IndiaDivine.org

Request for holiday accomodation information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Anybody know of anywhere vegan, public transport accessable and family freindly (and affordable) where we (2 adults, 4 kids) could have a short away break in the week commencing 10 August to 15 august?

Brighton would be our first choice, but anywhere South East to East midlands would be considered... Have looked at the Vegan Village lists and Viva guide to Brighton but nothing looked suitable, so any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully considered...

Cheers for any help,

graham

Guest guest

Pricks up ears, my pet subject, vegan family-friendly places you ask?

Don't know anywhere in the area you want just off hand, but we are going to the Wildlife Hotel in Blackpool (Tel 01253 346143) for a week in the Summer, the week before your holiday actually. I've heard great reports about the lady who runs it from another vegan family who went there.

Audrey is very definitely a family-friendly person, although she is not set up with a travel cot for guests with babies and toddlers not ready to be in real beds, so we have to arrange to buy a travel cot online and get it delivered there, which is a bit of extra bother, but should be worth it, as she will have it then for future guests with babies.

I was not so long ago trying to complile a list of vegan-friendly family-friendly goods, services and places to visit and stay. I shall have look at the list I had started from recommendations from other vegan families and see if I can find anything which might help you.

Lesley

Graham Burnett [grahamburnett]04 May 2002 14:01eco_vegans ; karin ridgers; ; vegan-network ; Subject: Request for holiday accomodation information

Anybody know of anywhere vegan, public transport accessable and family freindly (and affordable) where we (2 adults, 4 kids) could have a short away break in the week commencing 10 August to 15 august?

Brighton would be our first choice, but anywhere South East to East midlands would be considered... Have looked at the Vegan Village lists and Viva guide to Brighton but nothing looked suitable, so any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully considered...

Cheers for any help,

graham~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

If only there was a list dedicated to this kind of question 8-)

Without wanting to state the obvious, do you not have a copy of the Vegan

Travel Guide? I've found it (and similar books) can be helpful as they

give you a rough idea of price, but you really need to have somewhere in

mind before looking.

Usually though I find vegan B & Bs to be rather expensive so end up getting

somewhere cheap and taking a box of soya milk to see me through breakfast

time.

Michael

At 02:01 PM 5/4/2002 +0100, Graham Burnett you wrote:

------------------------- Reply Separator -------------------------

>Anybody know of anywhere vegan, public transport accessable and family

>freindly (and affordable) where we (2 adults, 4 kids) could have a short

>away break in the week commencing 10 August to 15 august?

>

>Brighton would be our first choice, but anywhere South East to East

>midlands would be considered... Have looked at the Vegan Village lists and

>Viva guide to Brighton but nothing looked suitable, so any ideas or

>suggestions would be gratefully considered...

>

>Cheers for any help,

>

>graham

>

>