angie, a sexist chauvinist one at that. That's one black mark for this

list, if there is another (I dare you angie) one I'll leave and I'd

encourage other vgns (who aren't deranged) to leave and start a new list

where we can have truly stimulating conversation, other than pets and

sexist comment.

Seriously, I think help is needed for your obvious anger problem, all

Lesley needs to do is say " back me up angie " and you are there shooting her

gun.

Kick angie please, or apologize, or I'm off....

You now know where I stand,

Rowan.

Brunel University, UK

be99rnm

Guest guest

I can't believe anyone would really take Angie's comments on males THAT seriously.

I think most of us realised she was joking, she has 4 sons after all.

Lighten up Rowan.

I do agree that this list is getting tedious but it's not because of Angie.

Lesley

Rowan Neil McCartney [be99rnm]07 April 2003 13:20 Subject: This list is getting tedious> Men are lazy sods . we should dispose of them and have sperm banks . A> few could be kept as honorary women to keep the banks full . No rape> -no wars great > > angieWomen are lazy sods . we should dispose of them and have egg banks . A few could be kept as honorary women to be perpetually impregnated . No rape - no wars... great.Wow, that's a convincing argument... I'm so proud of my intellectual prowess... Should we kill all women at birth too? These sweeping generalizations do nothing for compassion or vgnism. You are a lost cause angie, a sexist chauvinist one at that. That's one black mark for this list, if there is another (I dare you angie) one I'll leave and I'd encourage other vgns (who aren't deranged) to leave and start a new list where we can have truly stimulating conversation, other than pets and sexist comment.Seriously, I think help is needed for your obvious anger problem, all Lesley needs to do is say "back me up angie" and you are there shooting her gun.Kick angie please, or apologize, or I'm off....You now know where I stand,Rowan.Brunel University, UKbe99rnm~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

> Rowan Neil McCartney [be99rnm]

>

> Kick angie please, or apologize, or I'm off....

>

Remember Michael is / was away, so the list is suffering a lack of

moderation (in more than one sense) atm. Hopefully people will stop abusing

it and let it settle back to it's usual self once Michael's back. Shame that

people can't resist spoiling it when he's away :-(

Steve

Guest guest

Oh Rowan, please don't go. How could we manage without you...

So what makes you think you'd be missed? What arrogance, demanding an apology and *threatening* us with your leaving. Go then. Your decision. Start up your own list if you want, you might get 2 or 3 to join you.

On the other hand, let's see if you're big enough to see you made a mistake - and apologise to Angie...

Viv

Rowan Neil McCartney [be99rnm]Monday, April 07, 2003 1:20 PM Subject: This list is getting tedious> Men are lazy sods . we should dispose of them and have sperm banks . A> few could be kept as honorary women to keep the banks full . No rape> -no wars great > > angieWomen are lazy sods . we should dispose of them and have egg banks . A few could be kept as honorary women to be perpetually impregnated . No rape - no wars... great.Wow, that's a convincing argument... I'm so proud of my intellectual prowess... Should we kill all women at birth too? These sweeping generalizations do nothing for compassion or vgnism. You are a lost cause angie, a sexist chauvinist one at that. That's one black mark for this list, if there is another (I dare you angie) one I'll leave and I'd encourage other vgns (who aren't deranged) to leave and start a new list where we can have truly stimulating conversation, other than pets and sexist comment.Seriously, I think help is needed for your obvious anger problem, all Lesley needs to do is say "back me up angie" and you are there shooting her gun.Kick angie please, or apologize, or I'm off....You now know where I stand,Rowan.Brunel University, UKbe99rnm~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Perhaps this list is getting tedious. Perhaps this is your opinion.

Perhaps you should start your own list, but when you're through

stipulating what can and cannot be subjects of discourse, what fun will

it be?

Undoubtedly, i'll offend people with this next comment. Nonetheless,

i'm a bit bored of people who are always complaining about lists. It's

just a list!! There are plenty of 'em.

Respectfully yours,

k@

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 13:20 Europe/London, Rowan Neil McCartney

wrote:

>

> > Men are lazy sods . we should dispose of them and have sperm banks .

> A

> > few could be kept as honorary women to keep the banks full .  No rape

> > -no wars  great

> > 

> > angie

>

> Women are lazy sods . we should dispose of them and have egg banks . A

> few

> could be kept as honorary women to be perpetually impregnated . No

> rape -

> no wars... great.

>

> Wow, that's a convincing argument... I'm so proud of my intellectual

> prowess...  Should we kill all women at birth too?  These sweeping

> generalizations do nothing for compassion or vgnism.  You are a lost

> cause

> angie, a sexist chauvinist one at that.  That's one black mark for this

> list, if there is another (I dare you angie) one I'll leave and I'd

> encourage other vgns (who aren't deranged) to leave and start a new

> list

> where we can have truly stimulating conversation, other than pets and

> sexist comment.

> Seriously, I think help is needed for your obvious anger problem, all

> Lesley needs to do is say " back me up angie " and you are there

> shooting her

> gun.

>

> Kick angie please, or apologize, or I'm off....

>

> You now know where I stand,

>

> Rowan.

>

>

> Brunel University, UK

> be99rnm

>

>

<image.tiff>

>

>

> ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

> there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

> ---------------------------

> Was this message Off Topic?  Did you know?  Was it snipped?

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

> Un: send a blank message to

> -

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Viv

Oh Rowan, please don't go. How could we manage without you...

So what makes you think you'd be missed? What arrogance, demanding an apology and *threatening* us with your leaving. Go then. Your decision. Start up your own list if you want, you might get 2 or 3 to join you.

On the other hand, let's see if you're big enough to see you made a mistake - and apologise to Angie...

---

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.449 / Virus Database: 251 - Release 27/01/2003

Guest guest

Angie :

> I back people I choose to back --invariably the one being bullied

> I tend to side with women because they are still regarded as less

important

Make your mind up Angie. Do you back people being bullied or women ? Or just

bullied women ? Not sure there's much sign on this list of *women* being

seen as less important either... so maybe it's an inappropriate place for

that attitude (especially in arguments which just appear to be between

women).

> I make jokes and expect people to recognise them as such.

If one of the males on the group had originally posted Rowan's rewrite of

your original post, would you have taken it as " just a joke " or would he be

being called sexist and a chauvinist ? Isn't one of the major complaints

that many women have, that men make demeaning/sexist/chauvinist jokes, and

then laugh it off as " it was just a joke " .

Steve

Guest guest

maybe he mistook you for a 1980's militant feminist... one film too

many...

my wife didn't change her name when we got married... nor when we got

divorved...

my brother just changed his name to my mother's maiden name... (cos my

father is a prick)

and i told my girlfriend to go travelling for four months around Asia

because London was pissing her off too much... i think she's up Sapa

mountain today in north Vietnam... because she's never been ...

Rowan whilst pointing out Angie's .. er... anger ... completely misses

his own ... and someone so oblivious to his own anger is a dangerous

person...

which one's are serious?

>

> Angie Wright [angiewright]

>

> Some people are so serious on here . I back people I choose

> to back --invariably the one being bullied

>

> I make jokes and expect people to recognise them as such. I

> tend to side with women because they are still regarded as

> less important --How many think they have to change their

> name if they marry a man ? . The fact that they don't is not

> generally known .

>

> Why should I care where you stand ? When are you going ?

>

> At least I don't use bad language like many on here ,or

> doesn't that count in your book ? Did you forget to give us

> the rules to play by ?

>

> Angie

>

>

<snipped>

Guest guest

Maybe your brother didn't like the name "Slay", is he veggie/vegan like you? Slay means kill doesn't it, usually seems to refer to vampires these days. I wouldn't want a name like Butcher or Hunter.

What is your mum's maiden name, does it mean something nicer?

My husband and I both changed our name to Dove when we married, thought it sounded nice, maybe make me more peaceable! ......... Did I hear someone say "fat chance"?

Lesley

Oliver Slay [oliver]08 April 2003 13:38 Subject: RE: This list is getting tediousmaybe he mistook you for a 1980's militant feminist... one film toomany...my wife didn't change her name when we got married... nor when we gotdivorved...my brother just changed his name to my mother's maiden name... (cos myfather is a prick)and i told my girlfriend to go travelling for four months around Asiabecause London was pissing her off too much... i think she's up Sapamountain today in north Vietnam... because she's never been ... Rowan whilst pointing out Angie's .. er... anger ... completely misseshis own ... and someone so oblivious to his own anger is a dangerousperson...which one's are serious?> > Angie Wright [angiewright] > > Some people are so serious on here . I back people I choose > to back --invariably the one being bullied > > I make jokes and expect people to recognise them as such. I > tend to side with women because they are still regarded as > less important --How many think they have to change their > name if they marry a man ? . The fact that they don't is not > generally known . > > Why should I care where you stand ? When are you going ? > > At least I don't use bad language like many on here ,or > doesn't that count in your book ? Did you forget to give us > the rules to play by ? > > Angie> > > Rowan Neil McCartney [be99rnm] <snipped>**~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Oliver means the carrier of the olive... bringer of peace... the dove ... it was not something i imposed on myself later... i had this from birth ... i live it ...

Slay is a wooden bar used to slam down the wool as it is woven ... it is also the name for a gentle grass slope...

my mother's name is equivalent to Weaver ... her father came from Catalunya...

Lesley Dove [Lesley]

Maybe your brother didn't like the name "Slay", is he veggie/vegan like you? Slay means kill doesn't it, usually seems to refer to vampires these days. I wouldn't want a name like Butcher or Hunter.

My husband and I both changed our name to Dove when we married, thought it sounded nice, maybe make me more peaceable! ......... Did I hear someone say "fat chance"?

Lesley

Oliver Slay [oliver]08 April 2003 13:38 Subject: RE: This list is getting tediousmaybe he mistook you for a 1980's militant feminist... one film toomany...my wife didn't change her name when we got married... nor when we gotdivorved...my brother just changed his name to my mother's maiden name... (cos myfather is a prick)and i told my girlfriend to go travelling for four months around Asiabecause London was pissing her off too much... i think she's up Sapamountain today in north Vietnam... because she's never been ... Rowan whilst pointing out Angie's .. er... anger ... completely misseshis own ... and someone so oblivious to his own anger is a dangerousperson...which one's are serious?> > Angie Wright [angiewright] > > Some people are so serious on here . I back people I choose > to back --invariably the one being bullied > > I make jokes and expect people to recognise them as such. I > tend to side with women because they are still regarded as > less important --How many think they have to change their > name if they marry a man ? . The fact that they don't is not > generally known . > > Why should I care where you stand ? When are you going ? > > At least I don't use bad language like many on here ,or > doesn't that count in your book ? Did you forget to give us > the rules to play by ? > > Angie> > > Rowan Neil McCartney [be99rnm] <snipped>**~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

My first husband's surname was Oliver, so I double-barrelled my name in my first marriage and was called Lesley Roberts-Oliver, what a gobfull that was. I cringe at it now.

Lesley

Oliver Slay [oliver]08 April 2003 14:40 Subject: RE: This list is getting tedious

Oliver means the carrier of the olive... bringer of peace... the dove ... it was not something i imposed on myself later... i had this from birth ... i live it ...

Slay is a wooden bar used to slam down the wool as it is woven ... it is also the name for a gentle grass slope...

my mother's name is equivalent to Weaver ... her father came from Catalunya...

Lesley Dove [Lesley]

Lesley

Guest guest

i am cringing now too...

Lesley Dove [Lesley]

My first husband's surname was Oliver, so I double-barrelled my name in my first marriage and was called Lesley Roberts-Oliver, what a gobfull that was. I cringe at it now.

Lesley

Guest guest

Steve Welburn []

08 April 2003 09:13

RE: This list is getting tedious

Make your mind up Angie. Do you back people being bullied or women ? Or

just bullied women ? Not sure there's much sign on this list of *women*

being seen as less important either... so maybe it's an inappropriate

place for that attitude (especially in arguments which just appear to be

between women).

Read what I wrote ! -- People I chose --- Free country and all that !

I don't restrict just to this list

If one of the males on the group had originally posted Rowan's rewrite

of your original post, would you have taken it as " just a joke " or would

he be being called sexist and a chauvinist ? Isn't one of the major

complaints that many women have, that men make

demeaning/sexist/chauvinist jokes, and then laugh it off as " it was just

a joke " .

I would have corrected his error i.e. women become honorary males

,don't you know ---as the queen was so " honoured " once

Being sexist ( for a joke ) livens the debate , when the list is

tedious especially for those who are easily offended .

If men make sexist remarks around me I don't get offended -----I just

thump them

Who wants a good smake right now -angie

~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

---------------------------

Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Vegans tend to be more aware and don't blindly follow rules imo

Why doesanyone think I was angry I regularly make the comment -- " about

time we got sperm banks " people aren't supposed to think I mean it .

Most of my friends are men !!!and I'm always advertising for one

How old is Steve ? Is he available ? Don't let on that I asked !!

Oliver Slay [oliver]

08 April 2003 13:38

RE: This list is getting tedious

maybe he mistook you for a 1980's militant feminist... one film too

many...

my wife didn't change her name when we got married... nor when we got

divorved...

my brother just changed his name to my mother's maiden name... (cos my

father is a prick)

and i told my girlfriend to go travelling for four months around Asia

because London was pissing her off too much... i think she's up Sapa

mountain today in north Vietnam... because she's never been ...

Rowan whilst pointing out Angie's .. er... anger ... completely misses

his own ... and someone so oblivious to his own anger is a dangerous

person...

which one's are serious?

>

> Angie Wright [angiewright]

>

> Some people are so serious on here . I back people I choose

> to back --invariably the one being bullied

>

> I make jokes and expect people to recognise them as such. I

> tend to side with women because they are still regarded as

> less important --How many think they have to change their

> name if they marry a man ? . The fact that they don't is not

> generally known .

>

> Why should I care where you stand ? When are you going ?

>

> At least I don't use bad language like many on here ,or

> doesn't that count in your book ? Did you forget to give us

> the rules to play by ?

>

> Angie

>

>

<snipped>

~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

---------------------------

Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

Un: send a blank message to -