IndiaDivine.org

Honey and Recipes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

<<<But, the dilemma is: When I post a recipe, do I change the recipe as written to whatever I "think" would be a good substitute? Or do I post the recipe as written? I usually will post it as written. . .and then add (or alternative vegan sweetener of

choice).>>>>

I vote for posting as is. I think most of us are quite used to making conversions and substitutions. Perhaps suggestions for substituting vegan ingredients would be nice. Jan

Protect your identity with Mail AddressGuard

In a message dated 11/18/03 2:26:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, flufff_00 writes:

I vote for posting as is. I think most of us are quite used to making conversions and substitutions. Perhaps suggestions for substituting vegan ingredients would be nice. Jan

I agree. I go through cookbooks all the time and just tweak recipes to eliminate certain ingredients I don't eat and substitute ones that I do. I would prefer to make those changes myself and vote to print a recipe as is.

Gloria

If it is not to much trouble, please make the recipes completely vegan. One reason is that I print off the recipes straight from the email. And I thought I would be getting vegan recipes when I sighed up. I am trying to have a recipe collection again. I gave all my old cook books to the good will, because I really can't even stand to think about animal products anymore. Also I am not very good with computers, so I don't know how to change them in the email myself.

I think that that is a fair way to do it...just with a note about the

honey/milk/eggs whatever and maybe suggestions as to what you use for

those just becoming vegan who have no clue as to substitutions!! :)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Tea Cozy wrote:

> The " honey " question continues to come up, time after time. Believe it or

not, I have many cookbooks that call themselves " vegan " but do use honey. The

recipes are great. ..and I substitute whatever my sweetener of choice is at the

time. But, the dilemma is: When I post a recipe, do I change the recipe as

written to whatever I " think " would be a good substitute? Or do I post the

recipe as written? I usually will post it as written. . .and then add (or

alternative vegan sweetener of choice). . .but I surely don't want to offend

others by doing this. What is the best course of action?

>

> ~ LaDonna

>

>

>

Shawna Marie Schwalenberg

youmight get a few vegetarian recipes...... here's the group's description in case you wondered why....If i submit any recipes though, I will certainly only submit vegan ones. !!

what kind are you interested in? any kinds? ;-p

-angela

Description

Category: Fitness and Nutrition

A place to exchange vegan and vegetarian recipes and links. This is not a list on which to discuss animal abuse. This list is for those who have eliminated animal products from their diet and daily lives. Only positive things will be discussed here. This list is safe for kids. No profanity or unsuitable material allowed. hutson90c wrote:

If it is not to much trouble, please make the recipes completely vegan. One reason is that I print off the recipes straight from the email. And I thought I would be getting vegan recipes when I sighed up. I am trying to have a recipe collection again. I gave all my old cook books to the good will, because I really can't even stand to think about animal products anymore.

Protect your identity with Mail AddressGuard