AGM, The meaning of life and Socials.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Bloody - sent my last message before I'd even written

anything...#

, " Angie Wright " <angiewright@n...> wrote:

> Moi ? Yes , eventually !!!!.. They decided not to prosecute

also .

> just as well as I wasn't involved anyway .

>

> It seems to me if they can't get the guilty people , they'll get

anyone

> they can pin it on . Frightening really . Perhaps it is a

deliberate

> tactic to scare us off .

yep, you are right Angie, it's called intimidation... No different

to when Mcdonalds serve writs on anyone who says anything critical

about them, even if it's obviously true. By using intimidation they

were able to shut up Veggies in Nottingham (as I'm sure you are well

aware as you work for them!!!) and Channel 4, not because they

weren't telling the truth, but because libel laws in this country

make it extremely difficult and expensive to cases in court.

probably the only reason dave & helen were able to fight the case

was paradoxically because they didn't have sixpense between them to

rub together, hence the threat of being sued for libel was pretty

meaningless to them!

Cheers graham

Yes , most probably are free thinkers who like to do their own thing . Trouble is its frightening off my kids . How many others are put off .(of all age groups ).

Sometimes looking normal isn't such a bad thing . Then it wouldn't give the idea that we are all employed layabouts .

Still I can't see it changing at all

cathyjupp [cj] 31 October 2002 16:18 Subject: Re: AGM, The meaning of life and Socials., "Angie Wright" <angiewright@n...> wrote:> He asked me "Why are AR vegans weird ? Can anyone answer ?> I couldn't > > AngieSome are pretty normal, some look weird but are basically mentally sound, some look normal and are totally bizarre. I believe that if you are the sort of person who thinks outside of society's norms, then you're more likely to be open to "radical" ideas such as not eating corpses. Then there are the ego-warriors who are only in AR for the attention it gets them - they tend to dress strangely for the same purpose. But I still think that most vegan AR people who dress in an unorthodox manner do so because they are free-thinkers and that's how they like to look."Normal" people are usually a boring bunch IMHO anyway!Cathy~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Yes it was lucky that Dave and Helen were picked on Anyone else with some money wouldn't have got legal aid and so woiuld not have been able to afford to pursue it

Angie

quercusrobur2002 [grahamburnett] 31 October 2002 23:45 Subject: Re: AGM, The meaning of life and Socials.yep, you are right Angie, it's called intimidation... No different to when Mcdonalds serve writs on anyone who says anything critical about them, even if it's obviously true. By using intimidation they were able to shut up Veggies in Nottingham (as I'm sure you are well aware as you work for them!!!) and Channel 4, not because they weren't telling the truth, but because libel laws in this country make it extremely difficult and expensive to cases in court. probably the only reason dave & helen were able to fight the case was paradoxically because they didn't have sixpense between them to rub together, hence the threat of being sued for libel was pretty meaningless to them!Cheers graham~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -