eat animal and they're by-product then that's ok by me. :) About the

McVegan event; if you go to

www.vegan.org.

and click on the tiny McVegan link on the right hand side of the page

and that should tell you all about McVegan. I haven't set a date for

the event but it will be early next year, just as I get enought money

and sponsorship together. Got to go now. See you all soon. Love

Genevieve.

No worries, Genevieve. I did share Viv's sentiments: it confuses the issue when one labels oneself vegan, but then consumes some animal products. I wanted to say something, but didn't want to risk alienating you from your efforts. As long as you don't identify yourself as a vegan whilst you're still eating eggs and honey, everything's cool! :))

The important thing is that you are going out there to educate people. That's ace...absolutely ace! You are to be commended!

Have you been to the Vegan Society's website? There's information there about honey. Queen bees are treated very similarly to dairy cows: they are artificially inseminated and kept immobile. There are other correlations, as well. Have a look.

Congratulations, again, for being active on behalf of the animals!

xxk@xx

tw0big8oo8s [tw0big8oo8s]21 August 2002 17:58 Subject: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

I don't really know what to label myself as. Some people call me a vegetarian because I don't conform to the whole of the vegan thing but some do because I don't drink milk or eat it's products. This is probably going to offend someone but I'm a vegetarian/vegan because of the way animal are treated and the way they are killed. Humans are omnivores and are therefore meant to eat animal products but I just think it's sick to keep them as they do and to kill them in such a way. I live near an abattoir so I've seen what goes on. I eat eggs because as long as they're free-range I can see no harm to the animal and I eat honey because of all the research I've done I've found no evidence that the bees are harmed in any way. But I do think that people are intitled to their opinion so if you think it's wrong to eat animal and they're by-product then that's ok by me. :) About the McVegan event; if you go towww.vegan.org.and click on the tiny McVegan link on the right hand side of the page and that should tell you all about McVegan. I haven't set a date for the event but it will be early next year, just as I get enought money and sponsorship together. Got to go now. See you all soon. Love Genevieve. ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

I dont need to eat honey. But I was just wondering about the honey described as from wild bees. Are the queens treated in the same way? If they are, how can they be wild?

Pandora

"k@" wrote:

No worries, Genevieve. I did share Viv's sentiments: it confuses the issue when one labels oneself vegan, but then consumes some animal products. I wanted to say something, but didn't want to risk alienating you from your efforts. As long as you don't identify yourself as a vegan whilst you're still eating eggs and honey, everything's cool! :))

The important thing is that you are going out there to educate people. That's ace...absolutely ace! You are to be commended!

Have you been to the Vegan Society's website? There's information there about honey. Queen bees are treated very similarly to dairy cows: they are artificially inseminated and kept immobile. There are other correlations, as well. Have a look.

xxk@xx

tw0big8oo8s [tw0big8oo8s]21 August 2002 17:58 Subject: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

I don't really know what to label myself as. Some people call me a vegetarian because I don't conform to the whole of the vegan thing but some do because I don't drink milk or eat it's products. This is probably going to offend someone but I'm a vegetarian/vegan because of the way animal are treated and the way they are killed. Humans are omnivores and are therefore meant to eat animal products but I just think it's sick to keep them as they do and to kill them in such a way. I live near an abattoir so I've seen what goes on. I eat eggs because as long as they're free-range I can see no harm to the animal and I eat honey because of all the research I've done I've found no evidence that the bees are harmed in any way. But I do think that people are intitled to their opinion so if you think it's wrong to eat animal and they're by-product then that's ok by me. :) About the McVegan event; if you go towww.vegan.org.and click on the tiny McVegan link on the right hand side of the page and that should tell you all about McVegan. I haven't set a date for the event but it will be early next year, just as I get enought money and sponsorship together. Got to go now. See you all soon. Love Genevieve. ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Human's ability to subjugate never ceases to amaze me, but i must admit that i do not have the answers to your query. I just adhere to the idea that the bees make the honey for themselves, not for us. I would wonder whether there's a certification for honey derived from "wild" bees. Still wouldn't use it. It's all personal preference, however...

xxk@xx

Pandoras Box [ladymorphia]21 August 2002 20:12 Subject: RE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

I dont need to eat honey. But I was just wondering about the honey described as from wild bees. Are the queens treated in the same way? If they are, how can they be wild? Pandora "k@" wrote:

xxk@xx

wild honey is colected when the bees have left their hives ... as in the Manuka honey ... it's the left overs and the empty honeycomb that is sold...

but then that would be one extreme.... and most 'wild' honey is a mix of wild bees and modern practices... whichever gives the more profit...

Z

k@ [kittyveg]Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:13 PM Subject: RE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

Human's ability to subjugate never ceases to amaze me, but i must admit that i do not have the answers to your query. I just adhere to the idea that the bees make the honey for themselves, not for us. I would wonder whether there's a certification for honey derived from "wild" bees. Still wouldn't use it. It's all personal preference, however...

xxk@xx

Pandoras Box [ladymorphia]21 August 2002 20:12 Subject: RE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

I dont need to eat honey. But I was just wondering about the honey described as from wild bees. Are the queens treated in the same way? If they are, how can they be wild? Pandora "k@" wrote:

xxk@xx

Thanks for the information.

xxk@xx (will never eat honey)

Oliver Slay [oliver]22 August 2002 13:09' 'RE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

wild honey is colected when the bees have left their hives ... as in the Manuka honey ... it's the left overs and the empty honeycomb that is sold...

but then that would be one extreme.... and most 'wild' honey is a mix of wild bees and modern practices... whichever gives the more profit...

Z

k@ [kittyveg]Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:13 PM Subject: RE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

xxk@xx

xxk@xx

"k@" wrote:

I just adhere to the idea that the bees make the honey for themselves, not for us

So do I :-)

HotJobs, a service - Search Thousands of New Jobs

other choices are:

rice syrup

barley syrup

maple syrup (best)

corn syrup

cane syrup

.... ... any more?

, " k@ " <kittyveg@b...> wrote:

> Thanks for the information.

>

> xxk@xx (will never eat honey)

>

> Oliver Slay [oliver@l...]

> 22 August 2002 13:09

> ''

> RE: SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

>

>

> wild honey is colected when the bees have left their hives ...

as in the

> Manuka honey ... it's the left overs and the empty honeycomb that

is

> sold...

>

> but then that would be one extreme.... and most 'wild' honey is

a mix of

> wild bees and modern practices... whichever gives the more

profit...

>

> Z

>

> k@ [kittyveg@b...]

> Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:13 PM

>

>

>

> Human's ability to subjugate never ceases to amaze me, but i

must admit

> that i do not have the answers to your query. I just adhere to

the idea

> that the bees make the honey for themselves, not for us. I would

wonder

> whether there's a certification for honey derived from " wild "

bees. Still

> wouldn't use it. It's all personal preference, however...

>

> xxk@xx

>

> Pandoras Box [ladymorphia]

> 21 August 2002 20:12

>

>

>

> I dont need to eat honey. But I was just wondering about the

honey

> described as from wild bees. Are the queens treated in the same

way? If

> they are, how can they be wild?

>

> Pandora

>

> " k@ " wrote:

>

> No worries, Genevieve. I did share Viv's sentiments: it

confuses

> the issue when one labels oneself vegan, but then consumes some

animal

> products. I wanted to say something, but didn't want to risk

alienating you

> from your efforts. As long as you don't identify yourself as a

vegan whilst

> you're still eating eggs and honey, everything's cool! :))

>

> The important thing is that you are going out there to

educate

> people. That's ace...absolutely ace! You are to be commended!

>

> Have you been to the Vegan Society's website? There's

information

> there about honey. Queen bees are treated very similarly to dairy

cows:

> they are artificially inseminated and kept immobile. There are

other

> correlations, as well. Have a look.

>

> Congratulations, again, for being active on behalf of the

animals!

>

> xxk@xx

>

>

>

> tw0big8oo8s [tw0big8oo8s]

> 21 August 2002 17:58

>

> SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE

>

>

> I don't really know what to label myself as. Some people

call me a

> vegetarian because I don't conform to the whole of the

vegan thing

> but some do because I don't drink milk or eat it's

products. This

> is

> probably going to offend someone but I'm a

vegetarian/vegan

> because

> of the way animal are treated and the way they are

killed. Humans

> are

> omnivores and are therefore meant to eat animal products

but I

> just

> think it's sick to keep them as they do and to kill them

in such a

> way. I live near an abattoir so I've seen what goes on.

I eat eggs

> because as long as they're free-range I can see no harm

to the

> animal

> and I eat honey because of all the research I've done

I've found

> no

> evidence that the bees are harmed in any way. But I do

think that

> people are intitled to their opinion so if you think

it's wrong to

> eat animal and they're by-product then that's ok by