IndiaDivine.org

profile questionnaire

Rate this topic

Guest guest

=== Questions about you ===

1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)?

- Sonni

2/ How old are you (a rough idea will do)?

3/ Do you know many vegans in real life?

- Yes, i do because I'm pretty much into animal rights.

4/ How long have you been a vegan, and how long vegetarian before that?

- I'm a vegetarian since I'm 13 and vegan since 1 1/2 years.

5/ Why did you become vegetarian/vegan (if you are neither it would be useful to explain why you joined this list)?

- With 13 a friend told me why she is a vegetarian, then I watched on TV how pigs and cows were slaughtered and my sister and I considered to avoid eating meat. My brother and my mum followed, btw.

After Deni (my sis) read some things about veganism she decided to go vegan. (She was 16 then.) I told her that she's completely crazy and that no one but her would do that. (I really didn't know that many other people live vegan as well :Þ) Well, I tried not to think about it too much in order to avoid a bad conscience... I still wanted to believe in things like that being milked isn't bad for a cow, etc. (I know how stupid it was :/ )

Then we got internet and Deni found other vegans... I met them, too and started to deal with veganism. That was the time when I couldn't ignore the reality anymore and as a logical result I became vegan. Deni and I talked with the rest of our family about it and my mum and my bros went vegan, too.

About six months later we met animal rights activists and now we are heavily into animal rights. We are members of our animal rights group here and started campaigns against the fur trade which all end pretty successful :) Just a week ago Karstadt (a really huge concern) told the press that they won't sell fur anymore in 2003. Besides this we found SHAC Germany and I'm sure that we all together will succeed in closing HLS down.

=== Questions about your area ===

6/ Whereabouts do you live?

- I live in North Rhine-Westphalia. That's in the West of Germany.

7/ How good a place is it for vegans?

- Well, if you are used to veganism and know where you can buy good things being vegan is really easy here. We have a few health food stores in every town but you can also buy great stuff in the supermarket.

=== Questions for fun ===

8/ Which is your favourite type of bean?

-?

9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit?

- Hmm, it's hard to say... I love woods and meadows, means I need green around me... I've just been to London, e.g. and it was quite oki, but I could never live there, because it's so crowdy, noisy and polluted... Would love to see more parts of England.

10/ What types of film do you like?

- Uhm, I like films with a good story, no matter if it's a love story or a horror film, but I think sometimes it's quite hard to find films like that.

11/ What was the last meal you ate?

- Oh, let me think... Guess it was a brown bread with mushroom pâté, jam, tomatoes and onions :)

12/ Are you a morning, evening or night person?

- More an evening and night person even if I would love to be a morning person because of staying awake until 01.00 am I'm always thaaaat tired in the morning ;Þ Try to change it...

=== Questions for dull administrative purposes ===

13/ How did you find out about this list?

- I had a look at http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/index.htm

=== Other comments ===

14/ If there is anything else you want to add to the above please feel free to do so.

- Yessss:

In my freetime (means when I don't go to school or to demos) I like listening to good music (nine years war, placebo, radiohead, shelter, boy sets fire, fugazi, refused, nirvana, bush, travis, muse, last days of april, the get up kids, good clean fun, etc.), meeting friends, chatting, traveling, playing with our dog and our cats...

Oki, that's it for now. Have to go out in the garden cos the sun is shining that bright at the moment :)

Hi Sonni Did you go to the vegan Festival ?

I was on the Veggies stall and was amazed and delighted at the number of Europeans who had come over especially

veganpowerXXX [veganpowerXXX] 29 September 2002 13:55 Subject: profile questionnaire=== Questions about you ===1/ What is your name (or what do you like to be called)?- Sonni9/ What is your favourite country, or region, to visit?- Hmm, it's hard to say... I love woods and meadows, means I need green around me... I've just been to London, e.g. and it was quite oki, but I could never live there, because it's so crowdy, noisy and polluted... Would love to see more parts of England.

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.391 / Virus Database: 222 - Release 19/09/2002

Hi Angie!

No, unfortunately I wasn't able to join the festival :( It was a

trip of my school and we had to leave on Friday... It's really a pity!

Richie already told me, that it was great :) How many people were

there?

Greetinx,

Sonni

, " Angie Wright " <angiewright@n...> wrote:

> Hi Sonni Did you go to the vegan Festival ?

>

> I was on the Veggies stall and was amazed and delighted at the

number

> of Europeans who had come over especially

>

> Angie

>

1,000's!!!! Or maybe the same ones going round and round again !!

Sonni [veganpowerXXX] 02 October 2002 11:13 Subject: Re: profile questionnaireRichie already told me, that it was great :) How many people were there?Sonni

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.391 / Virus Database: 222 - Release 19/09/2002