IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Lo Mein

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I tried this recipe last night. It wasn't the absolute best lo mein recipe I've ever made but it was very good and QUICK (very important part of the dinner prep equation for me! LOL). Anyway, I thought I'd pass this on for anyone who wanted to try it.

God's Peace,

Gayle

Vegan Lo Mein

Vegan equivalent of 1 lb chicken OR omit entirely2 cups vegan chicken broth or veggie broth2 Tbsp. soy sauce1/2 tsp. sugar1/4 tsp. ground ginger1/2 tsp. garlic powder1 16-oz. package frozen mixed veggies (I the kind with carrots, corn, peas, and green beans because that's what I had on hand. Next time I might try a stir fry mix to see how that works.)4 oz. angel hair pasta, uncooked2 Tbsp. water mixed with 2 tsp. corn starchPrepare vegan chicken substitute according to package directions - IF using. Stir in broth, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic powder, and veggies with vegan chicken substitute. Bring to a boil and stir in pasta. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 6-8 minutes until pasta is cooked. Blend water and corn starch and pasta mixture. Stir until thickened and serve. Serves 4

Guest guest

I do this sort of thing all the time, using the bag of frozen veggies over rice or pasta or rice noodles. I generally use a bottled stir-fry or marinade and just put it on at the table. Otherwise, it seems to absorb more than I like.

Eric