IndiaDivine.org

vegan, low-carb

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am looking for low carb vean recipies. Is this going to be hard? I

had gastric bypass surgery and stay low carb, but I have given up meat

and animal byproducts dure to moral and health reasons( very reasently)

Janie

Most plant foods have some carbohydrates. Many

soyfoods are low-carb, although not no-carb that I'm

aware of. Soy flour is low in carbohydrates. I saw

some veggie burgers advertised as low-carb by

Morningstar Farms, but I don't think they are vegan.

I saw unsweetened Silk brand soy milk at the grocery

store, this might work for you. Other people on the

list might be able to help you out more.

Question: why low carb? I'm a bit (well, a LOT)

" anti " low carb mostly because of the emphasis on

animal products, but also because of the health

issues. But a low carb vegan diet sounds interesting,

and is certainly healthier than the disgusting " meat,

cheese, pigskins, Atkins candy bars " diet that most

people follow.

Congratulations and give yourself a big pat on the

back for making the switch to a cruelty-free diet and

let us know how it goes as a low-carb vegan!

Mary

--- Janie <pappamcelroy wrote:

> I am looking for low carb vean recipies. Is this

> going to be hard? I

> had gastric bypass surgery and stay low carb, but I

> have given up meat

> and animal byproducts dure to moral and health

> reasons( very reasently)

> Janie

>

>

>

SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!

http://webhosting./ps/sb/

I can't cite the page now, but I once found a low-carb diet on the net somewhere. Try using Google and entering something like "vegan low carb", etc. They talked about what foods to have and I think gave a week of menus. Sorry to be so vague.

-

Mary Boehler

Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:18 PM

Re: vegan, low-carb

Most plant foods have some carbohydrates. Manysoyfoods are low-carb, although not no-carb that I'maware of. Soy flour is low in carbohydrates. I sawsome veggie burgers advertised as low-carb byMorningstar Farms, but I don't think they are vegan. I saw unsweetened Silk brand soy milk at the grocerystore, this might work for you. Other people on thelist might be able to help you out more. Question: why low carb? I'm a bit (well, a LOT)"anti" low carb mostly because of the emphasis onanimal products, but also because of the healthissues. But a low carb vegan diet sounds interesting,and is certainly healthier than the disgusting "meat,cheese, pigskins, Atkins candy bars" diet that mostpeople follow. Congratulations and give yourself a big pat on theback for making the switch to a cruelty-free diet andlet us know how it goes as a low-carb vegan! Mary--- Janie <pappamcelroy wrote:> I am looking for low carb vean recipies. Is this> going to be hard? I> had gastric bypass surgery and stay low carb, but I> have given up meat> and animal byproducts dure to moral and health> reasons( very reasently) > Janie> > > SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!http://webhosting./ps/sb/

The South Beach Diet starts out low carb (the first two weeks) and is vegan friendly. Then it gradually adds good carbs (whole grains that sort of thing). That's the only thing even close to low carb and vegan friendly that I can think of. There are a couple of groups on that are based around the vegetarian version of the South beach Diet, you may want to check them out.

cherrie

-

Mary Boehler

Sunday, February 01, 2004 9:18 PM

Re: vegan, low-carb

Most plant foods have some carbohydrates. Manysoyfoods are low-carb, although not no-carb that I'maware of. Soy flour is low in carbohydrates. I sawsome veggie burgers advertised as low-carb byMorningstar Farms, but I don't think they are vegan. I saw unsweetened Silk brand soy milk at the grocerystore, this might work for you. Other people on thelist might be able to help you out more. Question: why low carb? I'm a bit (well, a LOT)"anti" low carb mostly because of the emphasis onanimal products, but also because of the healthissues. But a low carb vegan diet sounds interesting,and is certainly healthier than the disgusting "meat,cheese, pigskins, Atkins candy bars" diet that mostpeople follow. Congratulations and give yourself a big pat on theback for making the switch to a cruelty-free diet andlet us know how it goes as a low-carb vegan! Mary--- Janie <pappamcelroy wrote:> I am looking for low carb vean recipies. Is this> going to be hard? I> had gastric bypass surgery and stay low carb, but I> have given up meat> and animal byproducts dure to moral and health> reasons( very reasently) > Janie> > > SiteBuilder - Free web site building tool. Try it!http://webhosting./ps/sb/