IndiaDivine.org

RE: A veggie cat recipe -- attention Djules.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It's easy to get Vegecat! Just order it from the Vegan Society. :) Have you tried Veggiepet? They make a prepared vegan kibble for cats, as well as dogs. Pants LOVES it...especially with nori, olive oil, and Engevita yeast.

Good luck. If you need any more information, all you need do is ask.

xxk@xx

djules_75 [djules_75]24 March 2002 16:45 Subject: A veggie cat recipeHere's a veggie cat recipe I found, if anyone with a cat wants to make them some veggie food, or if they already do and want to try something new, I haven't tried it yet because I have found it hard getting Vegecat. (Vegecat is an essential ingredient, which contains Taurine, without which cats go blind)." CHICKPEA CAT CHOW (peden)75g (2.5oz)sprouted chickpeas1.5 tablespoons of nutritional yeast powder1tablespoon chopped or grated vegetables1 tablespoon oil1/2 tablespoon Vegecat1/3 teaspoon soy sauceMash well togethor, put in an airtight container, refrigerate and use as needed.-Cats are more likely to need extra incentives to eat unfamiliar foods than are dogs. Peden provides the following 'helpful hints': use textured vegetable protein with simulated flesh flavour (e.g. 'beef mince', available from wholefood and healthfood stores); serve the food warm; sprinkle nutritional yeast on top; temporarily add soy milk, avocado, or a little more oil; and mix in a favourite seasoning such as tomato sauce or soup.-If the new diet meets with resistance, try mixing the old and new foods togethor, gradually increasing the proportion of vegetarian food.-warning: cats' special dietary needs are more critical than dogs'. they can suffer loss of eyesight and can die if they are deprived of taurine, which until recently was virtually impossible to find in a non-animal form (now available as a derivative of an organic, renewable, non-animal source). While most cats appear to do well on a vegetarian diet,some have not adapted so well. Watch your companion closely when you switch her or him to a non-meat diet. "That was an extract from "save the animals" by Ingrid Newkirk.Jules~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

I thought they sold it too but couldn't find it on their website or in the latest magazine. And was interested as I might have to take on a cat soon who's being neglected by her owner(s). Trouble is, I don't want a cat so am looking for a home for the poor thing. Can't leave it where it is tho. Anyone got any ideas? Have e'd Cats Protection & am waiting for an answer...

Cheers

Viv

"You'll Never Walk Alone with a Basenji" www.veganvillage.co.uk www.vegansociety.com http://VEGAN-info.com/index.htm

k@ [kittyveg]Sunday, March 24, 2002 6:31 PM Subject: RE: A veggie cat recipe -- attention Djules.

It's easy to get Vegecat! Just order it from the Vegan Society. :) Have you tried Veggiepet? They make a prepared vegan kibble for cats, as well as dogs. Pants LOVES it...especially with nori, olive oil, and Engevita yeast.

Good luck. If you need any more information, all you need do is ask.

xxk@xx