Smoking debate via other thoughts [OT]

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

> Would you give a person who cuts themself a knife to do it

I don't really want to start responding to individual messages (watch

out for my " I'm Mr angry " summary once I have gotten up to date with

the list) but I know a psychologist who was happy with someone who was

cutting themself to continue doing so as it meant they had a release.

Pity she was an otherwise thoroughly disagreeable and ineffective in

her job.

Michael

Guest guest

You obviously know very little about the complexities of self harm. Only highly tuned- in psychologists would have made the same decision and encouraged the woman to use sterile blades and keep a first aid kit handy for bandaging. The first step to helping someone who self harms is not to take away their 'release' but to help them take care of their wounds. This helps them on the journey to healing.

I know a psychologist who was happy with someone who was cutting themself to continue doing so as it meant they had a release. Pity she was an otherwise thoroughly disagreeable and ineffective in her job.Michael~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

> You obviously know very little about the complexities of self harm.

That's a rather obnoxious comment to make!? I was stating a fact and

whether or not you agree with the action taken does not change that it

happened. Nor does it give you any right to tell me what I know.

Michael

Guest guest

You were obnoxious and you know it. I will not write any more on the subject.

mavreela <nec.lists wrote:

> You obviously know very little about the complexities of self harm.That's a rather obnoxious comment to make!? I was stating a fact and whether or not you agree with the action taken does not change that it happened. Nor does it give you any right to tell me what I know.Michael~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -