IndiaDivine.org

Thanks & menus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks for all the welcome messages. LOL Not sure how my

introduction got tangled with the Oreos, but fun to read.

I think at this point, my search is to be able to create interesting

and balanced meals. Coming from a non vegetarian/vegan background, I am use to

the

SAD (think protein, starch, veggie) meal. How do you bring together the

different parts

of your all vegan meal? Do you have different courses?

Earnie

Guest guest

If you forget the claims and the hype he has gone to to sell, sell, sell, I think Dr. John McDougall has really great recipes. They are made with readily available ingredients and are very easy and I think very good. He and his wife have out many books you might find at the library or try a Google search on line. I have some files I could send off list if you like.

Eric

Guest guest

I make a lot of salads and try to have bread as a side... usually whole wheat...but not always. Sometimes I don't even bother with a salad at all because the meals I make have so many veggies in them and are so filling. But definately if I'm making a soup or a casserole I try to have a salad on hand. I think the best way to go about making vegan and vegetarian meals is to forget the normal meat based meals that people have. Sometimes you can substitute...but sometimes it's just better to forget all about the meat based meals you are used to. I don't know if I'm rambling too much and not making any sense....but one of my favorite cookbooks that I make quite a few recipes from is "More Choices for a Healthy low-fat You". I don't always cook vegan...but always vegetarian. My mother - in - law is allergic to milk so this cookbook has been a lifesaver. As I've tried more recipes I actually make them even when she is not here

visiting. It seems like I'm going more and more vegan all the time. Just not when I eat out. :)

HTH

KirstenEarnie <elumpkin wrote:

Thanks for all the welcome messages. LOL Not sure how myintroduction got tangled with the Oreos, but fun to read. I think at this point, my search is to be able to create interestingand balanced meals. Coming from a non vegetarian/vegan background, I am use to the SAD (think protein, starch, veggie) meal. How do you bring together the different partsof your all vegan meal? Do you have different courses?Earnie

Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football