IndiaDivine.org

Confession...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Eric

Well done for your honesty and for getting back on track with your veganism after your slip, I related very much to what you put in your post about the falling and getting back up routine. I gave up smoking in March and after months of feeling great about being a non-smoker I started up again at the start of this month and am now I realise I'm going to have to really try so hard to get a grip over it and become smoke-free again (why do we do these things to ourselves! lol! )

Good luck with everything, Eric, and thanks once more for your honesty!

This is just a personal feeling, so please no one feel my standard should be yours. My standard probably shouldn't be mine.

I ate animal for the first time in over three years this week. I don't know why, but all of the animal food I've craved since stopping everything has been chicken wings/buffalo wings. I finally gave into the craving or gave over to myself. It's a strange feeling. I don't feel like I have to ask forgiveness, although I do. I don't feel I have to explain it to family, but I do. I don't feel I need to re-commit myself to vegan, but I have. I am an ex-smoker and paused and re-started so many times, I know the routine of falling and getting back up and this is like that, except the reality is it does involve another living thing, which is part of my reason for being vegan. I guess if there is some light in it, I didn't kill, but only crippled the chickens.

Oddly enough, the new people are who made me write this. I kind of thought if people can go one day eating animal to not the next, I can draw strength from three years. Besides, what was my goal before -- forever? That's a hell of a target. Three more years seems manageable.

Welcome to the new people and thanks to everyone for the recipe ideas. I especially appreciate the quickies. It is just me and lots of fun of cooking is gone when you don't share the meal, so flavor without fuss is much appreciated.

Eric in Central OH

Karlthomas6 wrote:

> I gave up smoking in March and after months of feeling great about

> being a non-smoker I started up again at the start of this month and

> am now I realise I'm going to have to really try so hard to get a grip

> over it and become smoke-free again (why do we do these things to

> ourselves! lol! )

> Good luck with everything, Eric, and thanks once more for your honesty!

hey there,

i'm in the same boat. i had quit for years then started back up about

a year ago. today it's been 5 days without a smoke and starting to feel

like a person again. the whole time i was smoking again i was constantly

asking my self why i was doing it swearing not to any more then 5 mins

later going out for another pack. just go for it and give it up. there

is no easy time to do so you need to just go for it. thats what i had to

do.

peace

jeff