IndiaDivine.org

RE: Vegan Community (was - No, come back - I'm not mad...)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

If you're looking for a vegan community, there is a spectacular woman in France who is, with every sinew of her body, attempting to begin just such a thing. She has fourteen acres in the Aquitaine region where she also has a sanctuary for cats. All of the land has planning permission for building...or, you can just go to camp. Rat and I have just returned from there. If you'd like to contact her, she'd love to hear from you, I'm sure. Lemme know.

xxk@xx

djules_75 [djules_75]21 April 2002 20:53 Subject: Re: No, come back - I'm not mad...Yeah I have dreams of vegan societies etc. I was watching one of those crappy castaway-type programs on TV where a group of people go and live in the wild and get filmed and win money for it, usually they are provided with live chickens that they eat etc. I think they should do a vegan one, to prove that we can survive in the wild as well, it would help promote veganism, the programs never have any veggies on it. Apparantly there's a vegan community in Australian bush where they're just vegans, its a bit far thoJules, Joel Cartwright <joel@f...> wrote:> On Fri Apr 19, 2002, djules_75 wrote:> > I might possibly be gay, I've had loads of girlfriends, but my love > > life stopped completely when I went vegan. I won't find out till I > > leave the area I live in, its really conservative, the people here > > make me sick.> > Yeah, that's one unfortunate thing about being vegan - most> prospective partners get scared off if they're not vegetarian or> vegan. We should go and live on a tropical island with a load of> vegans :)> > Joel.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

On Thu Apr 25, 2002, k@ wrote:

> If you're looking for a vegan community, there is a spectacular woman in

> France who is, with every sinew of her body, attempting to begin just such a

> thing. She has fourteen acres in the Aquitaine region where she also has a

> sanctuary for cats. All of the land has planning permission for

> building...or, you can just go to camp. Rat and I have just returned from

> there. If you'd like to contact her, she'd love to hear from you, I'm sure.

> Lemme know.

That sounds very cool :)

I'm busy in my final year of uni at the moment, but I'll definitely

bear it in mind for the future. It's a shame my french is so bad - I

know much more german.

Did you go there on holiday?

Joel.

Guest guest

Yea, we went there for a few days to help build a wall so that the cats who reside there can have a more safe and secure freedom.

It's beautiful down there, but ten kilometres from the nearest large-ish town where soymilk, tofu, and yoghurt can be found. Hottttttattahh, as well. Don't worry about your command o' the French language. Give it your best and the people will appreciate it. They spoke too quickly to me when I addressed them in French. I know a fair bit, but shall have to learn a lot more.

Anyroad, if you would like to contact Michelle (founder) for further information, her e-mail addy is foyerfelin.

Drop her a line if you wish. :))

Thanks for expressing some interest.

xxk@xx

Joel Cartwright [joel]25 April 2002 16:44 Subject: Re: Vegan Community (was - Re: No, come back - I'm not mad...)On Thu Apr 25, 2002, k@ wrote:> If you're looking for a vegan community, there is a spectacular woman in> France who is, with every sinew of her body, attempting to begin just such a> thing. She has fourteen acres in the Aquitaine region where she also has a> sanctuary for cats. All of the land has planning permission for> building...or, you can just go to camp. Rat and I have just returned from> there. If you'd like to contact her, she'd love to hear from you, I'm sure.> Lemme know.That sounds very cool :)I'm busy in my final year of uni at the moment, but I'll definitelybear it in mind for the future. It's a shame my french is so bad - Iknow much more german.Did you go there on holiday?Joel.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

On Thu Apr 25, 2002, k@ wrote:

> Anyroad, if you would like to contact Michelle (founder) for further

> information, her e-mail addy is foyerfelin.

> Drop her a line if you wish. :))

> Thanks for expressing some interest.

Yeah, I might do that - thanks for the info. It sounds amazing :)

Joel.