IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 250

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone flown Air France before? I'm dreading their definition of a

Vegan meal. BA and QUANTAS are bad enough. " isn't this veal vegan? hoheho? " .

As a rule I ring most airlines up 3 times to check on the meals ordered and

their definition.

Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Rowan

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.419 / Virus Database: 235 - Release 13/11/02

I did - Manchester to Paris - the firm we booked with said that they'd supply

vegan food for me and nut free food for my fiance. I took a packed lunch anyway

because I never trust airlines.

They didn't provide a vegan meal either way (an apple and a cow's milk yogurt on

the way out, nothing at all on the way back) and gave my fiance a sandwich with

walnuts in on the way back - which I think is worse because it could have killed

him, I was just hungry.

Wrote to complain - they were unapologetic and said they can't provide special

meals in economy and we shouldn't have been told otherwise....

I wouldn't trust them and I'd take my own food anyway - that way it's a pleasant

surprise if they get it right.

Karen

> from: Rowan McCartney <be99rnm

> date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:17:59

> to:

> subject: Re: Digest Number 250

Has anyone flown Air France before? I'm dreading their definition of a

Vegan meal. BA and QUANTAS are bad enough. " isn't this veal vegan? hoheho? " .

As a rule I ring most airlines up 3 times to check on the meals ordered and

their definition.

Any advise would be greatly appriciated.

Rowan

The attachment you enclosed just says as follows

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.419 / Virus Database: 235 - Release 13/11/02

What was the intended attachment saying please?

Lesley

Rowan McCartney [be99rnm]10 December 2002 17:18 Subject: Re: Digest Number 250Has anyone flown Air France before? I'm dreading their definition of a Vegan meal. BA and QUANTAS are bad enough. "isn't this veal vegan? hoheho?".As a rule I ring most airlines up 3 times to check on the meals ordered and their definition.Any advise would be greatly appriciated.Rowan

double check ... but if the airline offers a vegan option then it will be vegan ... it might not be interesting but it will be vegan...

i've had some good vegan chillis ... curries ... and some crap boiled veg on boiled rice...

take your own snacks ... fruit is reserved for clubclass and business class only ... you have to beg to get fruit from them...

and double check on your return flight ...

it also really confuses them if you change your seat from the one you checked in on... and they end up giving your meal to some vegetarian sitting nearby...

EasyJet and Ryannair have about one snack food suitable for vegans, you have to pay for it and usually there's none left by the time the trolley reaches your seat cos they don't carry enough stock on their flights...

Rowan McCartney [be99rnm] Has anyone flown Air France before? I'm dreading their definition of a Vegan meal. BA and QUANTAS are bad enough. "isn't this veal vegan? hoheho?".As a rule I ring most airlines up 3 times to check on the meals ordered and their definition.Any advise would be greatly appriciated.Rowan

moral is ... don't go on long journeys with them, then?

don't expect an apology tho .. 'you are only one... you have no power' ....

k.roy [k.roy] I did - Manchester to Paris - the firm we booked with said that they'd supply vegan food for me and nut free food for my fiance. I took a packed lunch anyway because I never trust airlines.They didn't provide a vegan meal either way (an apple and a cow's milk yogurt on the way out, nothing at all on the way back) and gave my fiance a sandwich with walnuts in on the way back - which I think is worse because it could have killed him, I was just hungry.Wrote to complain - they were unapologetic and said they can't provide special meals in economy and we shouldn't have been told otherwise....I wouldn't trust them and I'd take my own food anyway - that way it's a pleasant surprise if they get it right.Karen

Then we should ask for a reduction in the cost as we are paying for a meal we don't get .. the airlines have stolen the money for your meal

- the firm we booked with said that they'd supply vegan food for me and nut free food for my fiance. packed lunch .They didn't provide a vegan meal either way (an apple and a cow's milk yogurt on the way out, nothing at all on the way back) Wrote to complain - they were unapologetic and said they can't provide special meals in economy and we shouldn't have been told otherwise....Karen

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.423 / Virus Database: 238 - Release 25/11/2002

>What was the intended attachment saying please?

I did not receive an attachment. This is one of the issues where different

mail clients handle the messages differently, some add it to the message,

others show it as an attachment. Sadly there is nothing you can do about this.

Michael