IndiaDivine.org

Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further developments

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all Looks like I was overconfident following my recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs. This has gone to the decision maker on two counts: Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable Whether my Veganism is an unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for. I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case) Peace Kev :-(

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Guest guest

Hi Kev, I am in two minds about what I would do in your position. I mean work in an abatoir?, definately not, work in a meat packing plant?, definately not, BUUUUUT, work in a biscuit packing plant, I probably would. This is just my personal feelings mind you, I mean just how far each individual is willing to go etc. I mean Fraggle`s never going to be vice president of Walmart, and I would never work for any burger company or company that dealt with meat, but bickies? I probably would short term until I could find something better? What about the rest of you out there? come on own up, who do you work for? Me I work for BT ( telecoms), what about the rest of you? The Valley Vegan....................kev maher <deadheadkev_darwen wrote: Hi

all Looks like I was overconfident following my recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs. This has gone to the decision maker on two counts: Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable Whether my Veganism is an unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for. I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case) Peace Kev :-( To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H

Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.

Guest guest

I admire your stance and beliefs. The Valley Vegan.............Hamiltonsfitness wrote: I work for myself. I own a gym. We also sell a lot of food supplements and I must admit if you study the labels well there are a couple of them that have collagen in them. The ranges that I sell also have fish oils in their product list and I refuse to sell these. I even produce our own product lists without these items in them.On a slightly different ethical tack, I am a buddhist and discourage people from practicing martial arts moves as well. I beleive that martial arts and boxing encourage and make acceptable violence in society.Stuart Hamiltonpeter hurd Sent: Thu,

30 Mar 2006 18:25:11 +0100 (BST)Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further developmentsHi Kev,I am in two minds about what I would do in your position. I mean work in an abatoir?, definately not, work in a meat packing plant?, definately not, BUUUUUT, work in a biscuit packing plant, I probably would. This is just my personal feelings mind you, I mean just how far each individual is willing to go etc. I mean Fraggle`s never going to be vice president of Walmart, and I would never work for any burger company or company that dealt with meat, but bickies? I probably would short term until I could find something better?What about the rest of you out there? come on own up, who do you work for?Me I work for BT ( telecoms), what about the rest of you?The Valley Vegan....................kev maher wrote:Hi allLooks like I was overconfident following my

recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs.This has gone to the decision maker on two counts:* Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable* Whether my Veganism is an unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for.I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case)PeaceKev:-(--------To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.Peter H[image removed]-------- Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo.~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember

that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to - --------* Visit your group "" on the web.*

Guest guest

Peter,

But isn't that a bit like saying, "I wouldn't eat meat, but I would probably eat milk chocolate digestives..."

Kev's already beaten them, so this next bout should be straightforward. It would be a real shame if he gave up now.

Like Stuart, I also work from myself. Previously, I've worked from some well known mobile telecoms companies. I'm sure many of them wouldn't have got good ratings in Ethical Consumer magazine, and the work I did wasn't particularly pleasing either, but I managed to get away from it now into software development.

Cheers,

James

-

peter hurd

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:25 PM

Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further developments

Hi Kev,

I am in two minds about what I would do in your position. I mean work in an abatoir?, definately not, work in a meat packing plant?, definately not, BUUUUUT, work in a biscuit packing plant, I probably would. This is just my personal feelings mind you, I mean just how far each individual is willing to go etc. I mean Fraggle`s never going to be vice president of Walmart, and I would never work for any burger company or company that dealt with meat, but bickies? I probably would short term until I could find something better?

What about the rest of you out there? come on own up, who do you work for?

Me I work for BT ( telecoms), what about the rest of you?

The Valley Vegan....................kev maher <deadheadkev_darwen wrote:

Hi all

Looks like I was overconfident following my recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs.

This has gone to the decision maker on two counts:

Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable Whether my Veganism is an unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for.

I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case)

Peace

Kev

:-(

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre.

Peter H

Guest guest

Hey thats your point of view and your in control of your own concience, please dont judge. Personally, I cant see your extreme point of view. No-one is asking him to eat the biscuits or lick his fingers, which will probably be packed in wrappers anyway.Sorry, but to my mind, I probably would do the gig until I could find some other way of supporting my family. Good luck to you and yours, The Valley Vegan............James Hodgskiss <james wrote: Peter, But isn't that a bit like saying, "I wouldn't eat meat, but I would probably eat milk chocolate digestives..." Kev's already beaten them, so this next bout should be straightforward. It would be a real shame if he gave up now. Like Stuart, I also work from myself. Previously, I've worked from some well known mobile telecoms companies. I'm sure many of them wouldn't have got good ratings in Ethical Consumer magazine, and the work I did wasn't particularly pleasing either, but I managed to get away from it now into software development. Cheers, James - peter hurd Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:25 PM Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further developments Hi Kev, I am in two minds about what I would do in your position. I mean work in an abatoir?, definately not, work in a meat packing plant?, definately not, BUUUUUT, work in a biscuit packing plant, I probably would. This is just my personal feelings mind you, I mean just how far each individual is willing to go etc. I mean Fraggle`s never going to be vice president of Walmart, and I would never work for any burger company or company that dealt with meat, but bickies? I probably would

short term until I could find something better? What about the rest of you out there? come on own up, who do you work for? Me I work for BT ( telecoms), what about the rest of you? The Valley Vegan....................kev maher <deadheadkev_darwen wrote: Hi all Looks like I was overconfident following my recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs. This has gone to the decision maker on two counts: Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable Whether my Veganism is an

unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for. I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case) Peace Kev :-( To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. Peter H

Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail

Guest guest

Peter, of course it's my view - no offence intended. My point is that I was just applying consistency across the things I do that affect animal welfare - if I consume milk chocolate biscuits, it has an adverse effects on animal welfare. So too if I manufacture them.

That was all. Didn't mean to upset.

Cheers,

James

-

peter hurd

Friday, March 31, 2006 6:36 PM

Hey thats your point of view and your in control of your own concience, please dont judge.

Personally, I cant see your extreme point of view. No-one is asking him to eat the biscuits or lick his fingers, which will probably be packed in wrappers anyway.Sorry, but to my mind, I probably would do the gig until I could find some other way of supporting my family.

Good luck to you and yours,

The Valley Vegan............James Hodgskiss <james wrote:

Peter,

But isn't that a bit like saying, "I wouldn't eat meat, but I would probably eat milk chocolate digestives..."

Kev's already beaten them, so this next bout should be straightforward. It would be a real shame if he gave up now.

Like Stuart, I also work from myself. Previously, I've worked from some well known mobile telecoms companies. I'm sure many of them wouldn't have got good ratings in Ethical Consumer magazine, and the work I did wasn't particularly pleasing either, but I managed to get away from it now into software development.

Cheers,

James

-

peter hurd

Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:25 PM

Hi Kev,

I am in two minds about what I would do in your position. I mean work in an abatoir?, definately not, work in a meat packing plant?, definately not, BUUUUUT, work in a biscuit packing plant, I probably would. This is just my personal feelings mind you, I mean just how far each individual is willing to go etc. I mean Fraggle`s never going to be vice president of Walmart, and I would never work for any burger company or company that dealt with meat, but bickies? I probably would short term until I could find something better?

What about the rest of you out there? come on own up, who do you work for?

Me I work for BT ( telecoms), what about the rest of you?

The Valley Vegan....................kev maher <deadheadkev_darwen wrote:

Hi all

Looks like I was overconfident following my recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs.

This has gone to the decision maker on two counts:

Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable Whether my Veganism is an unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for.

I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case)

Peace

Kev

:-(

Peter H

Peter H

Guest guest

I understand what you are saying, it just aint my point of view. He aint making them, but they would be paying him, and if not him plenty of other people are in line waiting for a job, so he aint gonna stop the manufacture of bickies. If it were just him he had to support, then I suppose he could afford to be pickie, however if he has a family to support or dependants then I dont see the problem of earning a crust this way until something better came along.It could be a lot worse, a farm?, an abatoir? a butchers, a burger joint. Packing boxes of biscuits isnt in the same league in my thinking. The Valley Vegan................James Hodgskiss <james wrote: Peter, of course it's my view - no offence

intended. My point is that I was just applying consistency across the things I do that affect animal welfare - if I consume milk chocolate biscuits, it has an adverse effects on animal welfare. So too if I manufacture them. That was all. Didn't mean to upset. Cheers, James - peter hurd Friday, March 31, 2006 6:36 PM Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further developments Hey thats your point of view and your in control of your own concience, please dont judge. Personally, I cant see your extreme point of view. No-one is asking him to eat the biscuits or lick his fingers, which will probably be packed in wrappers anyway.Sorry, but to my mind, I probably would do the gig until I could find some other way of supporting my family. Good luck to you and yours, The Valley Vegan............James Hodgskiss <james wrote: Peter, But isn't that a bit like saying, "I wouldn't eat meat, but I would probably eat milk chocolate digestives..." Kev's already beaten them, so this next bout should be straightforward. It would be a real shame if he gave up now. Like Stuart, I also work from myself. Previously, I've worked from some well known mobile telecoms companies. I'm sure many of them wouldn't have got good ratings in Ethical Consumer magazine, and the work I did wasn't particularly pleasing either, but I managed to get away from it now into software development. Cheers, James - peter hurd Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:25 PM Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further developments Hi Kev, I am in two minds about what I would do in your position. I mean work in an abatoir?, definately not, work in a meat packing plant?, definately not, BUUUUUT, work in a biscuit packing

plant, I probably would. This is just my personal feelings mind you, I mean just how far each individual is willing to go etc. I mean Fraggle`s never going to be vice president of Walmart, and I would never work for any burger company or company that dealt with meat, but bickies? I probably would short term until I could find something better? What about the rest of you out there? come on own up, who do you work for? Me I work for BT ( telecoms), what about the rest of you? The Valley Vegan....................kev maher <deadheadkev_darwen wrote: Hi all Looks like I was overconfident following my recent victory. Today I went to sign on and was told to apply for a packing position in a local biscuit factory, a position which would

involve the constant handling of certainly non vegan and possibly not even vegatarian foodstuffs. This has gone to the decision maker on two counts: Whether my refusal to apply for the particular vacancy was reasonable Whether my Veganism is an unreasonable restriction on the types of orginisation I will work for. I thought that these issues had been resolved at my appeal. Obviously I am wrong. (Unless I am getting grief for winning my case) Peace Kev :-( To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Security Centre. Peter H Photos – NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo. Peter H Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail Peter H

Guest guest

That is a terrible mentality to behold: `Just doing my job', `if I did

not do it, someone lese would' – these are invalid excuses for

carrying out despicable acts. This is how evil continues and how

tyranny prevails.

The common worker is the tool for tyranny, the implementer of the evil

plan. Without the workers, without the multitude's subservience to the

pernicious masters the sinister forces at the top of the pyramid would

be powerless.

Mighty buildings are made from individual bricks and an individual

brick is seemingly insignificant.

, peter hurd <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> I understand what you are saying, it just aint my point of view. He

aint making them, but they would be paying him, and if not him plenty

of other people are in line waiting for a job, so he aint gonna stop

the manufacture of bickies.

> The Valley Vegan................

Guest guest

A couple of the products you sell contain collagen! That is terrible.

Why not remove these items from the products you sell, just as you did

the fish oil items? It makes little sense to remove one and keep the

other.

I wonder the origins of the collagen:

'A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpses

of executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, an

investigation by the Guardian has discovered.'

Source:

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/china_total_dehumanization.htm

, Hamiltonsfitness wrote:

>

> I work for myself. I own a gym. We also sell a lot of food supplements

> and I must admit if you study the labels well there are a couple of

> them that have collagen in them.

>

> Stuart Hamilton

>

Guest guest

On 4 Apr 2006, at 09:55, veganseer wrote:

> That is a terrible mentality to behold: `Just doing my job', `if I did

> not do it, someone lese would' – these are invalid excuses for

> carrying out despicable acts. This is how evil continues and how

> tyranny prevails.

>

That seems a tad judgmental - you can't work or participate in

society without exploitation of animals in some way, no matter how

ethical your job or lifestyle might seem on the surface. Even being

on the dole means living off money which in part will have been

created via animal exploitation. All we can do is pick our battles

and choose the lesser of two evils - to me, working in a biscuit

factory hardly seems like a " despicable act " when you consider the

alternative(s), but you may think otherwise - I don't think we should

condemn a fellow vegan for their choice in this matter though.

Paul

Guest guest

Blood money is still money generated through evil whether one takes it

or refuses it. Such a decision made by recipients of Job Seeker's

Allowance makes no difference. In fact taking away money from the

wretched, nefarious society that generated it seems only to be a good

thing, unless it encourages such a society to commit more vile acts in

order to make more money to replace that paid out. But such a

greed-driven race would be at maximum capacity anyway, so the latter

is unlikely. The only time such a decision has any importance is when

it is made by the perpetrator of evil themselves, when they either

choose to be paid for work involving evil, or decline such a job

opportunity. Or in any other scenario in which accepting money would

directly or indirectly lead to ethically criminal acts being carried out.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

, Paul Russell <prussell wrote:

> That seems a tad judgmental - you can't work or participate in

> society without exploitation of animals in some way, no matter how

> ethical your job or lifestyle might seem on the surface. Even being

> on the dole means living off money which in part will have been

> created via animal exploitation. All we can do is pick our battles

> and choose the lesser of two evils - to me, working in a biscuit

> factory hardly seems like a " despicable act " when you consider the

> alternative(s), but you may think otherwise - I don't think we should

> condemn a fellow vegan for their choice in this matter though.

>

> Paul

>

Guest guest

On 4 Apr 2006, at 11:03, veganseer wrote:

> Blood money is still money generated through evil whether one takes it

> or refuses it. Such a decision made by recipients of Job Seeker's

> Allowance makes no difference. In fact taking away money from the

> wretched, nefarious society that generated it seems only to be a good

> thing, unless it encourages such a society to commit more vile acts in

> order to make more money to replace that paid out. But such a

> greed-driven race would be at maximum capacity anyway, so the latter

> is unlikely. The only time such a decision has any importance is when

> it is made by the perpetrator of evil themselves, when they either

> choose to be paid for work involving evil, or decline such a job

> opportunity. Or in any other scenario in which accepting money would

> directly or indirectly lead to ethically criminal acts being

> carried out.

>

> The lesser of two evils is still evil.

>

You seem to think that passive participation in a society which

exploits animals, e.g. being on the dole, is morally superior to

active participation, e.g. working for a living. I would contend that

they are no different. Actually I would go further and say that

someone who earns a living and then makes ethical decisions about how

they spend the money they earn achieves a lot more than someone on

the dole, both in terms of ethical living and in their effectiveness

as a vegan advocate.

Paul

Guest guest

Sorry I shocked you so much, I am a terrible mentality O.K. ? I admit it............................goes and sits in the corner, puts on padded jacket, barks at the moon! Keep Fighting The Power! ( must dig out my Rage Against The Machine albums ) The Valley Vegan..................veganseer <veganseer wrote: That is a terrible mentality to behold: `Just doing my job', `if I didnot do it, someone lese would' – these are invalid excuses forcarrying out despicable acts. This is how evil continues and howtyranny prevails.The common worker is the tool for tyranny, the implementer of the evilplan. Without the workers, without the multitude's subservience to thepernicious masters the sinister forces at the top of the pyramid wouldbe

powerless.Mighty buildings are made from individual bricks and an individualbrick is seemingly insignificant. , peter hurd wrote:>> I understand what you are saying, it just aint my point of view. Heaint making them, but they would be paying him, and if not him plentyof other people are in line waiting for a job, so he aint gonna stopthe manufacture of bickies.> The Valley Vegan................~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank

message to -

Guest guest

No, good point. We are also a buddhist 'right livelihood' so we

shouldn't be selling products, whose replacement on the shelves must

create a market for the death of animals.

I have removed the two types of protein bar involved from our stock

list and won't replace them when they run out. (About three boxes of

each). That seems a right compromise.

stuart h

veganseer <veganseer

Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:05:18 -0000

Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further

developments

A couple of the products you sell contain collagen! That is terrible.

Why not remove these items from the products you sell, just as you did

the fish oil items? It makes little sense to remove one and keep the

other.

investigation by the Guardian has discovered.'

Source:

http://www.infowars.com/articles/ps/china_total_dehumanization.htm

>

> I work for myself. I own a gym. We also sell a lot of food

supplements

> and I must admit if you study the labels well there are a couple of

> them that have collagen in them.

>

> Stuart Hamilton

>

~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,

there may be another side to the story you have not heard.

---------------------------

Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline>

Un: send a blank message to

-

Guest guest

Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Yuck! Oh my goodness... y'all are going to have me moving to the jungle.. refusing to shower lest I kill some poor bacteria and not shaving my legs in no time! :) GinaI wonder the origins of the collagen:'A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpsesof executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, aninvestigation by the Guardian has discovered Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.

Guest guest

To be honest I have no more aversion to products made from human tissue

than those made from animal tissue. I find it a great comparison to use

when explaining my ethics to non vegetarians to substitute animal

tissue sources for human tissue sources. It helps them see how I feel

about using animals. i.e " Yes, I know eating meat does me no harm, but

eating roasted fingers would do you no harm, but you would probably be

sick if you tried " .

stuart h

Regina Fay Brook <ginafay

Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:47:36 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further

developments

Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Yuck! Oh my goodness... y'all are going to have

me moving to the jungle.. refusing to shower lest I kill some poor

bacteria and not shaving my legs in no time! :)

Gina

investigation by the Guardian has discovered

Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN

--------

Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+

countries) for 2¢/min or less.

-

Guest guest

Stuart, That is an absolutely amazing analogy... Gina Hamiltonsfitness wrote: To be honest I have no more aversion to products made from human tissue than those made from animal tissue. I find it a great comparison to use when explaining my ethics to non vegetarians to substitute animal tissue sources for human tissue sources. It helps them see how I feel about using animals. i.e "Yes, I know eating meat does me no harm, but eating roasted fingers would do you no harm, but you would probably be sick if you tried".stuart hRegina Fay Brook <ginafay Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:47:36 -0700 (PDT)Re: Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further

developments Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Yuck! Oh my goodness... y'all are going to have me moving to the jungle.. refusing to shower lest I kill some poor bacteria and not shaving my legs in no time! :)GinaI wonder the origins of the collagen:'A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpsesof executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, aninvestigation by the Guardian has discovered Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN-------- Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not

heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline> Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

Stuart, That is an absolutely amazing analogy... Gina Hamiltonsfitness wrote: To be honest I have no more aversion to products made from human tissue than those made from animal tissue. I find it a great comparison to use when explaining my ethics to non vegetarians to substitute animal tissue sources for human tissue sources. It helps them see how I feel about using animals. i.e "Yes, I know eating meat does me no harm, but eating roasted fingers would do you no harm, but you would probably be sick if you tried".stuart hRegina Fay Brook <ginafay Sent: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:47:36 -0700 (PDT)Re: Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further

developments Ewwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!! Yuck! Oh my goodness... y'all are going to have me moving to the jungle.. refusing to shower lest I kill some poor bacteria and not shaving my legs in no time! :)GinaI wonder the origins of the collagen:'A Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpsesof executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe, aninvestigation by the Guardian has discovered Regina Fay Brook, RN, BSN-------- Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less. ~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author,there may be another side to the story you have not

heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Guidelines: visit <site temporarily offline> Un: send a blank message to -

Guest guest

I commend you for your decision to no longer purchase such items. But

selling the remaining stock could introduce these products to new

people who could then go on and buy them elsewhere and provide the

manufacturer with more demand.

>

> No, good point. We are also a buddhist 'right livelihood' so we

> shouldn't be selling products, whose replacement on the shelves must

> create a market for the death of animals.

>

> I have removed the two types of protein bar involved from our stock

> list and won't replace them when they run out. (About three boxes of

> each). That seems a right compromise.

>

> stuart h

Guest guest

Now you're pushing it

veganseer <veganseer

Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:51:22 -0000

Re: Vegans & Jobseekers Allowance further

developments

I commend you for your decision to no longer purchase such items. But

selling the remaining stock could introduce these products to new

people who could then go on and buy them elsewhere and provide the

manufacturer with more demand.

>

> No, good point. We are also a buddhist 'right livelihood' so we

> shouldn't be selling products, whose replacement on the shelves must

> create a market for the death of animals.

>

> I have removed the two types of protein bar involved from our stock

> list and won't replace them when they run out. (About three boxes of

> each). That seems a right compromise.

>

> stuart h

-

Guest guest

I think he has made the right decision, at least he will no longer be stocking them. Unfortunately he has three boxes left which he needs to recoup the costs of, which he cannot probably afford to loose. I`m sure that if any vegans out thee wants to pay him their value to destroy them, he may consider it?................... The Valley Vegan.................veganseer <veganseer wrote: I commend you for your decision to no longer purchase such items. Butselling the remaining stock could introduce these products to newpeople who could then go on and buy them elsewhere and provide themanufacturer with more demand. , Hamiltonsfitness wrote:>> No, good point. We are also a buddhist 'right livelihood' so we >

shouldn't be selling products, whose replacement on the shelves must > create a market for the death of animals.> > I have removed the two types of protein bar involved from our stock > list and won't replace them when they run out. (About three boxes of > each). That seems a right compromise.> > stuart h~~ info ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Please remember that the above is only the opinion of the author, there may be another side to the story you have not heard.---------------------------Was this message Off Topic? Did you know? Was it snipped?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Guidelines: visit Un: send a blank message to -