IndiaDivine.org

Favourite Non Dairy Milk Subsititute

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For cooking : coconut milk (or is that non-dairy coconut extract)

For drinking : Rice dream

For cereal : Oatley

For luxury : the soya cream substitutes from Granose & Provamel...

Steve W

How come coconut milk is still allowed to be called milk !!!

I hope we all call soya white liquid , " milk" , despite the bully boys

Steve Welburn [] 13 October 2002 00:26 Subject: Favourite Non Dairy Milk SubsitituteFor cooking : coconut milk (or is that non-dairy coconut extract)For drinking : Rice dreamFor cereal : OatleyFor luxury : the soya cream substitutes from Granose & Provamel...Steve W~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

oatley kicks ass! it can be so thick, i love it, tho, i must confess, i mainly have alpro frsh, with cream too........RAT.......................For cooking : coconut milk (or is that non-dairy coconut extract)For drinking : Rice dreamFor cereal : OatleyFor luxury : the soya cream substitutes from Granose & Provamel...Steve W~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

What's Oatley? Never heard of it. Are Coco Pops still vegan?

Just wondering what I can have that's nice & sweet - all my Yofu etc's at work. Might have to make some soya milk custard...

Viv

"You'll Never Walk Alone with a Basenji" www.veganvillage.co.uk www.vegansociety.com

k@ [kittyveg]Sunday, October 13, 2002 4:35 PM Subject: RE: Favourite Non Dairy Milk Subsititute

oatley kicks ass! it can be so thick, i love it, tho, i must confess, i mainly have alpro frsh, with cream too........RAT.......................For cooking : coconut milk (or is that non-dairy coconut extract)For drinking : Rice dreamFor cereal : Oatley

>What's Oatley?

A milk substitute made from oats.

>Are Coco Pops still vegan?

Don't know, but there is something similar which is organic. Can't

remember what, it's not Gorilla Munch, and I don't think it's Orangutan

O's, but it's from the same group of cereals, and they are available in

large supermarkets as well as health food stores. I think the cocoa pops

equivalent is the Koala one.

Michael

I've certainly seen no change of ingredients on coco pops to indicate they may be no longer vegan, I hope they are still OK, we still eat them (the kids do anyway). I tried giving them the Koala pops or whatever they were called and they didn't like them (very fussy).

Lesley

Mavreela [nec.lists]14 October 2002 19:34 Subject: RE: Favourite Non Dairy Milk Subsititute>What's Oatley?A milk substitute made from oats.>Are Coco Pops still vegan?Don't know, but there is something similar which is organic. Can't remember what, it's not Gorilla Munch, and I don't think it's Orangutan O's, but it's from the same group of cereals, and they are available in large supermarkets as well as health food stores. I think the cocoa pops equivalent is the Koala one.Michael~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

i think it's whole earth, but K@ says they have honey in.....RAT...... >What's Oatley?A milk substitute made from oats.>Are Coco Pops still vegan?Don't know, but there is something similar which is organic. Can't remember what, it's not Gorilla Munch, and I don't think it's Orangutan O's, but it's from the same group of cereals, and they are available in large supermarkets as well as health food stores. I think the cocoa pops equivalent is the Koala one.Michael~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

> i think it's whole earth, but K@ says they have honey in.....RAT......

No, that's something different. Their chocolate cereal is definitely non

vegan.

The one I'm thinking about is an imported American Brand. I've remembered

the name of that, it's Enviro Kidz (hence all the animal names).

> who makes coco pops?........RAT..............

Kellogs.

Michael

>I tried giving them the Koala pops or whatever they were called and they

>didn't like them (very fussy).

I like them, not that I eat cereals that often (and when I do it is with

the Provamel/Alpro Soya Fresh). They are so chocolatey they even turn the

milk brown.

Michael

WWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

are coco pops vegan

MY FAVORITE BREAKFAST CERIAL OF ALL TIME VEGAN????????????????????????

and now they are not, and i find out they were when its too late

the exact same thing happened to me with napster, i found out about

it the last day it was on,

bloomin tragic