IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 821

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey guys

I'd been craving hot jam donuts for a long time so I made my owns using the recipe from vegan vittles.

I have a muffin maker, it cooks 3 muffins at a time and I find the muffins come out a lot softer than when I bake them in the oven, no idea why?! anyway. When i make the muffins, I spray the base of my muffin maker with a little oil and pour in some of the cinnamon sugar mix then I put in a little bit of muffin batter, maybe a tablespoon of warmed up raspberry jam and carefully top with more muffin batter ensuring it encloses the jam properly, then sprinkle with more sugar mixture. I cook them for about 8 minutes I think from memory, I just keep checking them visually and with a skewer. To be like a real hot jam donut its gotta have lots of cinnamon and sugar, so once they come out of the muffin maker I put them on a rack, spray them with a little olive oil and sprinkle on more cinnamon/sugar mixture. I guess they would work in the oven, most of you probably dont own a muffin maker. I was also wondering if these would work deep fried, and be more like

the real thing, but I dont own a deep fryer and they would be so fatty!!!! :) The way I make them is good enough to satisfy my cravings anyway.

Tracey

There's a similar recipe in "Vegan Vittles" by Joanne STepaniak, but I don't ahve time to pull it up so I did a google search for a similar recipe that comes from a different source.MeganMUFFINS THAT TASTE LIKE DONUTS (JVN) ++

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now