IndiaDivine.org

Not BOASTING about vegan superiority: A vegan...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I want to quote Jules (wish I had his last name), not only on THIS list, but elsewhere (why I wanted his last name), for this spiffy, succinct, to-the-point quote:"Even if we are morally superior than others, surely its not morally superior to boast that fact by ponsing around calling ourselves vegans??" -- JulesHowever, to add a little wit to it, I would revise that quote to read:"Even if we are morally superior than others, surely its not morally superior to boast that fact by ponsing around calling ourselves superior." (then add my own name to it? Nah)Maynard

geouze <djules_75 wrote: I liked that post that turned up a while in the old vegan UK: I think it was ian, he posted an article I think, that criticised the labelling of vegans... Sorry for the vague refererence, but surely, why should vegans we be labelled as "vegans" anyway? Ok there are definitions in books such as the highly popular "Oxford dictionary" (raah raah), but why exactly, because i choose to avoid animal products altogethor as much as possible, should I be labelled as a thing. Ok, its useful. Like I wouldn't have found this list if there weren't a word for it. Oh yeah thats what the article was talking about, something like the word "vegan" implies that we hold moral superiority over others. Even if we are morally superior than others, surely its not morally superior to boast that fact by ponsing around calling ourselves vegans??Jules ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

> " Even if we are morally superior than others,

> surely its not morally superior to boast that fact

> by ponsing around calling ourselves vegans?? "

But the label vegan does not entail superiority? I call myself a lot

of things as the situation dictates.

My spiffy quote would be " Had I not called myself a vegan I would

have been served ham soup. "

Michael