IndiaDivine.org

Smart Balance

Rate this topic

Guest guest

There are two scenarios here: 1. You are mistaken. In which case it would be a good idea to make sure before telling someone they are taking in dairy when it's the only product I can find remotely close to butter (without dairy) in Phenix City, Alabama. 2. They are lying. In which case I am going to take them to court because right on the label it says "No Dairy products at all" It also has no gelatin or gluten! I'm saved! LOL! Rickveggierose <veggierose wrote: Smart Balance not only has casein, but it's made from milk. So it would be considered lacto-vegetarian. Sorry, Rick.

;)

Okay. I was looking at their website and looked at the ingredients list for all products they had listed there. First off, the post you were responding to initially had the subject heading of "fake cheese", so I assumed you meant cheese. And none of their cheese is "parve". So you must be talking about the spreads, in which case you should have changed the subject heading so I was clear what you were referring to. Only two Smart Balance spreads are "parve", so you must have one of them.

:-/

There are two scenarios here:

1. You are mistaken. In which case it would be a good idea to make sure before telling someone they are taking in dairy when it's the only product I can find remotely close to butter (without dairy) in Phenix City, Alabama.

2. They are lying. In which case I am going to take them to court because right on the label it says "No Dairy products at all" It also has no gelatin or gluten! I'm saved! LOL!

Rick

My mistake Veggie, and I am sorry. I thought they only made buttery spreads. I didn't know they made cheese too (cheese that I will never eat). Rickveggierose <veggierose wrote: Okay. I was looking at their website and looked at the ingredients list for all products they had listed there. First off, the post you were responding to initially had the subject heading of "fake cheese", so I assumed you meant cheese. And none of their cheese is "parve". So you must be talking about the spreads, in which case you should have changed the subject heading so I was clear what you were referring to. Only two Smart Balance spreads are "parve", so you must have one of them. :-/ There are two scenarios here: 1. You are mistaken. In which case it would be a good idea to make sure before telling someone they are taking in dairy when it's the only product I can find remotely close to butter (without dairy) in Phenix City, Alabama. 2. They are lying. In which case I am going to take them to court because right on the label it says "No Dairy products at all" It also has no gelatin or gluten! I'm saved! LOL! Rick

You're not alone on the cheese front, Rick. It's really hard to find faux cheese in my area. I'd really love to try vegan gourmet cheese, but it's not available anywhere here, which I think is surprising since the same people make veganaise and I can find that in two places. Spreads aren't difficult as I can get Earth Balance, but this former cheese-head is having withdrawal problems. And I may have found the reason why in a book called "Breaking the Food Seduction". The author states that casein breaks down in your digestive tract and releases some kind of morphines, which are opiates. Kind of explains the addiction to cheese and other dairy, doesn't it. ;)

My mistake Veggie, and I am sorry. I thought they only made buttery spreads. I didn't know they made cheese too (cheese that I will never eat).

Rick

I think you're right. Scientists say that the fat in meats actually put us into a feeding frenzy. Those two things alone make me understand why I felt so good when I quit eating both. Rickveggierose <veggierose wrote: You're not alone on the cheese front, Rick. It's really hard to find faux cheese in my area. I'd really love to try vegan gourmet cheese, but it's not available anywhere here, which I think is surprising since the same people make veganaise and I can find that in two places. Spreads aren't difficult as I can get Earth Balance, but this former cheese-head is having withdrawal problems. And I may have found the reason why in a book called "Breaking the Food Seduction". The author states

that casein breaks down in your digestive tract and releases some kind of morphines, which are opiates. Kind of explains the addiction to cheese and other dairy, doesn't it. ;) My mistake Veggie, and I am sorry. I thought they only made buttery spreads. I didn't know they made cheese too (cheese that I will never eat). Rick