IndiaDivine.org

DH ; link to internet shorthand primer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Wow Rowena, I've been involved in for several years. I am an atheist ,feminist ,vegan ,liberal womyn who has shared my life with my DH for 20 years .I've never been on a 'house -wifey ' list either. Please don't lump everyone who uses an ultra- common internet shorthand phrase as a religious conservative ,anti feminist ! I have also seen DH commonly used ( and in fact used it myself ) to stand for DUMB husband and DICKHEAD :) you just have to read the message to discern the writers intention .

A.Kirk ,Here is a link that might be useful

http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm

hth's

teresa

>Something else totally apart from this is a term I've seen used in mailing lists. When women refer to their husbands as DH. Is that Dear Husband or something else?Yes, it's Dear Husband. It's more frequently (tho not exclusively) used on housewife-y lists by "SAHMs" who are fundamentalist Xtians, supported by their husbands, their lords & masters, according to the sexist drivel they to. Makes me want to projectile vomit!! Which is not to say that anyone's husband mightn't be a dear ;-).Rowena