IndiaDivine.org

Bonnie's Chocolicious Cake!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Vegan goodness mixed with fudgey frosting and a hint of mint. Easy to make ! Bonnie's Chocolicious Cake ! Serves: 4 - 6 Prep time: 15 - 20 min Baking Time: 20 min Cooling Time: 15 - 20 min Preheat Oven: 300 degrees F [150 degrees C] Cake ingredients: (* ingredient) = recommended 1 & 1/2 cups Flour (*whole wheat) 8 tbs sugar (*unprocessed) 2 tbs cocoa powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup [approx. 2 small or 1 large] mashed banana (*very ripe) 1/2 cup soy milk 4 tbs oil (*grape seed) 1 tbs cold water You will also need: margarine or non-stick cooking spray for greasing 9-inch glass or non-stick baking pan (*round) medium sized mixing bowl wire cooling rack large serving plate Baking Instructions: 1. Mix dry ingredients together 2. Add bananas and wet ingredients, mix well 3. Pour batter into greased pan 4. Bake in preheated oven, 20 minutes at 300 degrees F [150 degrees C] 5. Remove from oven, cool on wire rack for

10 minutes 6. Turn cake onto serving plate, cool adadditional 5 - 10 minutes Frosting Ingredients: 1/2 cup sugar (*unprocessed) 2 tbs cocoa powder 2 tbs flour (*whole wheat) 2 tbs powdered vanilla 1/4 cup [approx. 1 small] mashed banana 2 tbs soy milk Topping: 2 - 4 tbs

crushed walnuts 1/2 tsp finely crushed dried peppermint leaves Frosting Instructions: 1. Mix dry ingredients (excluding topping ingredients) 2. Add banana and soy milk, blend until smooth and creamy 3. Spread all over the cake 4. Sprinkle walnuts & peppermint leaves ontop For a double layer cake: Double the cake ingedients, cook in 2 pans [an additional few minutes of baking

time may be required] Tripple the frosting ingredients, add frosting between the cake layers Note: If you'd like to see how it comes out, I have 2 pictures of this cake posted on my photo page. I used a dried cammomile blossom (with a small curl of shaved carrot) and dried whole peppermint leaves for the decoration. The pics are in the "Baking Bonanza!" folder: lunavanillavegan

Personals Single? There's someone we'd like you to meet. Lots of someones, actually. Personals

Is it possible to make this recipe with carob since I am allergic to chocklate.?

Chava

On Behalf Of BRB Luna Vanilla VeganTuesday, December 06, 2005 6:28 PM Subject: Bonnie's Chocolicious Cake!

Vegan goodness mixed with fudgey frosting and a hint of mint.

PersonalsSingle? There's someone we'd like you to meet.Lots of someones, actually. Personals

, Chava <ycengel@n...> wrote:

>

> Is it possible to make this recipe with carob since I am allergic to

> chocklate.?

> Chava

I've never cooked with carob, but, I'm guessing you could substitute

the chocolate ingredients with it. Just a little cocoa powder adds a

whole lot of taste, so, I think you might want to double the carob to

get near the same strong chocolate flavor.

This recipe calls for cocoa powder, so, if powdered carob isn't

available, I suggest either finely grinding or melting the carob for

the cake part and melting the carob for the frosting part, otherwise,

it wouldn't blend the same.

Good luck with the carob experiement, let us know how it comes out

(and save a slice for me!)

Happy Baking,

- Bonnie

Thank-you

Chava

On

Behalf Of lunavanillavegan