IndiaDivine.org

Vitamins and Minerals in a Vegan Diet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This refers back to my initial post "the beat goes on", which title referred to this old argument whether we vegans do get enough of the essential vitamins and minerals. The link herein seems to be knowledgeable and nicely explains things, although I suppose it is just another opinion, but isn't everything. After reading much of it, I am more comfortable that I needn't worry about missing out on things to keep me healthy. I have always taken a one-a-day multivitamin and a couple of months ago started flax seed oil (I forget the exact dosage and don't have it here with me, but is as I have seen recommended in several places). Besides all that, I am anxious to get back to this site for the rest of what it may offer.

Thanks for everyone's input.

http://www.vegansociety.com/html/food/nutrition/iron.php

Guest guest

The idea that a totally plant based diet is not good enough is bogus. This highly meat based diet of modern America is relatively new.

The only nutrient that you don't get readily from plants is B12 and hence, probably ought to supplement that one thing. Otherwise, a vast and varied diet amongst all the plants...be they beans, whole grains, fruits or veggies...will do the trick and nicely. Nope, we don't need meat analogs either!!!!

I'll visit that site myself.