Guest guest

Saturday 6th September,

Meet at 7 pm for a meal at Manna Restaurant,

4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, NW3

Chalk Farm tube/31, 168 bus

http://www.manna-veg.com/

Tel/Fax: 0207-722-8028

Lots of vegan options on the menu.

Veggie/vegan mums only please for the meal.

Most importantly please confirm with me before Sat 30th Aug if you are

coming, for me to book the right number, as booking is essential!

After the meal we shall be going to the no smoking nightclub night at,

BAR UNO

4 INVERNESS STREET

CAMDEN

NW1

Nearest Tube: Camden Town

Free b4 10pm more thereafter

http://www.nonsmokingvenues.com/

Dress SSS- SMART, STYLISH AND SEXY - whatever that means, it says that on

the website so I should warn you all there is some sort of dresscode. They

have an information hotline, Charley or Sam on: 07930 18 48 47 or email

samie

Other veggie/vegan friends are welcome to join us for the nightclub bit

(some other vegans expressed an interest in our night out and I said that as

it is at a nightclub and not a private party they were welcome to come along

and say hello).

Lesley Dove

Tel: 020 8861 1233

Email: Lesley

Hi Lesley, I hope you don't mind me asking but as a vegan mother is there much vegan entertainment for children at gatherings or festivals etc. such as a puppet theatre with plays and songs with a vegan/AR message? My friend and I are working on such a thing and wondered if one already existed. What do you think of the idea?

W xx

Lesley Dove <Lesley wrote:

Saturday 6th September,Meet at 7 pm for a meal at Manna Restaurant,4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, NW3Chalk Farm tube/31, 168 bushttp://www.manna-veg.com/Tel/Fax: 0207-722-8028Lots of vegan options on the menu.Veggie/vegan mums only please for the meal.Most importantly please confirm with me before Sat 30th Aug if you arecoming, for me to book the right number, as booking is essential!After the meal we shall be going to the no smoking nightclub night at,BAR UNO4 INVERNESS STREETCAMDENNW1Nearest Tube: Camden TownFree b4 10pm more thereafterhttp://www.nonsmokingvenues.com/Dress SSS- SMART, STYLISH AND SEXY - whatever that means, it says that onthe website so I should warn you all there is some sort of dresscode.

Theyhave an information hotline, Charley or Sam on: 07930 18 48 47 or emailsamieOther veggie/vegan friends are welcome to join us for the nightclub bit(some other vegans expressed an interest in our night out and I said that asit is at a nightclub and not a private party they were welcome to come alongand say hello).Lesley DoveTel: 020 8861 1233Email: Lesley~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

What a great idea! I think I may have had an email from you or your friend already and can't find it to reply to so thanks for asking again. Sorry I think I was going to reply and forgot to. The National Vegan Festival usually has a kids art workshop but not usually the kind of thing you are suggesting, not sure why not, maybe they don't know anyone who does what you are planning to do. I do remember something of the type of thing you are trying to do was done at a Green Party organised event in a large hall after the Green Party animal rights march a few years ago, but nothing at any other vegan/AR events I've been to. The Green Party did so wonderfully well making their event child friendly and I think probably because some of the main organisers of their animal rights working group are parents themselves, so they put a lot of thought into it and had a giant whale for kids to go into with a storyteller inside as well as their show for children and making a big collage picture.

My suggestion at this point would be to contact the organisers of the National Vegan Festival if you are ready with your puppet theatre by mid-September they might be able to include you as part of the event this year or otherwise next year if it's too late this time.

http://www.veganfestival.freeserve.co.uk/2003/03_index.htm

Email: calf

Lesley

wendy shapiro [wendyzshapiro]16 August 2003 22:02 Subject: Re: Vegetarian and Vegan Mums' Night Out - London

Hi Lesley, I hope you don't mind me asking but as a vegan mother is there much vegan entertainment for children at gatherings or festivals etc. such as a puppet theatre with plays and songs with a vegan/AR message? My friend and I are working on such a thing and wondered if one already existed. What do you think of the idea?

W xx

Saturday 6th September,Meet at 7 pm for a meal at Manna Restaurant,4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, NW3Chalk Farm tube/31, 168 bushttp://www.manna-veg.com/Tel/Fax: 0207-722-8028Lots of vegan options on the menu.Veggie/vegan mums only please for the meal.Most importantly please confirm with me before Sat 30th Aug if you arecoming, for me to book the right number, as booking is essential!After the meal we shall be going to the no smoking nightclub night at,BAR UNO4 INVERNESS STREETCAMDENNW1Nearest Tube: Camden TownFree b4 10pm more thereafterhttp://www.nonsmokingvenues.com/Dress SSS- SMART, STYLISH AND SEXY - whatever that means, it says that onthe website so I should warn you all there is some sort of dresscode. Theyhave an information hotline, Charley or Sam on: 07930 18 48 47 or emailsamieOther veggie/vegan friends are welcome to join us for the nightclub bit(some other vegans expressed an interest in our night out and I said that asit is at a nightclub and not a private party they were welcome to come alongand say hello).Lesley DoveTel: 020 8861 1233Email: Lesley~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Hi Lesley,

Thanks so much for getting back to me and for your enthusiasm. We wouldn't be ready by this vegan festival - I'm off on holiday! - but this is an idea we will follow up. The Green Party's event sounded wonderful and we would love to complement something like this but it will be a wee while yet as I've only just begun looking for cruelty free gold paint for the theatre. (Then I'm off on holiday!)

Best wishes,

Wendy x

The New Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

Another thought for you Wendy, have you approached Animal Aid? They organise the Christmas Without Cruelty event in Kensington Town Hall every year and your thing would be a super addition to that event, just the ticket for making kids feel involved in the veggie/vegan/AR world. They used to have a kids drawing and painting session, where the kids drew animals and they put them up as a collage with jungle/ocean background, that sort of thing, but they had to drop this when they lacked the volunteers to continue with it, so in more recent years I've not seen much there for kids especially. Get some business cards printed up if you do your show there so you can give them to parents, then you will be likely to get booked for kids' birthday parties, in the process educating their non-veg friends!

I'm also looking for parents who are going to the Vegan Society AGM because I had a bad experience last year with the social after the AGM not being at all families-orientated, would you be interested in going and doing your thing there in November if we can find enough families who want to go to something like this after the AGM?

Lesley

wendy shapiro [wendyzshapiro]16 August 2003 22:02 Subject: Re: Vegetarian and Vegan Mums' Night Out - London

W xx

Saturday 6th September,Meet at 7 pm for a meal at Manna Restaurant,4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, NW3Chalk Farm tube/31, 168 bushttp://www.manna-veg.com/Tel/Fax: 0207-722-8028Lots of vegan options on the menu.Veggie/vegan mums only please for the meal.Most importantly please confirm with me before Sat 30th Aug if you arecoming, for me to book the right number, as booking is essential!After the meal we shall be going to the no smoking nightclub night at,BAR UNO4 INVERNESS STREETCAMDENNW1Nearest Tube: Camden TownFree b4 10pm more thereafterhttp://www.nonsmokingvenues.com/Dress SSS- SMART, STYLISH AND SEXY - whatever that means, it says that onthe website so I should warn you all there is some sort of dresscode. Theyhave an information hotline, Charley or Sam on: 07930 18 48 47 or emailsamieOther veggie/vegan friends are welcome to join us for the nightclub bit(some other vegans expressed an interest in our night out and I said that asit is at a nightclub and not a private party they were welcome to come alongand say hello).Lesley DoveTel: 020 8861 1233Email: Lesley~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Hi Lesley,

Thanks again for more imput, the Christmas without Cruelty fayre is a great idea! I'll give Animal Aid a call when I get back from holiday. I'd like to have the little theatre up and running as it's quite a festive thing. The AGM would be an excellent practice run. I'll give them a call too.

That is such a pity about the lack of volunteers to do the jungle/ocean drawings. My background is in community art and I've taught children what they can make with scraps, etc. I used to do a paper making workshop... oh dear, I see a whole vegan Children's Corner coming on. Sounds like it's necessary. I belong to a scrap project so I can get all the materials for free.

Wendy x

Another thought for you Wendy, have you approached Animal Aid? They organise the Christmas Without Cruelty event in Kensington Town Hall every year and your thing would be a super addition to that event, just the ticket for making kids feel involved in the veggie/vegan/AR world. They used to have a kids drawing and painting session, where the kids drew animals and they put them up as a collage with jungle/ocean background, that sort of thing, but they had to drop this when they lacked the volunteers to continue with it, so in more recent years I've not seen much there for kids especially. Get some business cards printed up if you do your show there so you can give them to parents, then you will be likely to get booked for kids' birthday parties, in the process educating their non-veg friends!

I'm also looking for parents who are going to the Vegan Society AGM because I had a bad experience last year with the social after the AGM not being at all families-orientated, would you be interested in going and doing your thing there in November if we can find enough families who want to go to something like this after the AGM?

Lesley

W xx

Saturday 6th September,Meet at 7 pm for a meal at Manna Restaurant,4 Erskine Road, Primrose Hill, NW3Chalk Farm tube/31, 168 bushttp://www.manna-veg.com/Tel/Fax: 0207-722-8028Lots of vegan options on the menu.Veggie/vegan mums only please for the meal.Most importantly please confirm with me before Sat 30th Aug if you arecoming, for me to book the right number, as booking is essential!After the meal we shall be going to the no smoking nightclub night at,BAR UNO4 INVERNESS STREETCAMDENNW1Nearest Tube: Camden TownFree b4 10pm more thereafterhttp://www.nonsmokingvenues.com/Dress SSS- SMART, STYLISH AND SEXY - whatever that means, it says that onthe website so I should warn you all there is some sort of dresscode.

Theyhave an information hotline, Charley or Sam on: 07930 18 48 47 or emailsamieOther veggie/vegan friends are welcome to join us for the nightclub bit(some other vegans expressed an interest in our night out and I said that asit is at a nightclub and not a private party they were welcome to come alongand say hello).Lesley DoveTel: 020 8861 1233Email: Lesley~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to

-

The Animal Aid Christmas Without Cruelty event is on Sunday 23rd November, which is the next weekend after the Vegan Soc AGM. We hope to be at both of these.

They already run a kids artwork session at the National Vegan Festival in September, not sure about the background of the person who runs it but she might be glad of you to help if you are available even if your puppet theatre and show is not ready yet, considering community art is something you have experience of.

Lesley

wendy shapiro [wendyzshapiro]22 August 2003 13:04 Subject: RE: Vegetarian and Vegan Mums' Night Out - London

Hi Lesley,

Thanks again for more imput, the Christmas without Cruelty fayre is a great idea! I'll give Animal Aid a call when I get back from holiday. I'd like to have the little theatre up and running as it's quite a festive thing. The AGM would be an excellent practice run. I'll give them a call too.

That is such a pity about the lack of volunteers to do the jungle/ocean drawings. My background is in community art and I've taught children what they can make with scraps, etc. I used to do a paper making workshop... oh dear, I see a whole vegan Children's Corner coming on. Sounds like it's necessary. I belong to a scrap project so I can get all the materials for free.

Wendy x

Lesley

W xx