IndiaDivine.org

aging

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

At 50 I'm still the same person I've been most of my adult life... still love to party, still dress the same, still have the same values. Aging isn't so much something that affects one's behavior, as much as it affects one's body. That's where the "drag gettting old" comes in. Still wanting to dance & party & live the same... but not having the energy that I did before, not healing as quickly as I used to from muscle strains, and to top it off... finding the lines & gray hairs forming. YIKES!! That hurts.

No matter how compassionately & wisely I eat... and no matter how progressive my values may be, one cannot stop the body from aging. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong on this one! PLEASE let me know if you have evidence of how to counter the physical aging process!!! (I've tried vitamins, esp anti-oxidents, and all sorts of moisturizing creams & sunscreens. No success. )

From my experience, it seems to be that effects of aging are totally genetic. I know people older than I who eat horribly but look younger. So choose your parents wisely!

For those of you still young enough to have avoided any wrinkling or graying... use lots of sunscreen & drink lots of water. That should help preserve your youthful looks as long as possible. Sorry I didn't start when I was younger.

Good luck!

SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

Guest guest

Smoking has huge aging effects too, so I would add to that advice not to smoke (plenty of other reasons not to smoke anyway)

Lesley

Michelle B [ninashel]03 July 2003 05:30 Subject: Re: aging

At 50 I'm still the same person I've been most of my adult life... still love to party, still dress the same, still have the same values. Aging isn't so much something that affects one's behavior, as much as it affects one's body. That's where the "drag gettting old" comes in. Still wanting to dance & party & live the same... but not having the energy that I did before, not healing as quickly as I used to from muscle strains, and to top it off... finding the lines & gray hairs forming. YIKES!! That hurts.

No matter how compassionately & wisely I eat... and no matter how progressive my values may be, one cannot stop the body from aging. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong on this one! PLEASE let me know if you have evidence of how to counter the physical aging process!!! (I've tried vitamins, esp anti-oxidents, and all sorts of moisturizing creams & sunscreens. No success. )

From my experience, it seems to be that effects of aging are totally genetic. I know people older than I who eat horribly but look younger. So choose your parents wisely!

For those of you still young enough to have avoided any wrinkling or graying... use lots of sunscreen & drink lots of water. That should help preserve your youthful looks as long as possible. Sorry I didn't start when I was younger.

Good luck!

SBC DSL - Now only $29.95 per month! ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Apparently marlboro, camel and other tobbaco product manufacturers

conduct horrendous tests on animals. They force them to breath

ciggarette smoke through a ventilator for prolonged periods, amongst

other torturing abhorance. I am not an expert on it so I can not go

into much detail, but it is something to be aware of. PETA has more

info.

, " Lesley Dove " <Lesley@v...> wrote:

> Smoking has huge aging effects too, so I would add to that advice

not to

> smoke (plenty of other reasons not to smoke anyway)

>

> Lesley

>

Guest guest

Really good point. It's bizarre how smoking transcends politics and principles. There's AR activists smoking (the brands you mention!), environmentalists smoking, anti capitalists smoking, health care workers smoking, pregnant women smoking... I guess that's what addiction does. Makes us do bizarre things. Cigs have been tested on dogs for decades in similar trials, as well as most of the chemicals used in any fag, and there's around 200. :-(

veganseer <argyw wrote:

Apparently marlboro, camel and other tobbaco product manufacturers conduct horrendous tests on animals. They force them to breath ciggarette smoke through a ventilator for prolonged periods, amongst other torturing abhorance. I am not an expert on it so I can not go into much detail, but it is something to be aware of. PETA has more info. , "Lesley Dove" <Lesley@v...> wrote:> Smoking has huge aging effects too, so I would add to that advice not to> smoke (plenty of other reasons not to smoke anyway)> > Lesley> ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -