use textured vegetable protein with simulated flesh flavour

(e.g. 'beef mince', available from wholefood and healthfood stores);

serve the food warm; sprinkle nutritional yeast on top; temporarily

add soy milk, avocado, or a little more oil; and mix in a favourite

seasoning such as tomato sauce or soup.

-If the new diet meets with resistance, try mixing the old and new

foods togethor, gradually increasing the proportion of vegetarian

food.

-warning: cats' special dietary needs are more critical than dogs'.

they can suffer loss of eyesight and can die if they are deprived of

taurine, which until recently was virtually impossible to find in a

non-animal form (now available as a derivative of an organic,

renewable, non-animal source). While most cats appear to do well on

a vegetarian diet,some have not adapted so well. Watch your

companion closely when you switch her or him to a non-meat diet. "

That was an extract from " save the animals " by Ingrid Newkirk.

Jules

Guest guest

Hello everybody,

If you want to meet some vegetarian and vegan cats, look at this site (an english version is available too) : http://www.vegechat.org/ (In fact, we are few vegan and vegetarian in France but you can meet us on mailing lists too : "vegetarien" and "ethiquanimal". It is on these mailing lists that I've known about Peter Singer, antispecism, animal rights... and "vegecat" !

For the moment, I am involved in cyber actions against HLS (Huntingdon Life Sciences) with shac.net Do you know about it ?

See you later,

Snoocat

-

djules_75

Sunday, March 24, 2002 5:44 PM

A veggie cat recipe

Here's a veggie cat recipe I found, if anyone with a cat wants to make them some veggie food, or if they already do and want to try something new, I haven't tried it yet because I have found it hard getting Vegecat. (Vegecat is an essential ingredient, which contains Taurine, without which cats go blind)." CHICKPEA CAT CHOW (peden)75g (2.5oz)sprouted chickpeas1.5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast powder1tablespoon chopped or grated vegetables1 tablespoon oil1/2 tablespoon Vegecat1/3 teaspoon soy sauceMash well togethor, put in an airtight container, refrigerate and use as needed.-Cats are more likely to need extra incentives to eat unfamiliar foods than are dogs. Peden provides the following 'helpful hints': use textured vegetable protein with simulated flesh flavour (e.g. 'beef mince', available from wholefood and healthfood stores); serve the food warm; sprinkle nutritional yeast on top; temporarily add soy milk, avocado, or a little more oil; and mix in a favourite seasoning such as tomato sauce or soup.-If the new diet meets with resistance, try mixing the old and new foods togethor, gradually increasing the proportion of vegetarian food.-warning: cats' special dietary needs are more critical than dogs'. they can suffer loss of eyesight and can die if they are deprived of taurine, which until recently was virtually impossible to find in a non-animal form (now available as a derivative of an organic, renewable, non-animal source). While most cats appear to do well on a vegetarian diet,some have not adapted so well. Watch your companion closely when you switch her or him to a non-meat diet. "That was an extract from "save the animals" by Ingrid Newkirk.Jules~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

You may not know the dodgy stuff about Singer though! Please understand that some of us are vegans and animal rights supporters, and yet are at the same time fundamentally opposed to many of his ideas.

He is in favour of abortion and even euthanasia of disabled babies up to 28 days old, so he has less respect for human life than even most non-vegans, which unfortunately gives the public a very bad impression of animal rights people, and thanks to the reputation of Singer many people believe that vegans and animal rights people do not respect human life. To some extent this reputation is sadly true with many AR advocates supporting Singers dangerous eugenic and elitist ideas. I know vegans who have had their unborn children killed by abortion, including for eugenic reasons. I cannot support that.

True vegans should always be against harming the innocent, and as far as I know Singer is vegetarian but not vegan anyway.

Anti speciesism is fine so long as it does not go too far the other way with us caring more about animals than we care about our own children.

Lesley

Snoocat [snoocat]24 March 2002 17:38 Subject: Re: A veggie cat recipe

Hello everybody,

If you want to meet some vegetarian and vegan cats, look at this site (an english version is available too) : http://www.vegechat.org/ (In fact, we are few vegan and vegetarian in France but you can meet us on mailing lists too : "vegetarien" and "ethiquanimal". It is on these mailing lists that I've known about Peter Singer, antispecism, animal rights... and "vegecat" !

For the moment, I am involved in cyber actions against HLS (Huntingdon Life Sciences) with shac.net Do you know about it ?

See you later,

Snoocat

-

djules_75

A veggie cat recipe

Here's a veggie cat recipe I found, if anyone with a cat wants to make them some veggie food, or if they already do and want to try something new, I haven't tried it yet because I have found it hard getting Vegecat. (Vegecat is an essential ingredient, which contains Taurine, without which cats go blind)." CHICKPEA CAT CHOW (peden)75g (2.5oz)sprouted chickpeas1.5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast powder1tablespoon chopped or grated vegetables1 tablespoon oil1/2 tablespoon Vegecat1/3 teaspoon soy sauceMash well togethor, put in an airtight container, refrigerate and use as needed.-Cats are more likely to need extra incentives to eat unfamiliar foods than are dogs. Peden provides the following 'helpful hints': use textured vegetable protein with simulated flesh flavour (e.g. 'beef mince', available from wholefood and healthfood stores); serve the food warm; sprinkle nutritional yeast on top; temporarily add soy milk, avocado, or a little more oil; and mix in a favourite seasoning such as tomato sauce or soup.-If the new diet meets with resistance, try mixing the old and new foods togethor, gradually increasing the proportion of vegetarian food.-warning: cats' special dietary needs are more critical than dogs'. they can suffer loss of eyesight and can die if they are deprived of taurine, which until recently was virtually impossible to find in a non-animal form (now available as a derivative of an organic, renewable, non-animal source). While most cats appear to do well on a vegetarian diet,some have not adapted so well. Watch your companion closely when you switch her or him to a non-meat diet. "That was an extract from "save the animals" by Ingrid Newkirk.Jules~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Hello Lesley,

I agree with you and I am, too, not totally opened to Singer's theory (even antispecism). I just wanted to stress that these ideas begin to be developed and discussed even in France, which is a real progress. Talking / thinking about animal rights and animal liberation is very difficult here, even with intellectual people.

But I suppose you have also a spiritualist approach of life ? So do I. I consider all animals (human being or not) are our brothers, and I have to take care of my brothers of course.

Friendly,

Snoocat

-

Lesley Dove

Sunday, March 24, 2002 7:15 PM

RE: A veggie cat recipe

You may not know the dodgy stuff about Singer though! Please understand that some of us are vegans and animal rights supporters, and yet are at the same time fundamentally opposed to many of his ideas.

He is in favour of abortion and even euthanasia of disabled babies up to 28 days old, so he has less respect for human life than even most non-vegans, which unfortunately gives the public a very bad impression of animal rights people, and thanks to the reputation of Singer many people believe that vegans and animal rights people do not respect human life. To some extent this reputation is sadly true with many AR advocates supporting Singers dangerous eugenic and elitist ideas. I know vegans who have had their unborn children killed by abortion, including for eugenic reasons. I cannot support that.

True vegans should always be against harming the innocent, and as far as I know Singer is vegetarian but not vegan anyway.

Anti speciesism is fine so long as it does not go too far the other way with us caring more about animals than we care about our own children.

Lesley

Hello everybody,

See you later,

Snoocat

-

djules_75

A veggie cat recipe

Guest guest

I hope this does not disappoint you too much, but I am not in any way religious or spiritual. I fully respect those who have such beliefs though!

But I believe quite strongly in respecting life because I believe this one life might be all we get, whether human or not.

Lesley

Snoocat [snoocat]24 March 2002 18:57 Subject: Re: A veggie cat recipe

Hello Lesley,

I agree with you and I am, too, not totally opened to Singer's theory (even antispecism). I just wanted to stress that these ideas begin to be developed and discussed even in France, which is a real progress. Talking / thinking about animal rights and animal liberation is very difficult here, even with intellectual people.

But I suppose you have also a spiritualist approach of life ? So do I. I consider all animals (human being or not) are our brothers, and I have to take care of my brothers of course.

Friendly,

Snoocat

-

Lesley Dove

Sunday, March 24, 2002 7:15 PM

RE: A veggie cat recipe

Lesley

Hello everybody,

See you later,

Snoocat

-

djules_75

A veggie cat recipe

Guest guest

An extra big welcome Snoocat .

I regularly "do " HLS down near Cambridge with my local group. And we do stalls to educate the public.

Keep up the good work

-

Snoocat

Sunday, March 24, 2002 5:38 PM

Re: A veggie cat recipe

Hello everybody,

Snoocat

-

djules_75

A veggie cat recipe