IndiaDivine.org

Body Shop

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know the body shop doesn't test on animals, but i believe they *do* carry

products with animal products in them, so be careful!

but i'd love for someone to tell me otherwise.. i dislike using products

with animals in them!!

(althought I have found that the chain " Trader Joe's " carries lots of

relatively inexpensive cleansers, shampoos etc. that are creulty free)

~Betz

Free email with personality! Over 200 domains!

http://www.MyOwnEmail.com

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Hi,

I've just discovered that some of the new body shop products are labelled as

vegan but contain beeswax. Specifically some of the lip balms, glosses and

lipsticks.

Just a warning...

John

Ps: My wife mentioned it, before you get the impression that I wear

lipstick. Although it does set off my eyes nicely...!

• 1 month later...
Guest guest

Hi John,

I'm really sorry I haven't been in touch for so long, I only have Internet access at my parents house which is 50 miles from where I live, so I'm really sorry, again, for not keeping in regular contact.I have a few questions that I was wondering if you could answer for me. As ludicrous as it sounds, is there summat addictive in cheese? I'm not doing too horrifically at veganism, I've cut out alot of dairy i.e. chocolate, milk, certain breads, various confectionaries but cheese is just holding me back and it's driving me mad. I eat it without realizing and someone said summat about there being an addictive ingredient in it.

The other thing, as grim as the reply may be, how do you know if you're lactose intolerant? I've started feeling groggy if I eat cheese or one of the few dairy based things I still consume. I was wondering if, by some wonderful miracle, i was lactose intolerant or if it's a transition period I'm going through because my body's becoming less capable of digesting dairy.

Had a few blessings thrown my way by the vegan gods recently, I found out that Sainsbury's sunflower oil based crisps are vegan friendly, Boots have started a range of vegan chocolate so it would seem I have been saved from a fate parallel to death, and finally, the Green Party were canvassing in Ramsgate town centre and the have regular vegan picnics, they told me everywhere in Ramsgate that sells vegan friendly food and, I like this bit the best because it's good to know I can make a difference, even if it is only little. I picked up about 25 leaflets, all different ones from their stall and took them back to the tattoo studio I work at. They absolutely broke my heart and I started having a bit of a sniffle at the desk, pictures of horrific, torturous experiments being conducted on these poor f**king creatures who didn't deserve any of it. The piercer, Paula, and the tattoo artist, Dan, came out to see what the fuss was about. They both love their meat, notably steak,

and I don't expect them to change their whole lifestyles for summat they don't 100% believe in but they have. Dan has now started boycotting Procter & Gamble and GlaxoSmithKline and refuses to use any of their products and Paula's cut down on her meat intake, changed all her make up and toiletries, and they both did all this because of what they saw on the leaflets. I'm really, really proud of them, especially Dan, he tends to rubbish my vegan efforts and says I'm just taking vegetarianism too far, but he didn't even question it, he changed all the cleaning products at the studio, changed our tattoo aftercare guidelines because of the aftercare cream we recommend and we now have big print outs all over the studio about Procter & Gamble and promoting cruelty-free living. Excuse the really long rant but I'm just so chuffed about it.

Anywho, about the Body Shop make up, wasn't there a huge scandal a few years back, they were claiming their products to be free from animal testing and then they were exposed for exactly that, testing on animals? I seem to remember all the Body Shops within a 15 mile radius of where I lived shutting down for a time and the reopening. Correct me if I'm wrong but that what I've been told by several people. I don't actually shop there, I get all my vegan make up from a local health food shop, the name of which I can't remember.

Please reply, it may take me a while to reply but I will eventually.

Cheers

Spanna John Davis <mcxg46 wrote:

Hi,I've just discovered that some of the new body shop products are labelled asvegan but contain beeswax. Specifically some of the lip balms, glosses andlipsticks.Just a warning...JohnPs: My wife mentioned it, before you get the impression that I wearlipstick. Although it does set off my eyes nicely...!~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to

-

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos

Guest guest

Hi Spanna,

Good to hear from you again!

You posted this to the list rather than directly to me...I've replied to your personal address, but if you don't get my email for some reason, let me know.

John

On Behalf Of Anna Midgley08 May 2005 14:43 Subject: Re: Body Shop

Hi John,

I'm really sorry I haven't been in touch for so long, I only have Internet access at my parents house which is 50 miles from where I live, so I'm really sorry, again, for not keeping in regular contact.I have a few questions that I was wondering if you could answer for me. As ludicrous as it sounds, is there summat addictive in cheese? I'm not doing too horrifically at veganism, I've cut out alot of dairy i.e. chocolate, milk, certain breads, various confectionaries but cheese is just holding me back and it's driving me mad. I eat it without realizing and someone said summat about there being an addictive ingredient in it.

The other thing, as grim as the reply may be, how do you know if you're lactose intolerant? I've started feeling groggy if I eat cheese or one of the few dairy based things I still consume. I was wondering if, by some wonderful miracle, i was lactose intolerant or if it's a transition period I'm going through because my body's becoming less capable of digesting dairy.

Had a few blessings thrown my way by the vegan gods recently, I found out that Sainsbury's sunflower oil based crisps are vegan friendly, Boots have started a range of vegan chocolate so it would seem I have been saved from a fate parallel to death, and finally, the Green Party were canvassing in Ramsgate town centre and the have regular vegan picnics, they told me everywhere in Ramsgate that sells vegan friendly food and, I like this bit the best because it's good to know I can make a difference, even if it is only little. I picked up about 25 leaflets, all different ones from their stall and took them back to the tattoo studio I work at. They absolutely broke my heart and I started having a bit of a sniffle at the desk, pictures of horrific, torturous experiments being conducted on these poor f**king creatures who didn't deserve any of it. The piercer, Paula, and the tattoo artist, Dan, came out to see what the fuss was about. They both love their meat, notably steak, and I don't expect them to change their whole lifestyles for summat they don't 100% believe in but they have. Dan has now started boycotting Procter & Gamble and GlaxoSmithKline and refuses to use any of their products and Paula's cut down on her meat intake, changed all her make up and toiletries, and they both did all this because of what they saw on the leaflets. I'm really, really proud of them, especially Dan, he tends to rubbish my vegan efforts and says I'm just taking vegetarianism too far, but he didn't even question it, he changed all the cleaning products at the studio, changed our tattoo aftercare guidelines because of the aftercare cream we recommend and we now have big print outs all over the studio about Procter & Gamble and promoting cruelty-free living. Excuse the really long rant but I'm just so chuffed about it.

Anywho, about the Body Shop make up, wasn't there a huge scandal a few years back, they were claiming their products to be free from animal testing and then they were exposed for exactly that, testing on animals? I seem to remember all the Body Shops within a 15 mile radius of where I lived shutting down for a time and the reopening. Correct me if I'm wrong but that what I've been told by several people. I don't actually shop there, I get all my vegan make up from a local health food shop, the name of which I can't remember.

Please reply, it may take me a while to reply but I will eventually.

Cheers

Spanna John Davis <mcxg46 wrote:

Hi,I've just discovered that some of the new body shop products are labelled asvegan but contain beeswax. Specifically some of the lip balms, glosses andlipsticks.Just a warning...JohnPs: My wife mentioned it, before you get the impression that I wearlipstick. Although it does set off my eyes nicely...!~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Photos. Get Photos ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>Un: send a blank message to -