IndiaDivine.org

preaching to the converted.....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I hate the name Oliver I did not used to mind it

And I'm one of the nicest people I know . Very friendly ---- ------------- -except to Olivers / Vivisectionists /hunters etc

-

Oliver Slay

' '

Monday, March 25, 2002 7:49 PM

RE: preaching to the converted.....

do you despise everyone? ... if you despise one group MORE THAN another .. it implies that you despise both groups... and religous people v. atheists/agnostics doesn't leave much room for anyone else on the planet...

i don't mean to pick on you ... but you speak too much of hate, despising and dislike... and this is not a compassionate stance...

IF you hate ... you are more likely to be nasty without intending to be nasty ... you may not even notice how nasty some of your own actions might be ...

namaste

Z

I despise religious people more than atheists/agnostics because they have a set of rules to live by which should make them more compassionate than non believers but they are not (with a few exceptions )~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Thank you Snoocat

It is easy for people to criticise but better perhaps for them to do something

-

Snoocat

Monday, March 25, 2002 9:05 PM

Re: preaching to the converted.....

I wonder :

Don't you think sometimes it's enough to be tolerant, patient, with what is untolerable ? Don't you think that there are situations and people which / who are truely despisable (hunters or vivisectionists for example) ?

Even Gandhi was making a "value judgement" when he said "la grandeur d'une nation se mesure à la façon dont elle traite ses animaux" (sorry I can't translate but I suppose you all know this sentence)...

In fact, I wonder if it's a real problem to hate, to despise, to dislike, to judge. You can feel this feelings and not to be violent of course. But when you feel this feelings, you act, you react, you do something !

Even in the Bible (I think), it's said that God doesn't like people too warm, he prefers "hot people"...

-

Oliver Slay

' '

Monday, March 25, 2002 8:49 PM

RE: preaching to the converted.....

do you despise everyone? ... if you despise one group MORE THAN another .. it implies that you despise both groups... and religous people v. atheists/agnostics doesn't leave much room for anyone else on the planet...

i don't mean to pick on you ... but you speak too much of hate, despising and dislike... and this is not a compassionate stance...

IF you hate ... you are more likely to be nasty without intending to be nasty ... you may not even notice how nasty some of your own actions might be ...

namaste

Z

I despise religious people more than atheists/agnostics because they have a set of rules to live by which should make them more compassionate than non believers but they are not (with a few exceptions )~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -