IndiaDivine.org

Hello/moderator request

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

i was a member of this group a while ago but left becaus ei was too busy to reply to email. my circumstances have changed now... i'm actually more busy but am feeling a stronger calling to speak to like minded people and find out more about issues that i believe in.

I'll send a seperate email re-intriducing myself again but for now i just wanted to say hi! I've read the last few posts about whether to keep the group open and wanted to say i'd be happy to take over moderation on a trial basis if no one minds a new comer taking over! ;-)

I'll give it my best to get the group going but if after a few weeks it falls flat i'll consider closing it, as you were Michael.

If i'm out of line or someone has stepped in then it doesn't matter, i have loads to do anyway, but i'd definitely like a place to talk to other UK vegans and share ideas for activism etc.

I'm fairly new to it all to be honest so could really do with some advice!

and i would *love* to meet vegans near me. I'm the only one i know! ;-)

What do you think?

Laura x

(I used to be veganvixenuk)Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE

Messenger

Hi Laura,

I haven't been a member of this group very long, but as one members opinion I think it would be worth you giving it a go. It might be hard getting people to talk, as you've probably noticed! At the moment I think this group would make a good "sitting in silence" meditation group ; - )

As you would have read in my last email, I'm interested in sharing about activism. What things are you involved with? Where do you live? (I'm in Wales). Apart from being vegan (which is good in itself I know) I'm currently not doing much else, except I'm introducing a woman I know to veganism at the moment. I'm busy as well, but feel I could do some things, like writing letters. There's just that feeling that there's so much to address, a "where to start?" feeling. But of course, you just have to jump in and do what you can.

Anyway, I'm behind you giving this group a go. It would be a shame to let a UK based list disapear. It's funny really, as I can imagine many of us here have complained we don't know many vegans in our life, or who live near us, and then we have the chance to speak to those who are specifically in the UK (I just checked and there's currently 181 people on this list) but no one speaks! I know there's lots of British people on other lists, but if this list goes, no doubt there will be many complaints in the future that there isn't a UK based one. A place where people can talk about British products and local events, and everyone will know what they're talking about and won't look at them like they come from the moon hehehe.

This list could really be something important for british vegans, maybe it would help defining exactly how this list can support us (although I think it's quite obvious) getting to know other brit vegans, arranging events/arranging meeting at events, foods we're eating/products we like (we all know what cauldron smoked tofu is ; - ) Or that (releat I think the name is) frozen soya mince - makes good shepherds pie/bolognaise don't you think? hehehee

Ok, well I'm behind you Laura : - )

Jak

-

Laura Moore

Saturday, October 11, 2003 6:37 PM

Hello/moderator request

Hello everyone,

i was a member of this group a while ago but left becaus ei was too busy to reply to email. my circumstances have changed now... i'm actually more busy but am feeling a stronger calling to speak to like minded people and find out more about issues that i believe in.

I'll send a seperate email re-intriducing myself again but for now i just wanted to say hi! I've read the last few posts about whether to keep the group open and wanted to say i'd be happy to take over moderation on a trial basis if no one minds a new comer taking over! ;-)

I'll give it my best to get the group going but if after a few weeks it falls flat i'll consider closing it, as you were Michael.

If i'm out of line or someone has stepped in then it doesn't matter, i have loads to do anyway, but i'd definitely like a place to talk to other UK vegans and share ideas for activism etc.

What do you think?

Laura x

(I used to be veganvixenuk)

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Messenger ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

Hi Laura

I don't post much on this group or any group, but from time to time I do.

I think it would be a shame for the group to close down, as over a couple of years or so..it seemed to get busy then seems to dies a little.

It makes me wonder how much of a influence I made to this group.

I for one wouldn't object to you modding the group.

bye

Simon

Laura Moore

Saturday, October 11, 2003 6:37 PM

Hello/moderator request

Hello everyone,

What do you think?

Laura x

(I used to be veganvixenuk)

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Messenger ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 18:37:54 +0100 (BST), Laura Moore

<laurakatemoore wrote:

>I've read the last few posts about whether to keep the group open

>and wanted to say i'd be happy to take over moderation on a trial

>basis if no one minds a new comer taking over! ;-)

>I'll give it my best to get the group going but if after a few weeks

>it falls flat i'll consider closing it, as you were Michael.

>If i'm out of line or someone has stepped in then it doesn't matter,

>i have loads to do anyway, but i'd definitely like a place to talk to

>other UK vegans and share ideas for activism etc.

It's good of you to volunteer, Laura - go for it! If there's still

tumbleweed blowing across the list in a few weeks, then at least you can

say that you tried!

With a momentous change in the offing, it seems like a good opportunity

to review what this list should be about, so I would urge the silent

majority to come forward and say what kind of stuff they would like to

see here, as Jak has done. This should also give Laura some pointers to

help her get started.

Chris W

Hi Laura,

> but i'd definitely like a place to talk to other UK vegans and share

> ideas for activism etc.

Just as preamble... This list was never about activism, it was always

meant to be a vegan list and not an AR one. While to some there is no

difference (and I'm saying it was ever a banned subject or anything) to

others there is and it is hard to offer a support to those of the

latter group if they feel out of place because of this difference.

That said...

> I'll give it my best to get the group going but if after a few weeks

> it falls flat i'll consider closing it, as you were Michael.

If you don't mind being moderator, and no one else has any objections,

then I will promote you. On the Vegans Uncensored list I handed over

the moderation to someone else while remaining an hands off list owner

and so I will do the same here (but if everything goes well and you

want me out of the way I'll be happy to hand over completely). On that

list I gave Viv, the new moderator, complete control over how the list

is run (to set or change rules etc.) and will do the same here. So if

you feel what I mentioned above needs changing (and it's not like such

a change is going to stop anyone participating!) then feel free to do

so.

Thanks for taking over!

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. I wouldn't dream of changing something so

fundamental about the group... so please don't worry that i'll

hijack it and turn it into an AR group. I'd like to discuss

activism but its not my primary aim in being here and i understand

that not everyone feels the same and not everyone id vegan for the

same reason. I would never want to alienate anyone.

As it is, i don't get enough time to write letters etc. I got a bit

carried away in writing my email i guess! ;-)

I was just trying to think of things that i would find useful. I'd

really love to hear other people's ideas about what they would like

from a group.

Just so everyone knows i might not post daily as i'm fairly busy but

i will be around and doing stuff.

Laura x

, mavreela <ndisc@m...> wrote:

> Just as preamble... This list was never about activism, it was

always

> meant to be a vegan list and not an AR one....