IndiaDivine.org

Vegans and Jobseekers Allowance Latest Update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all Things are beginning to move again Recieved another communication (at last) from the adjudicator regarding my refusal to apply for a position in a furnature store (Home Design) who sell leather setees etc. Amongst the questions I have been asked are the

following Is your lifestyle such that you avoid all contact, direct or indirect, with leather? If yes, how do you handle mixing with people who may be wearing leather shoes? How do you cope using public transport when other passengers may have animal products about their person? Where do you do your shopping? How do you cope shopping when products on display are contrary to your views? The communication also contains questions relating to my voluntary work at the local Hospice. However, at least there is some good news, my refusal of employment at Brookhouse Patterns, who manufacture componants used in military aircraft has been accepted on the grounds of my pacifism. Watch this space for further updates Peace Kev :-) .

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Hi Kev,

At least it sounds like they are asking the kind of questions that should

give them a proper idea of veganism, and the problems we are forced to face.

In fact, I rather wish more people ask those same questions - veganism might

be better understood then!

John

-

" kev maher " <deadheadkev_darwen

" lancasveg " <lancsveg >; " Veganuk "

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:08 PM

Vegans and Jobseekers Allowance Latest Update

> Hi all

> Things are beginning to move again

>

> Recieved another communication (at last) from the adjudicator regarding

my refusal to apply for a position in a furnature store (Home Design) who

sell leather setees etc. Amongst the questions I have been asked are the

following

>

> Is your lifestyle such that you avoid all contact, direct or indirect,

with leather?

>

> If yes, how do you handle mixing with people who may be wearing leather

shoes?

>

> How do you cope using public transport when other passengers may have

animal products about their person?

>

> Where do you do your shopping?

>

> How do you cope shopping when products on display are contrary to your

views?

>

> The communication also contains questions relating to my voluntary work

at the local Hospice.

>

>

> However, at least there is some good news, my refusal of employment at

Brookhouse Patterns, who manufacture componants used in military aircraft

has been accepted on the grounds of my pacifism.

>

> Watch this space for further updates

>

> Peace

> Kev

> :-)

> .

>

>

>

>

>

> To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new

Security Centre.

----------

----

Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.8/184 - Release 27/11/05

Hi Kev,

Keep up the updates, this is very interesting.Although you may be excluding yourself from two thirds of employers!

Stick to it.

The Valley Vegan............kev maher <deadheadkev_darwen wrote:

Hi all

Things are beginning to move again

Recieved another communication (at last) from the adjudicator regarding my refusal to apply for a position in a furnature store (Home Design) who sell leather setees etc. Amongst the questions I have been asked are the following

Is your lifestyle such that you avoid all contact, direct or indirect, with leather?

If yes, how do you handle mixing with people who may be wearing leather shoes?

How do you cope using public transport when other passengers may have animal products about their person?

Where do you do your shopping?

How do you cope shopping when products on display are contrary to your views?

The communication also contains questions relating to my voluntary work at the local Hospice.

However, at least there is some good news, my refusal of employment at Brookhouse Patterns, who manufacture componants used in military aircraft has been accepted on the grounds of my pacifism.

Watch this space for further updates

Peace

Kev

:-)

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

Model Search - Could you be the next catwalk superstar? Check out the competition now

Personally, I'd explain to them that the definition of veganism isn't to feel queasy around meat and leather, but to not contribute to the suffering of animals - be it eating meat, wearing leather or help sell leather settees.

I would also say that I buy all my groceries from health food shops, just in case they say something like "Well, if you shop at/support a supermarket that sells ostrich meat, then you can work at a furnature store that sells leather."

Good luck with it. Whichever way the next turn goes, I'm sure you can end up making a significant difference to the way they think.

Cheers,

James

-

kev maher

lancasveg ; Veganuk

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:08 PM

[Norton AntiSpam] Vegans and Jobseekers Allowance Latest Update

Hi all

Things are beginning to move again

Recieved another communication (at last) from the adjudicator regarding my refusal to apply for a position in a furnature store (Home Design) who sell leather setees etc. Amongst the questions I have been asked are the following

Is your lifestyle such that you avoid all contact, direct or indirect, with leather?

If yes, how do you handle mixing with people who may be wearing leather shoes?

How do you cope using public transport when other passengers may have animal products about their person?

Where do you do your shopping?

How do you cope shopping when products on display are contrary to your views?

The communication also contains questions relating to my voluntary work at the local Hospice.

However, at least there is some good news, my refusal of employment at Brookhouse Patterns, who manufacture componants used in military aircraft has been accepted on the grounds of my pacifism.

Watch this space for further updates

Peace

Kev

:-)

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.