IndiaDivine.org

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My kids are always wanting donuts like they see their friends eating. I found a recipe and modified it to suit our tastes. I made these this morning and my kids (and me) absolutely loved them so I thought I'd share the recipe with you folks.

God's Peace,

Gayle

DONUT HOLES

Ingredients:

2 cups sifted flour

1/2 cup sugar

3 tsps baking powder

1 tsp nutmeg

3 tbls flax seed - ground (optional)

Egg Replacer = to 1 egg

3/4 cup soy milk

3 tbls oil

powdered sugar mixed with cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

Sift together dry ingredients. Add egg replacer, oil, and soy milk. Stir with fork until smooth. Heat 1 inch deep oil to 365 degrees. Make sure not to overheat the oil as this will cause the inside of the donut hole to be raw while the outside is nice and brown. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into hot oil. Turn after a few seconds until browned on both sides, turning once more. Drain on paper towel.

You can either eat them plain or coat them with powdered sugar and cinnamon mixture. They're really good like that.

NOTE: If the batter is too thick, gradually add a bit more liquid until it becomes workable.

For the powdered sugar, I use turbinado sugar ground in my grinder and then mix it with the cinnamon.