. oops!

Megan

-

There's a similar recipe in "Vegan Vittles" by Joanne STepaniak, but I don't ahve time to pull it up so I did a google search for a similar recipe that comes from a different source.

Megan

MUFFINS THAT TASTE LIKE DONUTS (JVN) ++Recipe By : Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00Categories : Muffins Quick Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method-------- ------------ -------------------------------- 1 3/4 c Flour 1 1/2 ts Baking powder 1/2 ts Salt 1/2 ts Nutmeg 1/4 ts Cinnamon 1/3 c Oil 3/4 c Sugar 1 Egg 3/4 c Milk Jam (opt) -----TOPPING----- 1/2 c Melted butter 3/4 c Sugar 1 t Cinnamon Comment: Better to make as 12 smaller muffins - giant ones cannot be effectively coated. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In another bowl combine thoroughly oil, sugar, egg and milk Add liquid ingredients to dry and stir only to combine. Bake 350 for 20-25 min. Shake muffins out immediately and while hot, dip in melted butter, then sugar and cinnamon. For a delicious variation, fill tins 1/2 full of batter, put 1 t jam on top, and top with the rest of the batter. :source: Muffin Mania by C. Prange and J. Pauli :exported: June 1996